Something is wrong with me !!!!

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
Gray fully loaded four-doors are everywhere no loss. The only disadvantage it’s going to look exactly the same as the jeep you have now +$30k and the neighbors won’t know you got a new one.
At least wait for the XR package to return.
Except, the minute he starts that bad boy up, they will know he has a new one LOL. My husband’s 392 is so effin loud on start up and thats without the exhaust fully opened!
Sponsored

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
I'll start by saying I owned a 2012 JKUR with an AEV installed 6.4 Hemi, so I knew the 392 JLUR would be a fantastic Jeep to drive.

I had purchased a '22 Ram TRX, and when picking it up from the dealer I told the salesman that I have worked with for years that I had almost bought a 392 instead and had had a hard time deciding which I wanted (TRX vs 392). Fast forward 3 months, and I'm out in the desert with the TRX, on a spirited trail ride. As I am crossing a mountain pass, and at the only place with cell service for 50 miles, my phone rings. It is the salesman I bought the TRX from telling me he has a 392 in, and the person that ordered it backed out of the deal. I already had a '21 JULR 2.0 T, so I told him I wasn't interested. A few minutes later I call him back and tell him I have 50 miles of dirt yet to go to get back to town, but that I'll be there in an hour to look at the 392. When they said they would give me $3K more for my JLUR than I had paid for it, I had no excuses anymore. I bought the 392.

I've owned Jeeps for 50 years, and the 392 is the best Jeep ever built. I am a Jeep man at heart, and the 392 is so much fun to drive that the TRX has become a garage queen since I bought the 392. In four months the 392 has accumulated 4000 miles, and the TRX has accumulated 400 miles. I am literally driving the 392 ten times as much as the TRX. The TRX should last forever.

If you want the 392 then get one while you still can. I've already lived a lot of my life, and the 392 is a once in a lifetime Jeep. If you can afford the 392 you can afford the gas.
Love this! You gotta do what makes YOU happy! Congrats to you and continue to enjoy that beast. My husband has absolutely no regrets getting rid of his ‘19 raptor for his 392 and the smile on his face when he heads to work every day is priceless!

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Love this! You gotta do what makes YOU happy! Congrats to you and continue to enjoy that beast. My husband has absolutely no regrets getting rid of his ‘19 raptor for his 392 and the smile on his face when he heads to work every day is priceless!
Pretty much describes my vehicle life with Jeeps and trucks. From stock 1980`s to building and swapping motors until 2015 Supercharged 3.6 (RiPP) move to 2018 Rubicon that spent more time at the dealer than in my driveway to trading that in for a twin turbo Ford Raptor, tuned and some things changed. Still love them but just too big for me right now, but I hear a Raptor Ranger is on the way

2021 comes along and I get a 392 Rubicon and love it, then....... wait there is going to be an XR Package??? Traded in 2021 392 Rubicon for a same year 392XR Rubicon
Absolutely the best decision I have made in the with over 25 plus Jeeps I have owned

BUT I learned a lot about turbos while owning the Raptor and more power comes at less of a cost.
So the new inline 6 with twin turbo`s has got my attention
Hurricane is what it`s called and if you want more power reliably that is the way to go

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I still debate the idea of a 392 with a Ursa Minor Top... But then, the $100k price tag to have it setup nicely. Probably more closer to $120k makes it not so appealing. At that point, a nicely setup 4x4 van seems more appealing being I would want to live in the thing.

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
No. You do not want a 392, going to a V-8 in an off road four wheel drive vehicle is counter productive. The best off road vehicles are straight fours and sixes. A straight six turbo is the bonus, not the over weight V-8 bs—

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
No. You do not want a 392, going to a V-8 in an off road four wheel drive vehicle is counter productive. The best off road vehicles are straight fours and sixes. A straight six turbo is the bonus, not the over weight V-8 bs—
Got me curious... 392 weighs 660 pounds and the HO Hurricane comes in at 441.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Something wrong with me? I want to sell my 22 rubicon with 3000 miles, loaded up, to get the 392, Once I start thinking about it it's only a matter of time.. Talk me out of spending more cash PLEASE ......

IMG_1899.JPG
Look, you just need to do this. It will chew on you like a rabid dog until you buy a 392 JL. You can't live without it for long. Think of all the pride, acceleration, and your buddies looking at it wishing they had one. Hell, think of your fellow man. You do this and singlehandedly boost the economy by a measureable amount. We are counting on you to help keep us out of recession. BUY! BUY! BUY!

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pretty much describes my vehicle life with Jeeps and trucks. From stock 1980`s to building and swapping motors until 2015 Supercharged 3.6 (RiPP) move to 2018 Rubicon that spent more time at the dealer than in my driveway to trading that in for a twin turbo Ford Raptor, tuned and some things changed. Still love them but just too big for me right now, but I hear a Raptor Ranger is on the way

2021 comes along and I get a 392 Rubicon and love it, then....... wait there is going to be an XR Package??? Traded in 2021 392 Rubicon for a same year 392XR Rubicon
Absolutely the best decision I have made in the with over 25 plus Jeeps I have owned

BUT I learned a lot about turbos while owning the Raptor and more power comes at less of a cost.
So the new inline 6 with twin turbo`s has got my attention
Hurricane is what it`s called and if you want more power reliably that is the way to go
Please just respect that there is probably at least one person has owned the best engine from one manufacturer or another, (props out to the Kabota driven Jeep)
If there was only one good engine then there would be one good truck and on and on
Remember the VW pickups?
To each his own is just my pinion
Everyone has a pinion or two....

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Something wrong with me? I want to sell my 22 rubicon with 3000 miles, loaded up, to get the 392, Once I start thinking about it it's only a matter of time.. Talk me out of spending more cash PLEASE ......

IMG_1899.JPG
I have traded up on average of every 3rd year since I first ordered a car in '78. Car lover and bought a '20 Glad, then traded it in on a '21, Jeep Wranglers: 94, 95, 97, 99, 2001, 2003, 2006.

GO FOR IT! But do not and NEVER pay all Cash for a new car, ever. Dealers do not like cash buyers and they will eat your lunch if you want to pay cash. They lose too much money.

TIP: Some dealers will reduce your price WAY WAY below Invoice, in fact, give you hold-back $ and dealer incentive $ to get you to buy on a HIGH % long-term note. This is usually by dealers who have in-house financing. I have done it and it had a 24% rate for 84 months. I made the first payment and then did a ReFinance at 3.75% with my credit union. I got calls from Sales guy Finance guy, Sales Mgr, and General Mgr telling me what a GREAT deal I had. Well I did I bought that car way way below invoice and got all the dealer money besides. LOL that dealer was PISSED big time and I told them when they called, I asked can I pay off early and everyone said YES, well I did, sorry bout that...

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amen to you. I have done it with a Toyota 4x4 SR5 Pickup, i`m not sure if the ink was even dry

Sponsored

BenderRodriguez

First Name
Bender
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JL392, 22 Yukon Denali, 18 F250, 17 Dutch Star
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Dev

IMG_1899.JPG
Let me build it for you!

Option 1, Dual Top Group:

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...SG,DFV,DME,Z1M,SDH,TXA,WGU,HD,AEN,XNY,UAQ,27X

Option 2, Sky One Touch & Dual Door Group

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...FV,DME,Z1M,SDH,TXA,WGU,HD,AJS,STJ,XNY,UAQ,27X

jeep.com is having trouble rendering that 2nd configuration for some reason.

JeepVet74

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG SLC43; 2022 392 XR
1. If you can afford it, yes.
2. If it will give you as much joy when you look at it in your driveway as it does me, then buy it (sometimes I can’t quit looking at him!)
YOLO 🙃

Jeep Wrangler JL Something is wrong with me !!!! 63E0F059-FB3D-4795-8595-B428B1D2F6D3

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
1. If you can afford it, yes.
2. If it will give you as much joy when you look at it in your driveway as it does me, then buy it (sometimes I can’t quit looking at him!)
YOLO 🙃

Jeep Wrangler JL Something is wrong with me !!!! 63E0F059-FB3D-4795-8595-B428B1D2F6D3
The words of a true Jeep owner !! My wife has gotten to the point where she will ask me what am I looking for or at.
She is a woman where they really relied on vehicles for just transportation but there are some built up depending where you are.
Now I get to drive the Grand Cherokee because she loves the Jeep, it was amazing to see the transformation from just being a gas and go woman to making suggestions and buying things she wants for a Jeep she is Proud to own

JeepVet74

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG SLC43; 2022 392 XR
The words of a true Jeep owner !! My wife has gotten to the point where she will ask me what am I looking for or at.
She is a woman where they really relied on vehicles for just transportation but there are some built up depending where you are.
Now I get to drive the Grand Cherokee because she loves the Jeep, it was amazing to see the transformation from just being a gas and go woman to making suggestions and buying things she wants for a Jeep she is Proud to own
She’s a keeper!

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
She definitely is and I imagine yous feels the same
Sponsored