Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

How come? It looks like both the Fit & CRV were available with AWD at one time or another. The CRV looks to have a rear differential, and if the Fit is AWD I would bet that these two are far more capable than any modern "Jeep" without a trail rated badge.

Not a Honda: https://www.thedrive.com/news/41756...ep-trail-on-stock-suspension-with-no-spotters
Mostly kidding, Truly my only complaint on the trails is the folks who over estimate what their rig can do, and get stuck in the middle of the road. Last spring I came across a Subaru that was stuck after attempting to cross a 100+ feet of deep (2-3 feet) icy, slushy snow. They had nothing to assist with getting out. My truck was way at the other end, so no ability for me to pull them out, luckily a truck came from the same direction as them and pulled them out.

I also have no patience for those who again due to limitations of their vehicle go off the trail/road to avoid water/deep ruts. Breaking their own ground like that causes trails to be shut down for all.
Sponsored

RRAGES

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
Yo Brother!! I installed these and per another members suggestion(rhinebeck) All I needed to do was drill out the top of the lens where the screw attaches....check the new ones for location of said screw. It literally took me 10 minutes to get them out and install the new ones. I have the metal OEM bumpers so If you've read the other posts there is usually a problem with the right one (passenger side) fitting. I just gave it a firm slap with the heel of my hand an it went in. Some have had to grind the top right corner which I did not have to do. I had also purchased their harness which was suppose to make them plug and play but guess what ...It didn't! The harness never snapped in place so I wired them into the left tail. All went smooth and fast. I was a little miffed about the harness but what can ya do. Anyway yeah don't bother with the screws just use a good 3m dbl sided tape that is what I did. I really didn't even need it because they are such a tight fit .
Great advice. Thanks. I got under there today with a socket wrench and my extension was just a bit too short. I think I may just forgo the wrench and drill them. Hooking up to Aux 4 so ran my wire Inside the frame to the front. I got a wire fishing tool off Amazon for $10 and it was still a bitch to get it though. Got it though. Patience.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I picked a set of these up during the original group buy but I have yet to install them...especially after I realized I had to file down the housing to get them to fit. I was planning on picking up a harness but now there are 2 users stating the harness does not work as expected. If the harness connectors are flat out wrong, I would have expected to see more noise being made. I am curious if all of the harnesses are using incorrect connectors or if something else may be amiss. Is there anyone here that is using the harness and the connector fit correctly?
You might want to give them a call...I do believe they changed the plug. I had prepaid for it when they were still in design form and then I received it as one of the original # of people to prepay. So It was only after a few people started to make noise I think they realized that there was an issue which at that point I had already installed mine and didn't care. So do call them and ask ..they make good products ..and they have a good design team. I just know now to wait and see how it fares in the marketplace before purchasing anything in design stage (that hasn't been tested in the real world)

Emt347207

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlu 4xe sahara
You might want to give them a call...I do believe they changed the plug. I had prepaid for it when they were still in design form and then I received it as one of the original # of people to prepay. So It was only after a few people started to make noise I think they realized that there was an issue which at that point I had already installed mine and didn't care. So do call them and ask ..they make good products ..and they have a good design team. I just know now to wait and see how it fares in the marketplace before purchasing anything in design stage (that hasn't been tested in the real world)
The harness is just about 2mm longer at the clip. So the securing lock does not lock in place. So if u can file down about 2mm it will work. I didnt feel like doing it so i used a custom 7 pin plug i made. The harness fit it just does not lock so it will eventually wiggle apart if left unsecured.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
The harness is just about 2mm longer at the clip. So the securing lock does not lock in place. So if u can file down about 2mm it will work. I didnt feel like doing it so i used a custom 7 pin plug i made. The harness fit it just does not lock so it will eventually wiggle apart if left unsecured.
I was having none of it! Lol You are a better man than I.
I must have tried it 20 times and then tried the other light until I just said F it and used posi taps on the light wire. It burned me up that the "plug and Play" harness did not work. I am pretty sure I threw it away I was so pissed, the reason I held off installing the lights was because I was waiting for them to develop this harness because they said they were. In the end, I did what I did not want to..... and that was tap into the wire. Kudos to you though for thinking it through and making it work!

Sponsored

Jeep-JB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Starting a new thread to avoid confusion from the original thread here https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/fiber-optic-hardtop-panels.54314/

Members here asked us to provide some concepts for an integrated LED reverse light to replace the rear bumper reflectors.
Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 10.12.42 AM.png

Following feedback from JL owners on the forum our concept is:
  • Direct replacement lamp using existing hardware.
  • Taps into existing reverse light power source without error code.
  • Clean design with OE fitment and appearance.
  • 4x 5W LEDs, 20W Power each, total 1,000Lm output (theoretical)
  • Clear PMMA Lens, Cast Aluminum Housing with Powdercoat Finish.
  • Optic-Focused wide beam pattern for extended field of view.
Love this idea. Could you make one to fit the jack cutout on the ARB Biondi too. I would line up to buy that one. I am replacing my tail lights, and need to relocate reverse. This would be the perfect location.

Untitled 2.png

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Alright so time was not on my side, but finally did the lights with a tow hitch plug harness.attached before and after pictures.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights Untitled 2

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights Untitled 2
I’m considering these lights. Can you tell me about the tow hitch plug harness and how it connects.as I have the tow package and this sounds like the way to go. is it a different harness than the “plug n play” harness they have on their site?

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S. Silver/Tan
I’m considering these lights. Can you tell me about the tow hitch plug harness and how it connects.as I have the tow package and this sounds like the way to go. is it a different harness than the “plug n play” harness they have on their site?
I have the tow package too and I just wired it into the reverse wire on the tow harness.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
The lights come with taps to connect to the factory wiring (tail light or trailer reverse) you are able to use those included taps, no need to purchase anything else.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the tow package too and I just wired it into the reverse wire on the tow harness.

what color wires do you use on for tow electrical connection?

Did you splice the two lights together and then use one tap into the tow electrical connection?

Sponsored

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
what color wires do you use on for tow electrical connection?

Did you splice the two lights together and then use one tap into the tow electrical connection?
White wire with orange tracer is hot. Attach the grounds to the closest metal screw or hole in the bumper that you can put a screw and lock nut in. Yes, it’s easiest to combine the wire lights and use one tap and one ground spot.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
White wire with orange tracer is hot. Attach the grounds to the closest metal screw or hole in the bumper that you can put a screw and lock nut in. Yes, it’s easiest to combine the wire lights and use one tap and one ground spot.
Thanks!

stingGreyNJ

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2013 JK (gone)
quadratec notes new bevelled design “may” help fitment in factory steel bumpers.

Does it fit or not?

How new is this update?

If I buy from another (cheaper) vendor am i likely to get the update?

Is there a mfg date i can go by?

…and the obligatory. Any discount codes so i can go direct?

Thanks. Excited for this mod.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
quadratec notes new bevelled design “may” help fitment in factory steel bumpers.

Does it fit or not?

How new is this update?

If I buy from another (cheaper) vendor am i likely to get the update?

Is there a mfg date i can go by?

…and the obligatory. Any discount codes so i can go direct?

Thanks. Excited for this mod.
Hello, we added a beveled edge to the lights a few months ago, however we can not verify this for every steel bumper. Unfortunately this is not possible because the steel bumpers are die stamped and are not consistent. You are welcome to purchase from a vendor or us, and we supply the FOURM10 code.

Last edited:

BilletMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Billet Silver
Has anyone tried to connect these to Quake LED qte 558 smoked taillights? Their wiring diagram does not match the wires that are actually used in the light fixture and they’re totally different from the Mopar wire colors.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights FF2493B5-555E-4065-9CFD-0408C1027B00
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights 0A1E99B9-A99B-4034-A540-2F9BDA6A799A
Sponsored

Last edited: