Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
This is in my 2021 392. My 2019 3.6 is the same way.
My 2021 had no issues. It was the first thing I noticed when I took delivery of it and after a little over 11k miles its still good.

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
I have noticed, there is very little "slop" in my steering. It feels like you can move it about an inch and it not move the Jeep. However, if you are running down the road and move it ever so slightly it does start moving in that direction. I think a lot of the differences in feel is due to the Jeep not being rack and pinion.

blackthought_

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU, 2005 Jeep TJ
I probably have an inch of slack when I turn the wheel and the Jeep actually starts turning lol

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
The shared how to video is full of good advice.
The steering box adjustment is easy once you get the loctite broken loose. You will need to apply heat to get the adjuster bolt started turning. I've been doing this on similar steering boxes for 40 years on many vehicles and never had any steering box failures. Just don't over do it. Small increments is best.

Once you find the point where the play is noticeably reduced while engine is static, test drive it. The steering wheel should not feel like it's dragging on its way back to center after a turn. If it is, you've over done it and you need to back the adjusting bolt up a bit.

I performed the adjustment on my 2019 JLUR with the replacement cast iron steering box. About 1/4 turn fixed the factory introduced play.

OP
OP

Ron Texas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rubicon
My 23 Rubican still has a slight pull to the right after 3 alignments. The numbers are all within spec, but toe in is minimal, maybe 1/32" after doing the math to convert degrees. I'm thinking about increasing toe in to around 1/8". Is that a waste of time or should I go for it? I most likely could do it DIY.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My 23 Rubican still has a slight pull to the right after 3 alignments. The numbers are all within spec, but toe in is minimal, maybe 1/32" after doing the math to convert degrees. I'm thinking about increasing toe in to around 1/8". Is that a waste of time or should I go for it? I most likely could do it DIY.
Do it…… it’s not irreversible if you don’t like it….