First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Good looking jeep...I have a similar setup and know of a few people on here who offroad and daily drive jlur's that regretted going from 35s to 37s and sold them at a sizeable loss to go back to 35s. It's not cool to admit in this thread, so you won't find them posting here. Their reasons were...37s made the jeep noticeably more sluggish during braking, acceleration, offroad down low power, lost top gearing on the hwy. They were going to spend another $3k on regearing/spare tire carrier and could run 90% of the trails on 35s that they were doing on 37s. All things considered, it wasn't worth the total cost to gain 1" of clearance with 37s.

I have a 6 speed, rubi axles/fenders on 315/70/17 KO2's and would eventually like more agressive, lighter weight 37s bc I bought a used honda accord daily driver and enjoy wheeling(like load d Yokohama G003 or km3)for another inch of clearance and to fill the fender gap. However, it's realistically going to cost $5k going to 37s bc I'd want to regear, upgrade tire carrier, get wheels with less backspacing + cost of 37" tires. I'd also be very tempted to get the AAL fender chop kit and upgrade tie rod/draglink. I'm still very tempted if I could somehow find a deal on used 37's and sell my ko2's.:CWL:
lFQ8ith.jpg
Naq41rO.jpg

O0hbIPi.jpg
YA0R1Cv.jpg
This must be a "sport" problem because I don't know anyone with a Rubicon who has said this. Also when I went from 37s to 38s I sold my 37s for what I paid for them but then again they were milestar Patagonias and that's the hottest tire on the market. I didn't regear until I went 38s. 37s and 4.10 are fine. Enjoy your Jeep it's nice.
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
This must be a "sport" problem because I don't know anyone with a Rubicon who has said this. Also when I went from 37s to 38s I sold my 37s for what I paid for them but then again they were milestar Patagonias and that's the hottest tire on the market. I didn't regear until I went 38s. 37s and 4.10 are fine. Enjoy your Jeep it's nice.
These are people with jlur's.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
JLUR here and yes, I have some 37 regret. My Wrangler is now slower, less fuel efficient, takes longer to stop, and often rubs on my rear inner fender (no lift)

Of course my regret is 100% OFFSET by the pure badassery of my ride, which more than makes up for the occasional twinge of unpleasant feelings I may have from time to time. I would never go back to stock 33s...

g00nda

First Name
g00nda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
JLUR here and yes, I have some 37 regret. My Wrangler is now slower, less fuel efficient, takes longer to stop, and often rubs on my rear inner fender (no lift)

Of course my regret is 100% OFFSET by the pure badassery of my ride, which more than makes up for the occasional twinge of unpleasant feelings I may have from time to time. I would never go back to stock 33s...
Do you run 37's on stock wheels? Is the rubbing due to no lift? Are you using spacers? Can you share pics of your jeep?

Sponsored

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Do you run 37's on stock wheels? Is the rubbing due to no lift? Are you using spacers? Can you share pics of your jeep?
I’d say 37s will definitely rub bad without lift in any off road situation. I have higher bs wheels, 2.5 inch rough country, 37s and my tires rub the fender liners when off roading. Not real bad but they do.
And I don’t regret 37s. 3.6 8 speed JLUR.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
37s, no matter the wheel combo will likely rub on the rear inner fender of an otherwise Rubicon, especially with passengers on board. This is on the road. I can only imagine how bad it would be off road! Absolutely the rubbing is due to no lift and/ or no modification the inner fender material. There are threads how to do these inner fender mods, but I've been too lazy and gives my wife an audible reminder of how badly I need a lift, lol!

There is also a whole thread out there of guys wheeling on 37s and no lift. I think they're nuts, but they're a dedicated bunch and more power to them. Me, I'm saving up for a 2.5in Metalcloak lift.

Still, at the end of the day, only regrets for lack of a lift and 37's, not the 37s themselves.

side2 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d say 37s will definitely rub bad without lift in any off road situation. I have higher bs wheels, 2.5 inch rough country, 37s and my tires rub the fender liners when off roading. Not real bad but they do.
And I don’t regret 37s. 3.6 8 speed JLUR.
I've now rubbed my rear liners so bad that my tires have ground all the way through them in some areas!

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
upload_2019-12-22_15-40-15.jpeg

I like mine. Auto tranny just takes a bit longer to shift of course. Any of you unplug the battery or anything to reset so the tranny can learn the setup to shift better?

Sponsored

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
upload_2019-12-22_15-40-15.jpeg

I like mine. Auto tranny just takes a bit longer to shift of course. Any of you unplug the battery or anything to reset so the tranny can learn the setup to shift better?
Get a tazer programmer if you don’t have one. Then you can set the tire size in there and it will correct shift points. Can also lower tpms threshold among many other features. Well worth the $300

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Get a tazer programmer if you don’t have one. Then you can set the tire size in there and it will correct shift points. Can also lower tpms threshold among many other features. Well worth the $300
tazer doesn’t do anything with shift points tho, just corrects mph

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Is the Tazer a one-use only thingie to reprogram the system? if yes, do we ALL need to buy one or can we just share some? :)

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Have both?

Wish i had a rubi soi could run some 37s. Eventually id like to grab some take off axles and make the jump. May only use the 37s for off road days and 35s or 33s for DD.

you could keep your stock 33s for DD duty and throw on the 37s when you go hit the trails. If its not a dd rig then just leave em on and enjoy. Worth the capability and looks alone, mpg be damned!
Sponsored