jaymz

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Was the radiator damaged by a stone or other debris? A leaking radiator so early is kind of rare. Was your radiator covered under the warranty?

VERY good idea to replace BOTH batteries. I would replace both batteries every 3-4 years as preventive maintenance if I had ESS with the Aux 12V battery.
Nope. Tubes were leaking at the header. Never enough to actually hit the ground, but a substantial amount of buildup in the area.
Not covered under warranty. Dealer said 3/36 expired about 2 months previous.
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Nope. Tubes were leaking at the header. Never enough to actually hit the ground, but a substantial amount of buildup in the area.
Not covered under warranty. Dealer said 3/36 expired about 2 months previous.
So, if you drove it til the engine seized...covered under the warranty? The radiator isn't considered part of the "drivetrain"?
Jeep Wrangler JL I think there's something wrong with my Jeep whaaaat-say-what

OP
OP
jaymz

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
So, if you drove it til the engine seized...covered under the warranty? The radiator isn't considered part of the "drivetrain"?
Jeep Wrangler JL I think there's something wrong with my Jeep whaaaat-say-what
That’s what the dealership said. I completely disagree, but considering they were gonna have it at least a week before they even “diagnosed” it, then another week to bring it back in the shop to do the repair, I just decide to do it myself. Wasn’t worth arguing with them for $200 bucks.

Dbasiliere

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4Xe
My dad just got a new 4xe, drove it 1,500 miles, no issues. Runs great. I would guess most people have no issues. It's just the ones that do who always post online in forums trying to get resolution or just complain. Not saying people don't have legitimate gripes, just saying most people who post in forums have some kind of issue to resolve so it makes it look like everyone has issues.
I also have a new 4xe with 5600 miles. I have not had any problems (knock on wood) I also tried out the 4wd low on a class 4 trail here in northern Vermont. No problem with rocky outcrops dropping to 2 foot deep mud holes with knarly tree roots from washouts. It was fun to use it for it's designed purpose. I believe it would handle anything I would dare traverse, not having a winch or travel buddy and being miles away from civilization. (ha ha, I am an older guy with bad knees)
P.S. When going to the backwoods trails I save all the battery power for crawling as the torque is constant.
Sponsored