Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Thanks all! Remember, they will ship in the order that these final installments are completed so get yours in to get it as early as possible :rock:
Sponsored

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
Yes, you can tap to the trailer wiring harness if equipped.
It is an open cavity, you can reach right into the tail light cavity from under the Jeep. Yes, you can connect both to one side or connect independently, it is up to you.
Very cool, thank you! Would we also connect to the orange and purple wires at the trailer harness, if so equipped?

Punkdad

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Ocean Blue
For those less electrically inclined yet have the aux switches, what would be the process to hook to those?

Midwestguy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
For those less electrically inclined yet have the aux switches, what would be the process to hook to those?
If your going to use them independently from your factory reverse lights, just run a wire from your aux switch to the oracle lights.

If you want them to function while in reverse, wire them to your taillight or trailer harness.

If you want both aux switch function AND factory reverse function, you will need to add a diode to the 12+ line to the oracle lights. This will isolate both light options from illuminating when the aux switch is activated for the oracle lights.

**The one thing/question Id like to know is if one were to wire them (without using a diode) together, would backfeeding the factory lights cause harm to the factory canbus system somehow? Anyone help on that?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
**The one thing/question Id like to know is if one were to wire them (without using a diode) together, would backfeeding the factory lights cause harm to the factory canbus system somehow? Anyone help on that?
The Aux switches seems to use their own fused Relay bank which is completely independent from the factory system. So it does seem light you could get away without using a diode in this case because there is nothing to back-feed into on the AUX switch side. I would need to review a AUX wiring schematic but this could be an option.

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What about those of us that unfortunately missed the pre buy? Will these still ship on the same date?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
What about those of us that unfortunately missed the pre buy? Will these still ship on the same date?
After the group buy orders ship out, the pre-orders will ship out right behind them so likely by the next business day.

Midwestguy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The Aux switches seems to use their own fused Relay bank which is completely independent from the factory system. So it does seem light you could get away without using a diode in this case because there is nothing to back-feed into on the AUX switch side. I would need to review a AUX wiring schematic but this could be an option.
I was concerned more with feedback on the factory light side of the circuit rather than the aux side. I know the canbus system can flake out with errant voltage so wanted to be safe before wiring in with no diode

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Our video is here for anyone interested in viewing the process!

Be sure to complete your final payment if you haven't already by following the instructions above. Please remember this discounted groupbuy pricing is not eligible for any other coupons. Using a coupon code here will cause processing delays as we will need to contact you to pay the correct amount so your product can ship.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bill8

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2 Door
Thanks for the video Oracle. This will be my first Aux install, but something I've wanted to do for a very long time. Excited to try it. I have the trailer package and plan to install to both the trailer brake wires and Aux switch 3 using diodes as suggested in other posts. I bought the diodes and connectors, but can't figure out what wire to but for the run from engine compartment to rear (going to try to through the frame method). Can anyone on here make any recommendations (or ideally even an amazon link to specific purchase) on what wire you'd recommend?
Thanks to everyone on here for all the great advice so far and any help you can provide on this.

BasherXt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Rubicon on order
@ORACLElights
2 questions
1- are the connectors water/moisture tight or need to add some sort of sealant or heatshrink to keep moisture out?
2- is there a typical obvious path you are running the wires into the rear light area? Haven't owned a jeep before and not aware of any chase routes or best routs for clean wiring install. Looking underneath doesn't show obvious path to snake wires up. Maybe I'm over looking it?

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
@ORACLElights
2 questions
1- are the connectors water/moisture tight or need to add some sort of sealant or heat shrink to keep moisture out?
2- is there a typical obvious path you are running the wires into the rear light area? Haven't owned a jeep before and not aware of any chase routes or best routs for clean wiring install. Looking underneath doesn't show obvious path to snake wires up. Maybe I'm over looking it?
If tapping into the trailer harness underneath I would use some shrink wrap. If going through the tail light think you'll be fine without it. Their video is not the best for those who don't do many electrical mods. It's almost too fast and all over the place. You should be able to snake the wire up from underneath into the tail light cavity easily. That;s the route I am going to go with mine. Eventually I may run another wire to my aux switch to turn them on independently.

BasherXt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Rubicon on order
If tapping into the trailer harness underneath I would use some shrink wrap. If going through the tail light think you'll be fine without it. Their video is not the best for those who don't do many electrical mods. It's almost too fast and all over the place. You should be able to snake the wire up from underneath into the tail light cavity easily. That;s the route I am going to go with mine. Eventually I may run another wire to my aux switch to turn them on independently.
So if you take the taillight out, it should just drop down in-between frame/skin hollow area? Guess I could just. take it out and look inside. Looking from underneath could see too much.
Sponsored