Sponsored

Something is wrong with me !!!!

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
Sell it.

If you're not happy, it'll eat you alive until you end-up doing it or regret it for the rest of your life.

I personally never understood the hype with the 392. Couldn't care less about the added power and sound. My Jeep makes a nice rumble and is geared to turn my 35s as easily as it turned the oem tires and that's what's important to me .Heck even if I liked the 392, the gas prices alone are a major turn-off and it's just going up and up from here.

If you're the type that can live and enjoy the moment, Do it !!! Maybe being older and wiser has me see life otherwise. I like to predict, prepare and be content with what I have. But mostly, mostly.... I know how fast a decade goes-by and our ICE vehicles will be worth next to nothing, especially those that cost more in gas;)
Agree except I'm thinking our ICE values will go up when the world realizes they were swindled by the EV craze being push on us by the powers that be..,
Sponsored

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
I could afford a 392, but it would stretch me way too thin, go college for 2 kids to worry about in 10 years. My 21 Sahara 6sp with nifty CF clutch has got to go at least that long! And off topic why is almost all the posters on here have an immaculate garage? I keep mine tidy but damn you could eat off the floor in most I see here!

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
And off topic why is almost all the posters on here have an immaculate garage? I keep mine tidy but damn you could eat off the floor in most I see here!
“A clean garage is a sign of an un-used garage”😁

I use my garage and am constantly in a battle with myself to keep it somewhat tidy and organized.
My friends always comment how organized I keep mine then I look at theirs and they typically look like the aftermath of a Boeing 737 cargo plane crash.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
I’m in the same boat. $5k miles and almost $15-$20k in upgrades and I want a 392. The idea of losing my ass in a trade in has prevented it

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
OP: in case it makes you feel any better, my lifted 2018 Sahara on 35s burns as much fuel as an out-of-tune 392 HEMI...but without the power...or the sound...

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Gray fully loaded four-doors are everywhere no loss. The only disadvantage it’s going to look exactly the same as the jeep you have now +$30k and the neighbors won’t know you got a new one.
At least wait for the XR package to return.

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
Same boat, just pull the trigger. You're going to want to do it and 392s are coming to end soon"ish"

bmwbutch

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
When thru the same deal. After getting my 21 ruby the way I wanted, got the hots for a 392. At the time it would have had to be ordered. Ending up talking my self out of it. Then the XR come out. If I had the 392, would have been wanting the the XR. Staying with what I've got. Happy with it and am getting on with age. Just don't need the power any more.

Sponsored

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
I ordered my 392 XR almost a year ago, and never looked back. What you have is nice, the 392 is nicer with more fun factors. But honestly I'm feeling the honeymoon is over for me. Mine is daily driver and I'll have small mods down the road but nothing too crazy. And I go to the gas station once a week.

There have been small issues with the 392 according to the folks over at the jeep392.com, not very common though, just keep that in mind. It drives cool but still may have FCA quality control issues.

In the end, the selling point is the power and sound. When I showed my 392 to my neighbor, he asked what I'm gonna do with all that power, I said I just like it.

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
I ordered my 392 XR almost a year ago, and never looked back. What you have is nice, the 392 is nicer with more fun factors. But honestly I'm feeling the honeymoon is over for me. Mine is daily driver and I'll have small mods down the road but nothing too crazy. And I go to the gas station once a week.

There have been small issues with the 392 according to the folks over at the jeep392.com, not very common though, just keep that in mind. It drives cool but still may have FCA quality control issues.

In the end, the selling point is the power and sound. When I showed my 392 to my neighbor, he asked what I'm gonna do with all that power, I said I just like it.
Well that's it for me, I wanted the power (don't care about the sound) - the V6 is nice but it's missing that "it" factor for me. The honeymoon ends on every new vehicle but I suspect this will be a longer marriage. Certainly not getting it for MPGs.

Last edited:

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
I am selling my 2022 Red Sahara, 4000 miles for a 2023 Reign Rubicon. I didn't order a Hardtop with the 2022. And the next day I tried to have a HT added, but it was too late. So I thought I will just buy and install a hard top on the 2022. WRONG, besides the cost of the top and freedom panel brackets, the wiring for the wiper and defroster is $350.00. Then since I am not mechanically inclined enough to install it myself, place want at least $2000 to install the wiring. The clock spring has to be replaced and others. I thought about just wiring it to the "aux" switches from the Tow package, but I said the hell with it. I am getting a Reign colored Jeep. Well they don't sell a 2023 Sahara with a manual transmission, so I upgraded to a Rubicon. My wife thinks I am crazy for selling the Sahara...

Last edited:

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Unless you can sell your Jeep privately for what you are looking to get out of it, I would hold off because trade values still suck. They will be better in the Spring time (I hope!). No idea where interest rates will be and I am sure insurance will probably go up too.

Other than that, yeah, obviously you should get the 392! I am living vicariously through all the 392 Jeepers while I enjoy my mpg's in my 2.0 lol.

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer
Something wrong with me? I want to sell my 22 rubicon with 3000 miles, loaded up, to get the 392, Once I start thinking about it it's only a matter of time.. Talk me out of spending more cash PLEASE ......

Jeep Wrangler JL Something is wrong with me !!!! giphy
I will help... I am getting 17-18mpg in my 392XR... I have owned a bunch (I really have a problem lol, new car every 6-18 months) of Wranglers. YOU WILL NOT REGRET THE 392!
Sponsored