Sponsored

"Subaru < Bronco < Jeep"

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Nice attempt at damage control. You can tell their salty from the backlash. With there money I guess they can buy any shiny new toy and test it. But the Raptor? Lol. Hope they like 8 more inches of width over the standard Bronco. No thanks. Good luck squeezing that down tight trails.

So what's the plan talk good about the Raptor and try and restore some credibility and fans? Lol.
I don't think it's "damage control". Go read the thread over at Bronco6g. It's basically a mirror of this one.
They're probably salty from all the ignorant comments that have nothing to do with Jeeps or Broncos. In saying that, unfortunately it's part of being a "celebrity" I guess.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
King of hammers "stock" is what we would consider almost unreachable extreme. Ford put together a good team too. Dont underestimate the driver and the entire team behind it.
And millions of dollars.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I think it funny that in the video, they are on a dirt road. Hell you could have drove a passenger car down that "trail". The bronco will be a decent dirt road running easy trail machine. That is what its made for. Just like the Toyota 4Runner. Also with enough money, anything can be an off road monster. A Jeep, wrangler, you can throw a $400 spacer lift on it and wheel difficult trails. Don't believe me, just watch some of Litebrites earlier videos.

I have wheeled all over the country and it is very rare to see anything other than a Jeep when the trails get tough. Do I see Toyotas on hard trails, occasionally, then they are usually more chevy and less Toyota.... The bronco is a new vehicle so we are less likely to see them out on the trail, I understand that. Yet, when I wheel at places like Sand Hollow, I did not see one on the trail, Places like Moab, none on the trail, just road trails, saw some on Long Canyon Rd. Potash Rd. Shaffers switch back and Onion Creek..... also saw a VW van camped six miles down Onion Creek, so that is hardly anything special.

On the way back to Moab from Onion Creek, there is the Bronco Ranch. They have this inspiring display of the Bronco off road capabilities. Little Rock, that would be considered an easy to moderate obstacle on a trail in Moab, and the Bronco has two tires in the air.

Jeep Wrangler JL "Subaru < Bronco < Jeep" 1661255185329

I would hate to be a guy that spent way over MSRP or MSRP for a bronco. A bronco in 10 years will be just like a S-10 Blazer. No resale value and a hoooptie. 25 years from now, you will not see a 25 year old bronco that has been off roaded for most of its life. It will not stand up to it. You can find 25 year old jeeps everywhere that are still being driven and off roader hard.

I do like the fact that Broncos are being built. Why, because I live in Michigan and it provides good wages for Michiganders. It also made Jeep step up. With that said, I think the Bronco is more of a competitor for Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk, not necessarily to compete with the wrangler line up.

With the Bronco being new, It has not found its way into the hands of many serious off roaders yet. They are out there, but very few are being put to a real test. The first wave of YouTubers are pretty much bought and paid for by Ford. The ones that are not, have not been having great luck with off road dependability. As of right now, there is zero chance that I would take off for six months of serious wheeling and put 22,000 plus miles on a bronco, and tow a camper trailer too. There is not one video on the web that would inspire that type of confidence from a Ford Bronco. Not one. Yet there are thousands of Jeep doing this at any given time.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
You probably will be. It will be awesome when you get your bronco, drive it across the country and then take it on trail in Moab and get stranded there for a couple weeks while you wait for parts. I suggest you start watching non affiliated Bronco off roading channels that actually wheel broncos, so you know what spare parts to bring with you. Good thing the Bronco has a bunch of storage space, maybe pack two front diffs.

You might want to wheel at Rausch Creek in PA or Windsock in TN first, that way you will not be so far from home when you start LYAO.

IllinoisChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I don’t have much to add to this thread…. Just a couple of observations.

It’s a little unsettling that people get so worked up and disparage these guys for their opinions. Crazy stuff. We are talking vehicles here and some of the personal comments made here are wild. Wow.

Additionally…… I found myself debating grabbing a Bronco or a Jeep last year. After spending a little time with each it was clear to me that the Jeep was more “solid” and didn’t feel, or look, as cheap as the Bronco did. No idea about the longevity, but first impressions sold me.

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I think it funny that in the video, they are on a dirt road. Hell you could have drove a passenger car down that "trail". The bronco will be a decent dirt road running easy trail machine. That is what its made for. Just like the Toyota 4Runner. Also with enough money, anything can be an off road monster. A Jeep, wrangler, you can throw a $400 spacer lift on it and wheel difficult trails. Don't believe me, just watch some of Litebrites earlier videos.

I have wheeled all over the country and it is very rare to see anything other than a Jeep when the trails get tough. Do I see Toyotas on hard trails, occasionally, then they are usually more chevy and less Toyota.... The bronco is a new vehicle so we are less likely to see them out on the trail, I understand that. Yet, when I wheel at places like Sand Hollow, I did not see one on the trail, Places like Moab, none on the trail, just road trails, saw some on Long Canyon Rd. Potash Rd. Shaffers switch back and Onion Creek..... also saw a VW van camped six miles down Onion Creek, so that is hardly anything special.

On the way back to Moab from Onion Creek, there is the Bronco Ranch. They have this inspiring display of the Bronco off road capabilities. Little Rock, that would be considered an easy to moderate obstacle on a trail in Moab, and the Bronco has two tires in the air.

1661255185329.png

I would hate to be a guy that spent way over MSRP or MSRP for a bronco. A bronco in 10 years will be just like a S-10 Blazer. No resale value and a hoooptie. 25 years from now, you will not see a 25 year old bronco that has been off roaded for most of its life. It will not stand up to it. You can find 25 year old jeeps everywhere that are still being driven and off roader hard.

I do like the fact that Broncos are being built. Why, because I live in Michigan and it provides good wages for Michiganders. It also made Jeep step up. With that said, I think the Bronco is more of a competitor for Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk, not necessarily to compete with the wrangler line up.

With the Bronco being new, It has not found its way into the hands of many serious off roaders yet. They are out there, but very few are being put to a real test. The first wave of YouTubers are pretty much bought and paid for by Ford. The ones that are not, have not been having great luck with off road dependability. As of right now, there is zero chance that I would take off for six months of serious wheeling and put 22,000 plus miles on a bronco, and tow a camper trailer too. There is not one video on the web that would inspire that type of confidence from a Ford Bronco. Not one. Yet there are thousands of Jeep doing this at any given time.
Very well said.

To add to your post, I think a lot of Bronco owners feel it is comparable to a Jeep simply because the top and doors come off. If it was a fixed roof and the doors were not removable they would be arguing about its capabilities on the 4Runner forums and not the Jeep forum.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
You probably will be. It will be awesome when you get your bronco, drive it across the country and then take it on trail in Moab and get stranded there for a couple weeks while you wait for parts. I suggest you start watching non affiliated Bronco off roading channels that actually wheel broncos, so you know what spare parts to bring with you. Good thing the Bronco has a bunch of storage space, maybe pack two front diffs.

You might want to wheel at Rausch Creek in PA or Windsock in TN first, that way you will not be so far from home when you start LYAO.
I watch all channels. I actually watch way more Jeep channels then Bronco by far. Why do sound so but hurt over the Bronco? If you don't own one and have no personal experience with it you can't really say much. Every criticism you have is just speculation. Or what you think you saw from other people.

You say the Bronco can only do light dirt roads? It has completed trails like the Rubicon trail and others with just the Sasquatch package. Hell Loren Healey threw some standard bolt on Mods that anyone can get and blew through the Rubicon with ease.

And it's funny how impressed Lite Brite was at the time. I guess they where hoping to get some kind of sponsorship.

And for the record if I do take the Bronco to the local off road parks like AOAA and Rausch and break something I'd be the first to report it. I'm not some die hard Bronco fan. Just because I'm talking about the Bronco and I own one don't get it twisted. I also own a Jeep.

Omen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys 2.0
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Manager
If you don't own one and have no personal experience with it you can't really say much. Every criticism you have is just speculation. Or what you think you saw from other people.
That, right there!

As I do not own a Bronco along side my Wrangler, I can only comment on appearance - nothing more. I find Bronco's to be a little underwhelming in the looks department. But, who cares as it's just my opinion. Since there are members here that actually own or have previously owned a current generation Bronco, I find it intellectually dishonest to do anything more than concede to their opinions. I mean, without the dual ownership, how could I possibly have a clue? Anecdotal evidence just isn't enough, but that's society today...

To whomever is going to publish their musings about the Wrangler vs. the Bronco, please do! I, for one, would love to see/read the opinions from those worthy of giving them. And that doesn't include bought and paid for sources. The lure of money corrupts, and all that.

Just my $0.02 and it probably isn't even worth that.

Omen

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I watch all channels. I actually watch way more Jeep channels then Bronco by far. Why do sound so but hurt over the Bronco? If you don't own one and have no personal experience with it you can't really say much. Every criticism you have is just speculation. Or what you think you saw from other people.

You say the Bronco can only do light dirt roads? It has completed trails like the Rubicon trail and others with just the Sasquatch package. Hell Loren Healey threw some standard bolt on Mods that anyone can get and blew through the Rubicon with ease.

And it's funny how impressed Lite Brite was at the time. I guess they where hoping to get some kind of sponsorship.

And for the record if I do take the Bronco to the local off road parks like AOAA and Rausch and break something I'd be the first to report it. I'm not some die hard Bronco fan. Just because I'm talking about the Bronco and I own one don't get it twisted. I also own a Jeep.
Lol, you do know Loren Healey is part of their marketing team and is fully sponsored by Ford right?

I’m also not sure how a professional driver completing the Rubicon trail is comparable to the average Joe attempting it.

I’m not saying it won’t do it, I’m just saying it’s not that impressive having a professional driver complete the trail.

If he jumped ship and went to Subaru and completed the trail in a lifted cross trek would you think it was as capable as the Bronco?

As a side note, you are entitled to your opinions as much as litebrite is entitled to theirs. I enjoy the banter as I think it’s exactly what these forums were created for.

I’m in central PA, if you ever want to go out and enjoy some time on the trails hit me up.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation

You are taking my reply wrong. I am glad that you are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to provide content for free. That is awesome in my book.

I do not need personal experience to see others breaking the bronco during easy wheeling. Just like I do not need personal experience to know that a hot stove will burn me. I possess the ability to learn from others experience. Litebrite made a video of a bronco going through the Rubicon trail. I think I counted almost forty times the highly modified bronco lifted tires while being driven by a world class driver. I am not saying it can't be done. I said if you throw enough money at an vehicle, you can do any trail. I am saying, that I personally spotted a stock rubicon with 35s and no lift through the Rubicon trail and then it was drove home to Michigan. I am not seeing any videos where people drive broncos across the country and wheel it hard yet. I do see videos where normal people are fucking the broncos up all the time. This can not be denied. I know people fuck up Jeeps to. Yet for every I tore up my Jeep video, I realize there are millions of them out there being wheeled. Yet there are probably only a few thousand broncos actually being wheeled and there are many videos and post of OMG I fucked up my bronco post or videos.

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Lol, you do know Loren Healey is part of their marketing team and is fully sponsored by Ford right?

I’m also not sure how a professional driver completing the Rubicon trail is comparable to the average Joe attempting it.

I’m not saying it won’t do it, I’m just saying it’s not that impressive having a professional driver complete the trail.

If he jumped ship and went to Subaru and completed the trail in a lifted cross trek would you think it was as capable as the Bronco?

As a side note, you are entitled to your opinions as much as litebrite is entitled to theirs. I enjoy the banter as I think it’s exactly what these forums were created for.

I’m in central PA, if you ever want to go out and enjoy some time on the trails hit me up.
I get he's a professional driver. But the vehicle still has to be capable and stand up to the abuse. A lifted Crosstrek? Do realize the amount of mods you would have to do with a Crosstrek to make it complete the Rubicon trail? Lol.

Here's a video of the Bronco Bone Stock no lift completing Pritchett Canyon no problem. No broken tie rods nothing. They broke a tail light that's it. Lol. All they did was put Nitto tires on and un bolted the fenders which is easy to do on the new Bronco. It's like a transformer everything bolts on and off easily with hand tools. Their not pinch welded from the factory.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I don’t have much to add to this thread…. Just a couple of observations.

It’s a little unsettling that people get so worked up and disparage these guys for their opinions. Crazy stuff. We are talking vehicles here and some of the personal comments made here are wild. Wow.

Additionally…… I found myself debating grabbing a Bronco or a Jeep last year. After spending a little time with each it was clear to me that the Jeep was more “solid” and didn’t feel, or look, as cheap as the Bronco did. No idea about the longevity, but first impressions sold me.
It's no longer "opinions" when cash is involved.
That's true in all life.
But this guy will be sucking the teet of JEEP and Bronco owners for views.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
You are taking my reply wrong. I am glad that you are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to provide content for free. That is awesome in my book.

I do not need personal experience to see others breaking the bronco during easy wheeling. Just like I do not need personal experience to know that a hot stove will burn me. I possess the ability to learn from others experience. Litebrite made a video of a bronco going through the Rubicon trail. I think I counted almost forty times the highly modified bronco lifted tires while being driven by a world class driver. I am not saying it can't be done. I said if you throw enough money at an vehicle, you can do any trail. I am saying, that I personally spotted a stock rubicon with 35s and no lift through the Rubicon trail and then it was drove home to Michigan. I am not seeing any videos where people drive broncos across the country and wheel it hard yet. I do see videos where normal people are fucking the broncos up all the time. This can not be denied. I know people fuck up Jeeps to. Yet for every I tore up my Jeep video, I realize there are millions of them out there being wheeled. Yet there are probably only a few thousand broncos actually being wheeled and there are many videos and post of OMG I fucked up my bronco post or videos.
Many stock. Bronco being wheeled with no issues. The ones that are having issues are from brand new off roaders that don't know how to drive. The same people would break things on a Jeep as well.

Alot of people that never off roaded jumped on the Bronco band wagon and thought it was invincible. They fly through deep mud holes full send and snap a tie rod or go full send up a rock cliff when you're supposed to go slow and pick your lines. They have no idea what they're doing. I've seen the videos where there was a break. It's ridiculous.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
The only thing that surprises me is that Ford didn't call the Bronco a Rangler.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I get he's a professional driver. But the vehicle still has to be capable and stand up to the abuse. A lifted Crosstrek? Do realize the amount of mods you would have to do with a Crosstrek to make it complete the Rubicon trail? Lol.

Here's a video of the Bronco Bone Stock no lift completing Pritchett Canyon no problem. No broken tie rods nothing. They broke a tail light that's it. Lol. All they did was put Nitto tires on and un bolted the fenders which is easy to do on the new Bronco. It's like a transformer everything bolts on and off easily with hand tools. Their not pinch welded from the factory.
I’ve seen the video, I also bought all the hype before I canceled my Bronco order.

Ford has carefully crafted an image for the Bronco through drivers like Loren. They have paid a small fortune to perpetuate the image.

It is capable, that can’t be disputed. But, I think the initial new shine is wearing off and Ford will not be able to control the carefully crafted image they have tried to create for the Bronco.

I suspect this is the trickle before the flood of reviews that start to pop up saying that the Bronco is indeed limited by its suspension and steering components.

That’s ok. There’s a market for a vehicle that rides better than a Jeep on the street and will be used for lite to moderate trails. But after seeing some of the nightmares on the B6G forum I’m not sure if I’d ever want to be far from civilization in the Bronco without a lot of recovery gear and a chase vehicle.
Sponsored