Hauk skid plates

GreatGreyOwl

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Any comments on Hauk vs Metal Cloak skid plates? Why are Hauk skid plates so much more expensive?
Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
im more eying the artec skid system, price wise all three are within the same range, the hauk price climbs with the painting and plastic skins

after a quick look at the hauk i don't like the bolts they are just handing there waiting to get clipped off, the metal cloak are nicer because they give you some washers to kind of counter sunk them but there is that random plate they stuck on the gas skid to give it a hang point plus the skid goes ontop of factory skid decreasing ground clearance

what i like about the artec is that plate is counter sunk so it makes is a very flat smooth belly, and the other thing i like is that the it replaces the factory gas skid completely and uses tank straps which will make handling the tank and skit much easier plus sucks up the tummy a little bit more

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
im more eying the artec skid system, price wise all three are within the same range, the hauk price climbs with the painting and plastic skins

after a quick look at the hauk i don't like the bolts they are just handing there waiting to get clipped off, the metal cloak are nicer because they give you some washers to kind of counter sunk them but there is that random plate they stuck on the gas skid to give it a hang point plus the skid goes ontop of factory skid decreasing ground clearance

what i like about the artec is that plate is counter sunk so it makes is a very flat smooth belly, and the other thing i like is that the it replaces the factory gas skid completely and uses tank straps which will make handling the tank and skit much easier plus sucks up the tummy a little bit more
I'm leaning artech too but they are more a PITA to install removing the tank. Still I think its worth it

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
I'm leaning artech too but they are more a PITA to install removing the tank. Still I think its worth it
agree with the tanks makes it more tricky but in the instructions they show a way to keep the tank up using ratchet straps
Sponsored