Show off your DIY painted dash

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
I'm not good at that kind of stuff I would mess it up I'd find a way to LOL but I'm happy with it my white Jeep and the red dash I was so happy to get the red I really like the way the red stands out it's not a bright red it's a satin kind of low red evidently it's a hard paint code for people to find for some reason one guy said he couldn't find it I like it as unique it's different kind of color that's hard to match. But I understand why people want to change it be different I guess and take a color they like but I'm happy with one I have but it is cool the way people are doing it
now it's time to bring up a dead thread: I, too, have been searching for this paint, and after tons of research, I"ll share a few facts with you before revealing what I"ve found with relation to the paint code/color
1) I"ve read in several places that Redical has code JEL associated with it
2) JEL is the range rover "icelandic blue"
3) FCA uses a "year code" to precede the paint code, so JEL is actually EL, which is inferno red
4) I just ordered a 5 ounce can at $35 to see how close of a match it is
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Wow great post thanks had no idea that many were for sale on Amazon that's a good deal for some of them when you're considering you're getting the pieces and everything wonder how that red compares to the factory red it's putting them close
those reds are much brighter and the cover will become a projectile for your passenger

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
those reds are much brighter and the cover will become a projectile for your passenger
The red matches my exterior fairly well. Since the panel flips either up or down during airbag deployment, I'd think the thin stick-on panel wouldn't be projected directly at the passenger. If it were to detach, it would bounce off my soft-top or the passenger's knees. By the time it would hit the knees or top, the airbag would be in the passenger's face, protecting it from the panel.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show off your DIY painted dash 20200622_153956_LI

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
The red matches my exterior fairly well. Since the panel flips either up or down during airbag deployment, I'd think the thin stick-on panel wouldn't be projected directly at the passenger. If it were to detach, it would bounce off my soft-top or the passenger's knees. By the time it would hit the knees or top, the airbag would be in the passenger's face, protecting it from the panel.

The dash airbag splits open from the middle no?

Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
That red looks good when you have the firecracker red paint job .what color comes on the dash when you get a red Jeep ? Black ?
The stock color is a rusty red that clashes with the exterior

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

And you know this because you work in safety for FCA and have seen crash tests. If not, pretty big assumption to make when literally a life is in your hands and the liability that comes with making that assumption and it doesn’t go as planned in an unfortunate accident.

For those that havent been in an accident where airbags deployed it is no joke and unless I actually had facts I would not be spewing assumptions about a safety system unless you actually know what you are talking about.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I know, old thread, but...

This is a Gladiator, but the JL airbag is the same.
The freeze frame shows the passenger airbag cover splitting at the top third, forcing the bottom 2/3 of the cover over the grab bar. So anything small stowed behind the bar, or hanging below it, won't be ejected by the airbag.

Another shot...

Looks like it’s splits open, force is too powerful for some type of hinge.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
And you know this because you work in safety for FCA and have seen crash tests. If not, pretty big assumption to make when literally a life is in your hands and the liability that comes with making that assumption and it doesn’t go as planned in an unfortunate accident.

For those that havent been in an accident where airbags deployed it is no joke and unless I actually had facts I would not be spewing assumptions about a safety system unless you actually know what you are talking about.
Oh airbags can hurt you when they go off they save your life but they can hurt you I've seen a passenger with necklace on with the c for the school's name around her neck and the airbag put it indention on her chest like a tattoo more or less but red from the necklace hitting her chest so hard from the airbag oh I know I've seen it.I wouldn't do anything to mess with those airbags what happens when it was like well never seen that before that wasthe first time I seen that well what if that's the first time and it didn't save your life who knows and then they find out you did mess with airbag they could deny claim Insurance Company if it was to hurt somebody or kill them and you don't think so you might get a personal injury attorney to help fight but it will cost you money if they don't why mess with something if you don't have to paint yourself a bitch you can do plastic dip and if you don't like it you take it off

Jeepinjack66

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Sorry if someone already asked this. there are 10 pages to look though and im being a bit lazy :)Can someone share any info on getting the rubicon radical red color used on the dash? I wanted to paint some interior trim pieces. How would one go about this? thank you kindly.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Sorry if someone already asked this. there are 10 pages to look though and im being a bit lazy :)Can someone share any info on getting the rubicon radical red color used on the dash? I wanted to paint some interior trim pieces. How would one go about this? thank you kindly.
You might take the sample panel to a custom car shop or the best paint supply shop you can find. I don't think it will be easy to get a perfect match.

Another route is to buy some Dupli-Color Metalcast in red and just paint all the parts in the Jeep so they match, then put a thin layer of satin clear on it. Metalcast® Anodized Automotive Paint – Duplicolor

Birdsong

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wangler, 2021 Silverado Z71

Has anyone ever found these molded overlays in white?

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Here's my white dash painted using Bright White color matched DupliColor spray paint with a matt clear coat. I also used some satin black vinyl wrap on the silver speedo and tach trim rings.
Jeep Wrangler JL Show off your DIY painted dash jl white dash
Sponsored