Sponsored

Regret 37s?

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wifeā€™s)
No regrets Mopar Lift with 37ā€ tires!!! Not quite done but I love it. I donā€™t drive it everyday, If I had a lot of driving every day I may have gone with 35ā€™s but the 37ā€™s look soooo good.

One more thing, I am adding the Rockslide power step this week, with 37ā€™s you have to climb in and I have 3 kids 12,12,&15 and not to mention my wife, it is tough for them to climb in and out. I think a power step or at the very least a step is necessary for 37ā€™s.

Hope this helps.

958B5EA9-06FF-485E-8447-C7CDA2342711.jpeg

D82AACF2-DAE5-4BA9-A6CA-D3868CE620BC.jpeg

0DC3A6A8-DC14-4A50-9C32-6A62A6B93C54.jpeg

D1AFDA94-68CE-4691-8CD1-B374853D4BDF.jpeg

4974E589-D8F6-402D-9979-F3E6570E8BBA.jpeg

4F00614F-E72D-451E-A8F2-58AF8E03CE36.jpeg
I love the way your jeep's coming along! I hope I can get the lift and wheels some day too! Great job!

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Talk to my Dealer this afternoon, as my JLUR should be on its way to their facility. We talked about some of the items I'm looking at rolling into the Financing. He said he spoke with the main tech that does all the lifts, and he mentioned that if I was going to do 35" Tires and the Mopar lift, I should consider a 4" lift kit. I choked. Here all this time I've been debating if I should step up to 37's. with the Mopar lift. WTF?
Likely the tech stuck in JK knowledge and yet to work on a JL. Rubi high line fenders allow 35s out the door per the manufacture. Many here have reported the 2ā€ Mopar lift with 37s being enough for off-road.

Iā€™m likely seeking a better suspension adjustable to 2-1//2ā€. I have no interest in 4ā€ lifts unless needed to carry extra weight like steel bumpers, undercarriage protection, 60 front and 80 rear and 40s. Iā€™m not going to be there for at least five years. Assuming I ever get there. 37s look bad ass on the JL and Jeep already comes with steel bumpers as factory option. Canā€™t see undercarriage protection being a problem but havenā€™t seen others report yet.

Couldnā€™t you roll the cost of the hardware into the financing than have an experienced off-road shop do the install. I believe the Mopar Kit is a four hour install. Probably under $500 labor and youā€™d likely get a better install. Lots of adjustments to get it stitting level. Trust that dealership to even know to tighten once back on the ground?

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Ask yourself this question do you need 37,s are you going to use them, is it a selfish move for self will it compromise the Family?
Are it just looks good.
Last did you make the decision for 37 or did the forum?
What's the benefit of 37,s on A DAILY DRIVER.

OneEyedHito

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 2-Door
Ask yourself this question do you need 37,s are you going to use them, is it a selfish move for self will it compromise the Family?
Are it just looks good.
Last did you make the decision for 37 or did the forum?
What's the benefit of 37,s on A DAILY DRIVER.
ā˜Fun at parties.......

Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I'm with you. I sold a 2015 JKUR with 35's and have a JLUR on order. I'm debating the 35 vs 37 right now. I plan on installing the Rock Slide Engineering electric drop down steps for the family. They drop down 12 inches from the rock rails.

The question is do I need a lift to run 37's as I've seen a lot of talk that an out of the box Rubicon can run 35's with little issues. The issue is with a 2 inch Mopar lift and 37's will the family (height challenged) be able to make the step into the Jeep or should I stick with 35's.

The 35's on the JLUR were awesome and I think I could be happy with them again, but given that the price diff isn't that great I keep telling myself "just get the 37's"
Get the 37s. My JK had 35s too with 513s and it was such a slug on the highway. The JL just eats up the 37s and is a blast to drive and that's whith stock 410s. I'm pulling off my 37s after 2K miles and going to 38s. As far as the family I understand but keep in mind the kids are growing and will get used to it.

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
This thread has been a great read. I am planning on a JLR in the coming months. It will be my first Jeep ever, and I canā€™t wait! But I have to since Iā€™m deploying soon, plus a couple other reasons... What I am noticing is the majority have the JLU (some have added the S or R, which helps) with some of them having issues. I havenā€™t seen many 2 door owners in these conversations, so are they not putting 37ā€™s on theirs, not being bought too much, or not having issues?

My thought is the 2 door isnā€™t having the issues as much because they are lighter. The auto isnā€™t moving as much mass, so 8th is running normal. I could be wrong, but that is my thoughts. I have a 2011 F-150 FX4 SCREW, lifted 6ā€ w/35s on 20s. She is 3.73 gears and I have no issues getting her going. I run less than 1,700RPMs at a cruise of 70MPH. My truck is much heavier, and the 5.0, but that has similar HP/TRQ as the 3.6 on the lighter JLR.... so Iā€™m pretty sure the 4.10s will roll the 37s just fine. Anyone help me identify flaws in my logic please?

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
This thread has been a great read. I am planning on a JLR in the coming months. It will be my first Jeep ever, and I canā€™t wait! But I have to since Iā€™m deploying soon, plus a couple other reasons... What I am noticing is the majority have the JLU (some have added the S or R, which helps) with some of them having issues. I havenā€™t seen many 2 door owners in these conversations, so are they not putting 37ā€™s on theirs, not being bought too much, or not having issues?

My thought is the 2 door isnā€™t having the issues as much because they are lighter. The auto isnā€™t moving as much mass, so 8th is running normal. I could be wrong, but that is my thoughts. I have a 2011 F-150 FX4 SCREW, lifted 6ā€ w/35s on 20s. She is 3.73 gears and I have no issues getting her going. I run less than 1,700RPMs at a cruise of 70MPH. My truck is much heavier, and the 5.0, but that has similar HP/TRQ as the 3.6 on the lighter JLR.... so Iā€™m pretty sure the 4.10s will roll the 37s just fine. Anyone help me identify flaws in my logic please?

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I've had many F150s set up like yours except I was running 37s and 9"s of lift. Like you i had zero issues with that set up and 3.73s. On the previous JKs they were not alot of fun and underpowered. I was running 5.13s with automatic and it got around ok but you had to give yourself a lot of room when getting on the highway or passing. The magic of the the JL is the 8 speed automatic. It woke this thing right up. Until I regear I've been driving in the manual mode and getting it up into 8th. I will say on my JK I was running Mud Grapplers and they are super heavy so i probably would have had better results with a light tire like the Milestars iI' running now.

Sponsored

isueyou

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Has anyone had issues rubbing while crawling and flexing with 37s and mopar 2inch lift? If so where? What have you done to fix it?

RubiFarmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Debating the 35s vs the 37s mainly due to the gearing. I have a 2019 JLU rubicon arriving in a couple weeks with the 6 speed manual. I live in a valley and frequent the mountains. I am worried that I will not have enough power cruising up I80 going 75 mph over summits that reach over 7000 feet. Any other manual rubiā€™s out there?

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
Debating the 35s vs the 37s mainly due to the gearing. I have a 2019 JLU rubicon arriving in a couple weeks with the 6 speed manual. I live in a valley and frequent the mountains. I am worried that I will not have enough power cruising up I80 going 75 mph over summits that reach over 7000 feet. Any other manual rubiā€™s out there?
Manual Rubi w/ 37s.

Itā€™s fine in the flats. Youā€™ll have to downshift in steep climbs. If it wasnā€™t for off-roading, I wouldnā€™t regear. But, itā€™s pretty gutless below 10 mph in 4H. Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m
going to regear. Drives fine at 75.... rarely do I use 6th anymore.

RubiFarmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Manual Rubi w/ 37s.

Itā€™s fine in the flats. Youā€™ll have to downshift in steep climbs. If it wasnā€™t for off-roading, I wouldnā€™t regear. But, itā€™s pretty gutless below 10 mph in 4H. Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m
going to regear. Drives fine at 75.... rarely do I use 6th anymore.

Thanks for the info. Hate to hear itā€™s lacking in low speed 4H but I doubt it will make much of a difference between 35s and 37s. I would love to go with 37s but I really donā€™t want to regear. First world problems :facepalm:
Sponsored