SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone found a quality engine/transmission skid for the 2 door yet (not one that needs to be modified to fit)? I keep looking but the only one I seem to find is the Westin, which looks more like a fashion accessory than a skid plate (maybe I'm wrong). I know Rockhard has a fully belly system but at $1,400 - $1,700 (for the aluminum version) it's just more than I want to spend and probably more than I need.
I just installed MORE's 2 door oil pan skid along with their transfer case and gas tank skid. Their stuff is reasonably priced and good quality.
jeep18-jpg.jpg

jeep22-jpg.jpg

jeep24-jpg.jpg

They also make it in Aluminum.
Sponsored

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
No vibes that I can tell. You can fit a ratchet between the plate and pan. I have read that oil changes can be messy. I may install an oil valve after my free oil changes are up

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Nice how we 2-door owners are expected to do the final 20% of R&D/fabrication that these companies can't be assed to bother with.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I've used tnt customs skids before and they're top notch and we'll made.

The 2 door isn't on their site but I contacted them through email and they can do it.

Sponsored

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
The Irony ! Considering that the 2 Door started the whole Jeep Genealogy...
It isn't the cash cow that runs Jeep now like the Unlimited is. This is just something that we will have to get used to and just be glad that Jeep is still making 2 door models.

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone found a quality engine/transmission skid for the 2 door yet (not one that needs to be modified to fit)? I keep looking but the only one I seem to find is the Westin, which looks more like a fashion accessory than a skid plate (maybe I'm wrong). I know Rockhard has a fully belly system but at $1,400 - $1,700 (for the aluminum version) it's just more than I want to spend and probably more than I need.
Here's the TnT Custom's aluminum engine skid for the 2 door. It bolted right up.

20190713_152505.jpg

20190713_152544.jpg

20190713_163343.jpg

20190713_163453.jpg

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Here's the TnT Custom's aluminum engine skid for the 2 door. It bolted right up.
Do you have a link? The page I found says it doesn't fit. What's going on?
  • 3/16 inch 6061 Raw Aluminum Plate
  • Strut Braces are Black Powdercoat Steel
  • Made in the USA!
  • Fits only 4 door unlimited

morricus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC Yukon XL, 2006 BMW M3
I don't have a 2 door, but do have the Westin skid plates. I wouldn't say they replace these $1700 belly systems (which for ME, is outrageous) but I've been offroad 4 times with them now and been very satisfied. They're low cost, but work just fine.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/westin-oil-pan-skid-plate-42-21095.31330/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/westin-transmission-skid-plate.34269/

maweber

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
  • Made in the USA!
Agree, more info please! I went here, and although the heading says JL/JLU, it aslo says in the subtext "Fits only 4 door unlimited."

Sponsored

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
  • Made in the USA!
https://www.tntcustoms.com/jeep_parts/jeep_jl_engine_skid_plate_aluminum_wrangler_jl_jlu

They changed the page so it says both JL and JLU, but didn't change the verbiage on the page.

I also requested they make the skid in 1/4" aluminum (there was a small upcharge for 1/4" versus 3/16")

I guess their focus is jeep stuff and not website updating. LOL.

I should add that when I ordered, I worked with the sales guy and did not order online since I requested they make the skid in 1/4".

Last edited:

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Dammit. They need to get in the ball with the turbos. That TnT skid is clean. I like it.

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
Really?
After all this time, no one gives a fat rats ass about 2 door drivers?
I got my Jeep last July after ordering in Feb.
I just thought I'd check to see about skid plates for my 2 door tonight,.....and if anyone was producing them, WITHOUT the Fu*king bolt heads sticking out to catch rocks, really guys, have you ever tried to get a fu*ked up bolt head off, how about recessing them like all other off road vehicles? Just a thought.
Are you shitting me?
A lot of these manufacturers are so friggin lazy we still have to continue to fabricate their products?

How about truth in advertising,...Like, "It kinda fits your 2 door JL, we're not entirely sure, you may have to cut the begeezus out of it first, but don't worry, cutting our product won't degredate the structural integrity in anyway, we promise". wink

Us 2 door folks need protection too, and not just from the concrete parking stops at the local malls or the occasional center meridian,.....
C'mon, I have had to fabricate most all of the mods I put on including the lift,...I'm getting too old and grumpy to keep this up,....
I thought for sure someone would have come up with a metal / aluminum skid that was perhaps skinned with thin UHMW, hmmm,...idea.

Geezus what lazy asses, put down your skinny latte and cell phone, she's not interested anyway, and get your skinny jeaned wearin' asses under a 2 door with a measuring tape and don't come out until you have logged all the necessary measurements for a proper fitment on our rigs.
For pete's sake,.......paying for a finished product used to mean something,....

OK, rant over, need to eat,...low blood sugar / high blood pressure,...
Sorry guys, long day

:)

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
Really?
After all this time, no one gives a fat rats ass about 2 door drivers?
That is correct, sir. It's even worse now that the Gladiator is out. All these companies are R&D'ing Gladiator parts now. Real Jeeps are once again an afterthought.

So, I have the EVO Engine/Tranny/Exhaust loop Skids. Other than having to cut up the engine skid to clear the fuel tank, they fit great. However, if you plan on running these, I would say the fumoto valve or similar is mandatory. I did my first oil change last night without the valve installed and boy what a shit show. Oil everywhere. Whomever designed the EVO oil escape hole should be canned. Luckily, I installed the fumoto valve and won't have to deal with that again.

One other thing about the EVO skids, it collects water. It just sits there with no way to escape. Part of the exhaust just bathes in the puddle. It needs some way to drain. I might be drilling holes in it soon. So, if you do frequent water crossings just be aware.
Sponsored