Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure about that part?
Yer right: 392 gets 2.72:1 reduction, like the Select-Trac on Sahara. I just double checked.

But the other part remains true: 392 has full-time 4H, and selectable part-time 4H and 4L.
Sponsored

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Talk me out of spending more cash PLEASE ......
Boy, have you come to the wrooooong place. Practically all we do around here is enable and encourage each other to spend more cash...

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
If a brand-new Rubicon isn't enough to make you happy, then a brand-new 392 won't make you happy, either. You will want the next, newest, gnarliest, fanciest, etc. in no time.. The sooner we learn to say "What I have is awesome, and I am happy," and break the cycle of "Okay, what now?!" well, the happier we will be.
Exactly my thoughts, boys will be boys until they become older wiser men….. the 392 won’t be delivered that the 20A Rubicon will come out and guess what???

Nah, I’m just happy my Jeep is built the way I like and most of all with only 15k miles and paid for…. Next time I shop for a Jeep, it might, just ‘’might’’ be for the new generation 2028 or later.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Something wrong with me? I want to sell my 22 rubicon with 3000 miles, loaded up, to get the 392, Once I start thinking about it it's only a matter of time.. Talk me out of spending more cash PLEASE ......

IMG_1899.JPG
Nawwwwwww…aint NOTHING wrong with you. You made the mistake of sorting through all those 392 threads and got BIT! See…this is why I TRY to stay away from them!

I limit myself to one 392 thread a week. 🤨💯 Yeahhhh…aint gonna get me!!! 😩😠😅

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
…Now, I do also own a Challenger Hellcat Redeye (with 800 HP) and an '18 Charger Daytona 392, so I can get my V8 soul from those...That Cat sounds fantastic and an absolute hoot to drive as well…
69006107029__0F4F460E-9C9E-4EE2-A113-F308E251934F.jpeg
You need to STOP!!! 🥰😍🤤

rdfact

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURXR, '01 WJ
The Tazer JL Mini has a "Force RWD (392 only)" option.

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
Something wrong with me? I want to sell my 22 rubicon with 3000 miles, loaded up, to get the 392, Once I start thinking about it it's only a matter of time.. Talk me out of spending more cash PLEASE ......

IMG_1899.JPG
I've been struggling with the exact same dilemma, except that it's with my 2022 Willys with 3000 miles for a 392.

Two words: DO IT!!!!

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
Sounds like your one of those people who are never content with what you have. Gotta have the best and latest and greatest! What will you do next year when the 500 hp hurricane engine is available in the all new MY wrangler coming?......

BEACHED WHALE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Listen here chap. I had a 22 JLUR delivered in May. Traded in August for a 392. lost 5k (tax). I never had a big ticket item like a 392 before. That night I had buyers remorse for spending so much on an auto. Needless to say I drove for 3k. Enjoyed it a lot & sold it. I took another hit on that too. My 2 cents is drive the 392. If you LOVE it & have to have it then buy it. Its fun but you should know all electrical components are the same. You're making a lateral move other than the engine. I was dumb but temptation got the best of me. Im looking at a willy XR since I realized I most likley will never crawl up a rock. Good luck.

Sponsored

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
Nawwwwwww…aint NOTHING wrong with you. You made the mistake of sorting through all those 392 threads and got BIT! See…this is why I TRY to stay away from them!

I limit myself to one 392 thread a week. 🤨💯 Yeahhhh…aint gonna get me!!! 😩😠😅
Subarus are looking good lately.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Boy, have you come to the wrooooong place. Practically all we do around here is enable and encourage each other to spend more cash...
Naw— he came to precisely the right place for the support and agreement to justify getting what he wants and I will add mine to help reassure him. 😊

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Sounds like your one of those people who are never content with what you have. Gotta have the best and latest and greatest! What will you do next year when the 500 hp hurricane engine is available in the all new MY wrangler coming?......
Boost the Hemi. Even at low boost without changing the sh*tty pistons mid 600’s. 😁 Edit— when I did the research for my 15 GC, Whipple is 2 generations more advanced now. Or keep it NA with a 630HP Arrington 448.(only $20,800) 😉

Last edited:

Xspurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Juliet Lima
Looks like the AYES are winning so I'll be the angel on your other shoulder since that side hasn't been represented much.

Since it's too cumbersome to ask you questions, wait for answers, then ask more questions I'll just talk about things I've learned about myself over the years.

The older I get, the more I'm learning that these "must haves" and "life's dream" acquisitions don't bring the lasting enjoyment I thought they would. Most of the things I managed to get soon became "been there, done that, what's next" items which were then sold (at a loss, of course) and never missed. I especially have this issue with cars but I found that while I enjoy the hunt and the kill ... the field dressing, butchering and even eating it ends up being underwhelming for me.

So ask yourself if you are getting sucked in by the hype and spending too much time on this forum and youtube, or will you really, truly appreciate it for the long haul?

Maybe instead of putting all of your focus on the coolness of it (the sound, the power, the rumble, the status, the pride of ownership, the much slower wave that will also come with a dropped jaw), focus on the negatives too. A few were pointed out already but I'll say some that would gnaw at me after a while: all of that GAS ... and why does it have to be premium? A giant, 8 cylinder naturally aspirated engine should run on BEER if need be, why oh why does insult need to be added to injury in perpetuity? So you will get 10 to 12 miles a gallon with a bonus that each gallon will cost yet another 60 cents. Justify that all you want, if you were shedding money like that insurance commerical guy on the motorcycle, you'd already have one and not be asking strangers! How long are you going to keep it? That engine is stuffed in that tiny compartment so tightly, a gallon of water poured over the top would take an hour for the first drop to drip out of the bottom and a week for the last. Changing a $50 part will cost thousands because they will have to R&R the engine every time. There are other things too, my point is to pay as much attention to the negatives as you are the positives. In fact, I give negatives more weight lately since only the brave dare speak out on the internet against anything these days.

Hope that helped. Of course it's up to you but I'll ask this: have you ever acquired something at this level that you wanted this badly before? Assuming yes, do you still have it and appreciate it with zero regrets? If that is how you're wired, then maybe you should do it while you still can. Otherwise, I'd say don't do it.
Sponsored