Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Just an FYI to anyone who cares, I ended up ordering the Smitty x2o 10k synthetic. I was pretty set on the Superwinch EXP 10 Synthetic but then I saw the $492 shipped price of the smitty on northridge and I jumped on it. Had a $5 coupon code (personalized one so nothing to share here) and I figured $487 was a hell of a lot better than $1100-1300 of the Superwinch (At least for my needs). I ended up getting the winch, a winch plate and a set of rockhard sliders for the price of just the superwinch. Thats not to say I don't realize the better specifications of the superwinch but for how often I plan on using the winch, smitty should be just fine.

Ill still have that Warn sticker envy but other than that, im happy.
Sponsored

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all. Is 9500lb large enough? Thinking of Smittybilt 9500.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Hey all. Is 9500lb large enough? Thinking of Smittybilt 9500.
Large enough for what? Probably for anything you or I will ever handle. Chances are you’ll never use it. I had once chance to use it when I got stuck in mud. But there were no trees or anything else to pull off of. Luckily, another 4 wheeler came by and yanked me out with my snatch strap.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Wish Quadratec hadn't discontinued their 10K comp winch. Only problem with the Stealth IMO is the size. I've got an integrated solenoid Warn which is nicely packaged and very reliable, but the ones that you can remote are so much more convenient when it comes to packaging.
Luckily I have a friend that liked to buy Jeep parts and never install them. He bought a red 10K comp winch but never got around to installing it before he sold his LJ. I picked it up for $300.

31655649_10216503668404701_5242048331122737152_o-X3.jpg

Sponsored

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
I highly recommend our new Stealth series winch.
quadratec-q10000is-with-synthetic-winch-line-main.jpg
quadratec-q12000is-with-synthetic-winch-line-upclose-led-on.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/q-performance-stealth-winch

This comes with the synthetic or the wire rope.

This winch has a 4.9 HP series wound waterproof motor with wireless remote control, this winch also a removable clutch lever to prevent theft and amber LED winch spool light strip. Other key features include die cast finned aluminum solenoid housings that dissipate heat, class leading gear ratios for fast line speed, low current draw and either steel or synthetic line options — all topped off by a reassuring IP67 rating meaning the winch is fully waterproof and submersible. All Q-Performance winches include a limited lifetime warranty on mechanical parts and 1-year warranty on electrical components.

I personally run this winch on my Wrangler and it has worked great and it looks great as well!

We also offer a forum discount on this for forum members. For a discounted quote you can go about it 3 ways:

1) PM me with your first & last name, address, zip and the part numbers you would like to order. I'll reply back with a discounted quote if applicable. This takes 1-2 business days (or less) on average depending on PM volume.

2) E-mail my sales rep Rob at: [email protected] Tell him you're a Forum user and would like a discounted quote. He'll get that going for you. He typically responds within hours if it's Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Eastern.

3) Call my sales line at 1-800-745-2348. Tell them you're a Forum user and would like to place an order with your Forum discount. Their hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-Midnight, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm.

Whichever you prefer works for us.
Thank you and have a great day,
Hailey

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I installed the exact winch in the OP post. I installed it with a Maximus 3 winch plate and factory steel bumper. Install was smooth and pretty easy, everything lined up perfectly. I did have to use a mallet to hit the winch plate into place as it was a very tight fit. All in all, I would highly recommend it and with the additional money saved, you can buy some rock sliders or something. :)

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like JCR plates are back ordered. On Rubi Steele bumper what do you all recommend for Smittybilt XRC?

Sponsored

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Correction. JCR just informed that they will have ready to ship tomorrow for those of you that might be wondering. Sticking with JCR.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Looks like JCR plates are back ordered. On Rubi Steele bumper what do you all recommend for Smittybilt XRC?
In case I didnt mention it, I got a Rusty’s winch plate for the same price as the JCR a couple of months ago. Rusty’s and Warn are 1/4” steel as opposed to 3/16” for the JCR.

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
Smittybuilt X20 w/remote syn rope have warm steel on trail Jeep owned 5 warns first Smittybuilt like so far used 4 times so far no problems cost 1/3 of warm Zeon

14D1494A-2D62-4850-9DA3-C5F11FEF7A77.jpeg
Nice! Which mounting plate did you use? Thank you.