First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Army
Can you share your opinion? I am considering this one, rockhard and Artec.
I love them man. They’ve taken some serious hits and beating and haven’t skipped a beats. Just repainted then actually. The oil pan skid plate can be a pain when messing with the motor mounts, but everything lined up great. Instructions were spot on. I highly suggest them. I haven’t had experience with the rock hard or artec skids, but I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase and run the MORE skids again if I had to.

Sponsored

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Moab, Audi Q5, Porsche 911 Turbo, Ducati Hyperstrada
I just installed the oil pan / tranny skid. For those of you that have also installed this how tight did you get the motor mount bolts? I had a heck of a time trying to fit my torque wrench up there so never really got them torqued. I believe they are supposed to be 85 ft lbs.

I like the skid btw. It fit perfect, toughest part were those motor mount bolts.

sjl136

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Willys 2dr, ‘90 YJ, '22 4Runner
Anybody have issues with draining their oil yet through the M.O.R.E. skids? I plan to do my next oil change myself, but when the dealer did it (free oil change, couldn't pass up) they filled the oil pan skid up with the drained oil, and didn't let me know, as I drove around sharing oil with my local roads.

I'm also not thrilled with the fit of my oil pan/ transmission skid, and tried to shim it with washers, un-installed it, re-installed it, and the skid is still just about touching the oil pan. I've had the oil pan and t-case skids since July and wonder if they have improved the fit at all since. I will grab a picture and add it to this thread to see if any of you can weigh in on if it looks to be in a different position than where yours ended up. I want to add the gas tank skid to complete the package, but have been gun shy on ordering it.
Sponsored