Sponsored

Regret 37s?

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Damn that's a nice looking ride!
So I have a 3.5 in MC lift and am running 35 in tires.
I am definitely going to regear and move to 37 in tires as soon as I use the current ones up. I feel that its a moral imperative haha:)

Jp2.jpg

Jp.jpg
Appreciate it!

Regear or not... you'll enjoy the 37's :rock:
Sponsored

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Well unfortunately I have to regear. Mine isn't a rubicon so I'll tear up my transmission if I don't but it will be worth it I'm sure.
I'll prob gear it in the next year or two. But it does drive great. I remember my JKU on 35" Toyos… felt more sketchy and rough than my JLU on 37's by a long shot

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
I'll prob gear it in the next year or two. But it does drive great. I remember my JKU on 35" Toyos… felt more sketchy and rough than my JLU on 37's by a long shot
Yeah the rubicon comes already pregeared for a larger tire so your can definitely get away with 37's better than my sport.

sduphily

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Manual Rubi w/ 37s.

It’s fine in the flats. You’ll have to downshift in steep climbs. If it wasn’t for off-roading, I wouldn’t regear. But, it’s pretty gutless below 10 mph in 4H. I’m pretty sure I’m
going to regear. Drives fine at 75.... rarely do I use 6th anymore.
This is the kind of info I was looking for. Currently rolling in a JKU Sport with the 3.73/35"/6spd and this sounds like what I deal with now.

I test drove a few JLUs yesterday, one with 3.73/35"/8spd and it drove decent, but seemed like it would be about the same. Makes sense since it's the same engine and there's only so much the powerplant can do at a certain ratio.

I will be purchasing a JLUR, but was contemplating the 6spd or not...I really dont want to lose it. I guess the 4.10/37" would be similar to the 3.73/35".

I guess my curiosity is whether or not anyone has tried putting something larger with the 2.0L. I test drove one of those and boy, did it get up and go. The dealer said they wouldn't put anything larger than stock on those...they thought it would be a dog. I know they aren't putting it into the JT due to towing specs, but just wondering if anyone has tried it at all.

Sponsored

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
This is the kind of info I was looking for. Currently rolling in a JKU Sport with the 3.73/35"/6spd and this sounds like what I deal with now.

I test drove a few JLUs yesterday, one with 3.73/35"/8spd and it drove decent, but seemed like it would be about the same. Makes sense since it's the same engine and there's only so much the powerplant can do at a certain ratio.

I will be purchasing a JLUR, but was contemplating the 6spd or not...I really dont want to lose it. I guess the 4.10/37" would be similar to the 3.73/35".

I guess my curiosity is whether or not anyone has tried putting something larger with the 2.0L. I test drove one of those and boy, did it get up and go. The dealer said they wouldn't put anything larger than stock on those...they thought it would be a dog. I know they aren't putting it into the JT due to towing specs, but just wondering if anyone has tried it at all.
I have 37's on a JLR with 2.0T. No issues or regrets at all. Great performance, good shift points. MPG is around 17 with realtively heavy 13.5 wide M/T's, about what I expected. I have really good low-end torque, see 8th gear quite a bit on the highways at 65 mph, and more speed than I care to test. Everything I ask of it and more.

sduphily

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have 37's on a JLR with 2.0T. No issues or regrets at all. Great performance, good shift points. MPG is around 17 with realtively heavy 13.5 wide M/T's, about what I expected. I have really good low-end torque, see 8th gear quite a bit on the highways at 65 mph, and more speed than I care to test. Everything I ask of it and more.
Yeah...I found the other thread in the 2.0L forum after i posted this. Verrrryyy interesting.
I need to see if there is a dealer nearby (within 50 miles) that may have at least the 2.0L on 35's...I dont see any of them doing 37's on the lot.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
So after 173 posts what I learned is that no one who has 37s regret them but some who had 35s did and went to 37s and are now happy, sounds good to me.
True. That said, clearly this thread has been interpreted by many as asking who regrets 37s as too large. But does anyone out there regret their 37s as too small? Do you wish you had gotten 38s, or perhaps even larger? If so, would also love to hear those opinions as well!

Last edited:

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Damn that's a nice looking ride!
So I have a 3.5 in MC lift and am running 35 in tires.
I am definitely going to regear and move to 37 in tires as soon as I use the current ones up. I feel that its a moral imperative haha:)

jp2-jpg.jpg

jp-jpg.jpg
Nice looking Jeep! What's on your sliders... are those Rubicion sliders + something? Or aftermarket?

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
Nice looking Jeep! What's on your sliders... are those Rubicion sliders + something? Or aftermarket?
Hey thanks man, I'm running Hauk sliders. Unfortunately Hauk doesn't make the attachable step rail for them yet but I will be buying those too as soon as they offer them.

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
True. That said, clearly this thread has been interpreted as who might regret 37s as too large. But does anyone out there regret their 37s as too small? Do you wish you had gotten 38s or larger perhaps? If so, would also love to hear those opinions as well!
Not me. 37s w/ 2.5” lift looks perfect, to me. Drives good, wheels good. Good, good, good.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
Do 37s require a stubby to flex like this without rubbing the front bumper? Anyone running a full width bumper without rubbing while articulating the suspension?

Mopar lift with 37’s and I couldn’t be happier.

2650D148-8763-4942-BF13-D1D25D7E7A40.jpeg

FF646ABB-6972-4850-ABC6-8E0190ADE156.jpeg

86A33E4B-990C-440E-BCF9-6B52861131A0.jpeg

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
Do 37s require a stubby to flex like this without rubbing the front bumper? Anyone running a full width bumper without rubbing while articulating the suspension?
How big is your lift?
Sponsored