Regret 37s?

Beardedgator

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL RUBICON
so I’m back in forth on whether I want 35s or 37s for my JL rubicon... everyone is telling me to go with 35s on my first Jeep..

Yet I haven’t found one person on the site that regrets 37s.. but I see daily where someone gets 35s and wishes they were 37s

So... anyone regret their 37s?
Sponsored

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with you. I sold a 2015 JKUR with 35's and have a JLUR on order. I'm debating the 35 vs 37 right now. I plan on installing the Rock Slide Engineering electric drop down steps for the family. They drop down 12 inches from the rock rails.

The question is do I need a lift to run 37's as I've seen a lot of talk that an out of the box Rubicon can run 35's with little issues. The issue is with a 2 inch Mopar lift and 37's will the family (height challenged) be able to make the step into the Jeep or should I stick with 35's.

The 35's on the JLUR were awesome and I think I could be happy with them again, but given that the price diff isn't that great I keep telling myself "just get the 37's"

OP
OP

Beardedgator

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL RUBICON
I'm with you. I sold a 2015 JKUR with 35's and have a JLUR on order. I'm debating the 35 vs 37 right now. I plan on installing the Rock Slide Engineering electric drop down steps for the family. They drop down 12 inches from the rock rails.

The question is do I need a lift to run 37's as I've seen a lot of talk that an out of the box Rubicon can run 35's with little issues. The issue is with a 2 inch Mopar lift and 37's will the family (height challenged) be able to make the step into the Jeep or should I stick with 35's.

The 35's on the JLUR were awesome and I think I could be happy with them again, but given that the price diff isn't that great I keep telling myself "just get the 37's"
Hell I’ve seen deals where I would save money on tires by going with 37s

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
While I have wrenched my fair share of Jeeps, I have never messed with gearing. The move to 37's only concerns me with 1) family issues related to height and 2) hit on MPG and performance on a mix of highway, city, and off-road.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
I plan on going with 35s once my JLUR is delivered for the reasons Bob mentioned. Also, with 35s (and perhaps a not-too-aggressive lift) you won't have any rubbing. (Take that for what it's worth (not much) as I'm still on the learning curve.)

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
If you’re asking the question to yourself, you already know the answer. You will regret 35’s long before you will ever regret 37’s on a JLR.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had 37's on my JKR and it was a beast rock climbing. I felt like I was on a ticking time bomb however, 37's presented some considerations to components that I wasn't ready to tackle. I had already made up my mind to stick with 35's then I traded for the JLUR. Still, I didn't want to run right out and go bonkers with a lift to accommodate the 37's so I traded for some 35's to get me by. I'm still running the stockers when not off-road. That said, frame mounted rock sliders are installed and a full underbelly skid plate system is getting delivered tomorrow. Gonna rock the low COG for awhile. 37's with a 2.5" lift look absolutely sick on the JLU though.

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Height considerations aside. Here are my real 37" questions/concerns:

1) Will a Mopar 2" lift allow for 37's? (assume no wild off-road situations)

2) What backspace on the wheels would I need to avoid any rubbing problems? (assume 17 x 9 unless 18 x 9's would work)

3) Are there gearing and/or axle ramifications that I need to consider? If 37's require re-gearing to get the best MPG and around town/highway performance, then I'm out....

Sponsored

OP
OP

Beardedgator

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL RUBICON
I only regret not going with a D Load rated 37"

The E-Rated 37x13.50r17 I have are a little rough on road even at lower pressures.
Yep if I go 37.. won’t be going with Es

Thinking of going with a set of 37, picking up some inexpensive wheels, going with a RC budget boost

And then a few years down the road going with mopar or something equivalent

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
... I'm debating the 35 vs 37 right now. I plan on installing the Rock Slide Engineering electric drop down steps for the family. They drop down 12 inches from the rock rails.
The Rock Slide is what my wife wants me to install, she is height challenged.

If you’re asking the question to yourself, you already know the answer. You will regret 35’s long before you will ever regret 37’s on a JLR.
I agree with this. I decided 37's on a JLUR are a great fit, I would not make the same decision on a JK...

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The Rock Slide is what my wife wants me to install, she is height challenged.

I agree with this. I decided 37's on a JLUR are a great fit, I would not make the same decision on a JK...
Did you do a lift to make the 37's work? If yes, what kit and what wheels?

Tgpj83

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Does anyone here have the mopar lift with 35’s and park in the garage at home? I’m thinking it’ll fit but was wondering if anyone knows for sure.