Regret 37s?

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
Thanks for the info. Hate to hear it’s lacking in low speed 4H but I doubt it will make much of a difference between 35s and 37s. I would love to go with 37s but I really don’t want to regear. First world problems :facepalm:
What a great problem to have!
Sponsored

pittperson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
How tall is the JLUR with 37s and the 2" lift? Need to make sure it still fits in the garage!

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
How tall is the JLUR with 37s and the 2" lift? Need to make sure it still fits in the garage!
I thought I saw someone say 69" or 70" and they roll into a normal house hold garage with 2"+ to spare.

I'll be doing Mopar 2" with 37's so my concern was the same. Hope it all works out lol

Someone post up if you know the height to make sure I'm not wrong though

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
This thread has been a great read. I am planning on a JLR in the coming months. It will be my first Jeep ever, and I can’t wait! But I have to since I’m deploying soon, plus a couple other reasons... What I am noticing is the majority have the JLU (some have added the S or R, which helps) with some of them having issues. I haven’t seen many 2 door owners in these conversations, so are they not putting 37’s on theirs, not being bought too much, or not having issues?

My thought is the 2 door isn’t having the issues as much because they are lighter. The auto isn’t moving as much mass, so 8th is running normal. I could be wrong, but that is my thoughts. I have a 2011 F-150 FX4 SCREW, lifted 6” w/35s on 20s. She is 3.73 gears and I have no issues getting her going. I run less than 1,700RPMs at a cruise of 70MPH. My truck is much heavier, and the 5.0, but that has similar HP/TRQ as the 3.6 on the lighter JLR.... so I’m pretty sure the 4.10s will roll the 37s just fine. Anyone help me identify flaws in my logic please?
I think the main reason why 2 doors haven't been chiming in is because not nearly as many 2 doors are sold as 4 doors. I am considering 35s or 37s for my 2 door Rubi down the road (probably with the 2" Mopar lift). From the pictures I've seen, 37s look better than 35s on 4 doors, but I am not as convinced 37s look better than 35s on 2 doors, but the available pictures aren't as plentiful for 2 doors. For my own purposes, my 2 door will share time on the road with another vehicle for me, I drive about 20k-25k miles a year, so my 2 door won't necessarily be a "daily" driver, it will still get 10k or more miles a year. I also want to avoid re-gearing, and I think moving to 37s the more likely other problems may develop (or the chance to upgrade other components).

Another consideration for me is the tires sticking out past the fenders. I could be wrong, but it seems the taller the tire, the more likely to stick out beyond the fender (for clearance and/or cosmetic issues). I live in Pennsylvania, and you can fail inspection for that. Not sure how often its enforced. Again, I probably won't be making the decision for a year or two, so there will be more data available when I do make it.

TexasChick

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
LVT
I thought I saw someone say 69" or 70" and they roll into a normal house hold garage with 2"+ to spare.

I'll be doing Mopar 2" with 37's so my concern was the same. Hope it all works out lol

Someone post up if you know the height to make sure I'm not wrong though
I have a JLUR (with a hard top) that has a 2" Mopar lift and 37" cooper stt pros. The total height of my jeep is 77". My garage (standard) height is 81" so i have 4" to spare.

Sponsored

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JLUR (with a hard top) that has a 2" Mopar lift and 37" cooper stt pros. The total height of my jeep is 77". My garage (standard) height is 81" so i have 4" to spare.
Awesome, thanks for the reply

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Curious if anyone with 37s (ideally ridge grapplers), 2.5" lift (RK) and soft top could measure the height of their rig.

Trying to figure out if I'll run into garage issues.

Thanks

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Curious if anyone with 37s (ideally ridge grapplers), 2.5" lift (RK) and soft top could measure the height of their rig.

Thanks
37’s should go on tomorrow. I have a soft top so I’ll meaure for you.
Although the they’ll be stt pro’s and Mopar lift

JeepJets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
I have only 8k miles on my JLUR. Trying to convince wifey to let me spend the coin on 5 new 37in tires. What is everyone doing with the stock ones if they still have plenty of tread?

Coopdeville

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL

Thanks
I have Cooper stt pro 37’s and JKS 2.5” lift and I’m right about 76.25”

Sponsored

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Dont forget your :
Six pack shocks
Catch can
Spartain sticker
Hi-lift jack

In your “this is my first jeep” starter pack fellas...

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
I have only 8k miles on my JLUR. Trying to convince wifey to let me spend the coin on 5 new 37in tires. What is everyone doing with the stock ones if they still have plenty of tread?
Sell the stocks - should get some cash for them without issue to a sport owner or someone else simply looking for new wheels/tires. Even if you're just selling tires, someone will be looking to buy... always are.

My 2" Mopar Lift and 37's go on tomorrow. I'll be sure to take some photos and I'll record a small video clip of it rolling into the garage with a top view for anyone curious about the garage door height. Although a different tire will make a small difference, it will at least give you some sort of idea what its at and how it clears.

Feel free to post up here and remind me to post the video (Tag Me) since I'll have a busy with parts and I'll be sure to post it up :like:

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
2" Mopar Lift, Mopar beadlock and 37's were installed yesterday. I def do NOT regret 37's one bit even though it's only been 24hrs. Ride it decent and as expected on a MT, not crazy loud even at highway speed IMO. :jk:

As listed in this thread, it def fits in my garage with room left over easy. I'll take a video Saturday pulling into the garage to post up to show exactly where it sits rolling under the door. :like:

ALiftPic4.jpg

APicLift3.jpg

APicLift1.jpg

FLECK-5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2018 Rubicon JLU, with 2” Mopar lift and 37 x 12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, hard top is 76” off the ground. Fits in my garage but antenna hits because it sits higher than the Jeep. I ordered a shorter antenna. I had to cut part of the hockey puck on the garage door brackets too. The hockey puck is adjustable and hangs down a couple inches lower than my opener needed so used the hacksaw to shorten it then touched it up with black spray paint.

7DC25BBC-4276-4D53-B5E0-CD22A4061F3C.jpeg

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
2" Mopar Lift, Mopar beadlock and 37's were installed yesterday. I def do NOT regret 37's one bit even though it's only been 24hrs. Ride it decent and as expected on a MT, not crazy loud even at highway speed IMO. :jk:

As listed in this thread, it def fits in my garage with room left over easy. I'll take a video Saturday pulling into the garage to post up to show exactly where it sits rolling under the door. :like:

ALiftPic4.jpg

APicLift3.jpg

APicLift1.jpg
Damn that's a nice looking ride!
So I have a 3.5 in MC lift and am running 35 in tires.
I am definitely going to regear and move to 37 in tires as soon as I use the current ones up. I feel that its a moral imperative haha:)

Jp2.jpg

Jp.jpg
Sponsored