Show off your DIY painted dash

jl_misfit

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
I originally wrapped my dash in olive drab. I loved the color but would not recommend a wrap unless you’re just testing a color before painting.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show off your DIY painted dash 47300934-E7EE-4D74-A31C-31744BDE9045

I spent 8+ hours wrapping the panels and they were damn near perfect. That lasted for about a year and a half til sun exposure made it fail and it started bubbling in multiple places. That added onto the fact that the airbag has to blow through the dash and the wrap… you get the point. I painted it. ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL Show off your DIY painted dash 459E6C89-C4BB-4CFD-9CB2-503309AA66EF
Sponsored

HammeredGold

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willy's Sport
Anybody know the part numbers for the panels? I think I would prefer to buy an extra set to paint in case I wasn't happy with the results. I don't want to use covers.

SBLACK502

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Just picked my panels up from the bodyshop. Best $112 ever spent. Can't wait to get them installed!

Jeep Wrangler JL Show off your DIY painted dash 459E6C89-C4BB-4CFD-9CB2-503309AA66EF
Probably a stupid question, but can you still drive without issues with the airbag being out? New cars and electronics are Finicky lol

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I think if you cycle the ignition on without the passenger airbag plugged in it will throw a code with a warning in the dash. Can you drive it like that? Probably, what you will have to do to reset the code, I don’t know. You “should” be able to reset it with a good scanner.
Gregj

Sponsored

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I noticed you've got the Mollie panels on the front doors I've got them on front and back doors and behind the front seats
Yeah I had a great experience with American Adventure Lab, awesome product. I got tired of the sagging nets. Is that who you went through for your MOLLE panels too?

So that is a decal on the steering wheel. I’ve had good luck with it staying on so far. It’s been about a year and it’s subjected to south Florida heat. That’s a bummer you didn’t have good luck with yours. I think I bought mine through Etsy.

I ended up using a degreaser, then rubbing alcohol on the emblem before application. I left the decal in the direct Sun to heat it up. So far so good.
Sponsored