Rock Krawler 2.5?

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2 Door, 2008 JK Sport 2 Door
Anybody install any of their JL 2.5 Lifts yet? Trying to plan my 2 door build while I wait 4 eternities for my 2 door to be build but am likey going in direction of RK for the lift. I know their JK and previous lifts were great but wanted to get some reviews on the JL ones. Thanks
Sponsored

Jeepnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma pro
Anybody install any of their JL 2.5 Lifts yet? Trying to plan my 2 door build while I wait 4 eternities for my 2 door to be build but am likey going in direction of RK for the lift. I know their JK and previous lifts were great but wanted to get some reviews on the JL ones. Thanks
I have one on order should arrive then end of the month
I don’t think they have shipped any yet expect cross vendors

OP
OP
Jergs

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah I saw them on sale, but didn't know they haven't been fulfilled yet.
I have one on order should arrive then end of the month
I don’t think they have shipped any yet expect cross vendors
Ah that could explain it. I saw them on sale but didn't know they haven't fulfilled them yet.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Are y'all gonna run the RK shocks? I want to run the 2.5 kit too, but don't know if the shocks are any good?

OP
OP
Jergs

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are y'all gonna run the RK shocks? I want to run the 2.5 kit too, but don't know if the shocks are any good?
As of now I was planning on going with Bilsteins because many of the features like the rebuildability of the RK shocks and Ive heard bilsteins are well mannered on the road, where my DD JL will spend most of its time. But I haven’t looked into it too much and done enough research to make a definite decision.

Sponsored

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Does bilstein have shocks out yet? I know Fox does, but are only avail with the Mopar lift...for whatever reason.
I thought about just getting some shock ext and running until some more options come out.

Jeepnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma pro
I ran them on my Jku on 37’s and loved them
Also ran them on my yj and great experience as well
I’m currently debating waiting for them to come out approx 60 Days
Or might order radflo or Kings

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I ordered from RK directly as soon as their price was on the web site. I had to phone my order in. I think that was two weeks ago. They told me they would be shipping around the end of the month. I’m hoping to get mine before the Jeepapalooza event on the May long weekend.

OP
OP
Jergs

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does bilstein have shocks out yet? I know Fox does, but are only avail with the Mopar lift...for whatever reason.
I thought about just getting some shock ext and running until some more options come out.
My understanding (again not an expert by any means so someone feel free to correct me if Im wrong) that there would be no difference between the Bilstein shocks for the JK and the JL except maybe for length which RK usually gives recomended collapsed and extended shock length for you to choose your own shocks if you want. Im not aware of the shock lengths of the stock JL to be different then the JK so unless the lift is netting a different height, there would be no difference between the JK and JL shock choices.

OP
OP
Jergs

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered from RK directly as soon as their price was on the web site. I had to phone my order in. I think that was two weeks ago. They told me they would be shipping around the end of the month. I’m hoping to get mine before the Jeepapalooza event on the May long weekend.
Let us know know how the install ride and articulation are. Which exact one did you go with and RK shocks?

Sponsored

Jeepnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma pro
As did I
I think it was 4/5

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Let us know know how the install ride and articulation are. Which exact one did you go with and RK shocks?
Sure, although I will probably not be the first since it has to go through the border to Canada. I ordered th 2.5” x-factor. I currently have the mopar lift so I was going to just keep those Fox shocks until RK recommends something. I have no idea the size of my current fox shocks until I take one off to measure it.

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
My understanding (again not an expert by any means so someone feel free to correct me if Im wrong) that there would be no difference between the Bilstein shocks for the JK and the JL except maybe for length which RK usually gives recomended collapsed and extended shock length for you to choose your own shocks if you want. Im not aware of the shock lengths of the stock JL to be different then the JK so unless the lift is netting a different height, there would be no difference between the JK and JL shock choices.
The RK thread in the Vendor section was actually discussing shock info today for their kits. You might check it out if you haven’t already.

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Mine should arrive in about 1 1/2 week’s....
Sponsored