OP
OP
imapseudonym

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
These skids are holding up amazingly well and allow be to do things I definitely couldn’t before
Awesome to hear. We ordered our 3.5 inch Gamechanger and skid plate system last week. Got the full skid system with dif covers. We’ll see if we need to replace our dif covers with the metal cloak skids. Maybe you could comment on if you feel it’s necessary with their skid plate system

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Our club has a big trip to Hot Springs ORV park next month on Veterans Day weekend. Hoping I can order them and get them installed before then. I roughed things up a bit at Barnwell Mountain last weekend.

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Awesome to hear. We ordered our 3.5 inch Gamechanger and skid plate system last week. Got the full skid system with dif covers. We’ll see if we need to replace our dif covers with the metal cloak skids. Maybe you could comment on if you feel it’s necessary with their skid plate system
That’s awesome! I hope you told metalcloak we sent ya there!! Need to make sure we know where our reach is making it to. Definitely needs a motobilt front cover. The rear is pretty protected with the skid but I still feel better having the rear diff cover as well for only $100. It’s great insurance

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Our club has a big trip to Hot Springs ORV park next month on Veterans Day weekend. Hoping I can order them and get them installed before then. I roughed things up a bit at Barnwell Mountain last weekend.
Hot springs will rough them up way more than Barnwell for sure.

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Timely subject for me too. I just sold my TJ and have some $ to start and a belly pan is the most logical place to start.

I love the JL fun motor and hate the thought of piling up tonnage and slowing it down. Skidplates themselves are no concern, but bumpers, winches, BIG spare tire, rocker guards, on and on. It adds up and I'm watching.

So weight is a big consideration for me. I think all the skidplate systems appear to be pretty good. I lean Artec for the moment only because their net weight is only 70lb more for the metal pan and 10 for alum. That's pretty darn good and likely achieved because their system removes the stock tank skid vs the others which leave it there and cover it with their skid. Super duty stout and far easier to install but also heavier and you lose ground clearance.

I think alum is a good solution for those who occasionally wheel but not all that much and for sure not extreme. For those seeking out more daring trails and obstacles metal is the only choice.

But I think companys should offer a third choice. A hybrid of both. Metal center where it is the most likely to get hit and alum extensions outward. All the systems are modular and probably easy to do for them?? Screw up an alum skid bad enough, order that part or go metal next time.

The hybrid system is what I would likely order if it were available. I intend to wheel my rig but not likely anything crazy.

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Sales/Tech Support- Metalcloak
We have them in stock shipping within a few days of ordering, let us know and we can help accommodate to get them there in time for your trip!

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I’ve been debating on rock hard 4x4’s 1/4” aluminum belly pan. I probably won’t do insane off roading a la Kevin and Litebrite and don’t want the extra weight. I could see some jamborees and even a trip to moab or rubicon but maybe not the craziest obstacles they have to offer.

Was also planning aluminum bumpers from either rock hard or rock slide engineering. Might keep he rear steel since that one tends to get dropped on. Rock slide engineering will be my rock slides with their step sliders. 2” mopar and 35s.

Now I just need a 2019 to put them on.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

Sponsored

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
We have them in stock shipping within a few days of ordering, let us know and we can help accommodate to get them there in time for your trip!
Any specific deals for Forum members —pre Black Friday?:fingerscrossed:

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Sales/Tech Support- Metalcloak
Any specific deals for Forum members —pre Black Friday?:fingerscrossed:
If you give us a call and let us know you are from the forum we will see what we can do! We do not have a specific forum discount at this time.

-Jon
Sponsored