Rock Krawler 2.5?

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
SO, Ive got a question. I just had the x-factor 2.5 LCA's installed along with the front and rear adjustable track bar. As I looked over the work that my shop did on the install I see something that concerns me. The rear adjustable track bar appears to be too long to allow for proper adjustments. Take a look at the photo that shows where the joint is in comparison to the bar.

I just read through your instructions and you don't even appear to offer the adjustable track bar for the 2.5" kit. BTW, Im using a Dyantrac 2" springs with Fox shocks and my added weight I'm probably not even at 2 inches.

The concern I have is that I kinda feel a little wobbly in the rear along with what feels like a bit of crab walk.

Did I receive the wrong part number? (this is what I ordered: RK06692)

How do I actually 'adjust' this if I cant move the joint in closer?

Overall Im really happy with the LCA's and the front adjustable track bar but this rear has me scratching my head.

-S

IMG_3268.JPG
I would measure it. Doesn’t look right. Did they use the relocation bracket?

Rear Track Bar (RK06692)
2.5” lift (w/ bracket) – 37 9/16” 3.5” lift (w/ bracket) – 37 13/16”
Sponsored

SSBattalion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
2" of a lift is not tall enough to really throw off your geometry. You may not need that trackbar at all.

Midwest22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
2" of a lift is not tall enough to really throw off your geometry. You may not need that trackbar at all.
Thats kinda what Im thinking as well. I drove it more today and it feels fine. Im just going to leave it. It will be good to have if I eventually decide to go to 3.5".

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Thats kinda what Im thinking as well. I drove it more today and it feels fine. Im just going to leave it. It will be good to have if I eventually decide to go to 3.5".
SO, Ive got a question. I just had the x-factor 2.5 LCA's installed along with the front and rear adjustable track bar. As I looked over the work that my shop did on the install I see something that concerns me. The rear adjustable track bar appears to be too long to allow for proper adjustments. Take a look at the photo that shows where the joint is in comparison to the bar.

I just read through your instructions and you don't even appear to offer the adjustable track bar for the 2.5" kit. BTW, Im using a Dyantrac 2" springs with Fox shocks and my added weight I'm probably not even at 2 inches.

The concern I have is that I kinda feel a little wobbly in the rear along with what feels like a bit of crab walk.

Did I receive the wrong part number? (this is what I ordered: RK06692)

How do I actually 'adjust' this if I cant move the joint in closer?

Overall Im really happy with the LCA's and the front adjustable track bar but this rear has me scratching my head.

-S

IMG_3268.JPG
For what you are doing you really do not need anything, but we recommend people start with our rear track bar relocation bracket for the 2-2.5" lift heights, then add the bar when you make the jump to 3.5" lift heights and above. That is the way our lineup is laid out and that is what we prefer to see.

Justin836

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unl
Hello,

I have some questions on my lift.. I installed the x-factor 2.5” lift on my Rubi running 37s. After install didn’t notice much difference in clearance in the rear in regards to the rear piece of plastic that covers up the body that sticks out. I’m running Kings for shocks. First trip out, tore the plastic right out from the tire being buried into it.

Recently my friend just did a Clayton 2.5” lift on his JL Rubi running same King shocks and 37s. Side by side measured last night from tire to fender front sits 1 3/4” higher, and 1 1/8” higher in the rear. Would that be normal? Or could I have possibly gotten the wrong springs sent to me? As it stands right now, I either need to get a bigger lift or run smaller tires (which isn’t going to happen...lol)

I will post some pics later tonight with both Jeeps.

Thanks I’m advance.

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Our 2.5" lift is nominal by the front lift height. The rear lift is less than 2.5 as the system is design to level the vehicle as well. Some rate them differently. That is the lowest lift height we have for the JL. Our 3.5 sit exactly 1" taller than the 2.5" coils.

The rear inside part of the fender piece that can be pulled out does protrude into the wheel well and 37's can rub on it without bump stops. Did you install our adjustable bump stop sets?

Justin836

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unl
Appreciate the fast reply. I just spoke to my installer and he did install bump stops. What would it take to upgrade the springs to the larger ones?

As far as the plastic goes, yes I’m aware of it being removable, the tires removed it for me on my first trip off road. My concern is now hitting the tire on the body panel that the plastic was covering. I don’t want it to puncture a tire.

Other then that, I’m happy with the ride quality of the lift and King set up.

Thank you in advance!

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
All you have to do is a coil swap, then a slight adjustment on the components you have and you are good to go! But, your up stop is your up stop so if you are having contact we would recommend adjusting your bump stops accordingly. That is regardless of lift height.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate the fast reply. I just spoke to my installer and he did install bump stops. What would it take to upgrade the springs to the larger ones?

As far as the plastic goes, yes I’m aware of it being removable, the tires removed it for me on my first trip off road. My concern is now hitting the tire on the body panel that the plastic was covering. I don’t want it to puncture a tire.

Other then that, I’m happy with the ride quality of the lift and King set up.

Thank you in advance!
BTW, we are happy you like that ride. Ride quality and handling is our #1 priority. Have a Happy New Year.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Oh, I had no idea that the cut in the bracket was also for clearance issues at droop. Hmmm. I've got a 2" lift, so nothing too crazy. Do you think that I will have clearance issues with the brackets? I would really rather not cut them.
I have the RK 2.5" lift with their basic TT shocks with 28" extended length. I did some forklift testing, but stayed about 3" short of full flex with 2 bumpstops in front and 3 in rear....the RK lower arm hit the bracket. Also did 2 hours of light offroading and heard it bottom out. I prefer to not flip the lca bc it would be angling down reducing clearance. Considering grinding about a half inch semi circle into it to allow more clearance and getting a 90 degree grease fitting.
E5MhiL2.jpg

Sponsored

California Guy

First Name
California
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employed
I have the RK 2.5" lift with their basic TT shocks with 28" extended length. I did some forklift testing, but stayed about 3" short of full flex with 2 bumpstops in front and 3 in rear....the RK lower arm hit the bracket. Also did 2 hours of light offroading and heard it bottom out. I prefer to not flip the lca bc it would be angling down reducing clearance. Considering grinding about a half inch semi circle into it to allow more clearance and getting a 90 degree grease fitting.
E5MhiL2.jpg

I actually did the circle cut they recommend and it was very easy. Little bit of cutting oil and a new hole saw. I then painted it black to prevent rust. Looks like factory.

California Guy

First Name
California
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employed
I used a Diablo 2 1/4 inch hole saw bit with a center drill bit to keep it in place. It worked fantastic and was much easier than it sounds.

If you look closely at the area that needs to be cut, you’ll see some wording stamped on it. Below the wordind you’ll notice a diamond stamped into the metal as well. I placed the center bit on the very bottom point of the diamond and began drilling.

A 2 inch hole saw bit would work well too. This would allow room for error when cutting so that you don’t cut into the side walls.

image.jpg

image.jpg

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
How long are the shocks in your kit @California Guy? I was going to skip the hole and just use a 90° fitting and still might unless I run into the same deal.

How do you like the tt shock?

California Guy

First Name
California
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employed
How long are the shocks in your kit @California Guy? I was going to skip the hole and just use a 90° fitting and still might unless I run into the same deal.

How do you like the tt shock?
I didn’t purchase the shocks. I purchased the Evo shock extensions and reused the factory Rubicon shocks.

I wanted to give the springs a fair comparison to stock. They are slightly stiffer than my stock springs, I would say they are 10-20% stiffer. I will be swapping into kings later in the year. I need to order wheels and tires first.

With the 90 degree fitting it’s going to be a tight fit. I would suggest just cutting the bracket. It’s not a big deal and very easy to do.
Sponsored