• Total voters

swanny2369

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Rubicon
Yeah, well what happens when there is no more warranty and it comes back? That could be an expensive repair
What another 5 years from now?! I’m sure there will be much larger actual mechanical problems that will come up and cost more by then. What happens when pigs learn to fly and unicorns choke on fairy dust.. we can play that game all day.. It doesn’t really matter. Your trying to turn a rather simple yet very inconvenient thing into a major problem. But it really isn’t that big of deal. Especially to a company who doesn’t care about the long term lifespan of a vehicle anyway.. How many 10 year old jeeps have you seen on the used market worth a damn? Most of their problems far outweigh a few paint defects.. You needed a solution. We all gave you one. Just get it repaired now or pay the piper later. The choice is yours but know that FCA will absolutely take care of it while it’s under warranty. Outside warranty, sorry about your luck, shoulda bought a newer car or extended warranty if that was a huge concern
Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Well true bubbling paint could be the least of the problems.
I actually saw someone post that they've had their repair done twice in 2 years. Although I'm not sure if that's to the same area or not. Truth is if it's done correctly it should be ok.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What another 5 years from now?! I’m sure there will be much larger actual mechanical problems that will come up and cost more by then. What happens when pigs learn to fly and unicorns choke on fairy dust.. we can play that game all day.. It doesn’t really matter. Your trying to turn a rather simple yet very inconvenient thing into a major problem. But it really isn’t that big of deal. Especially to a company who doesn’t care about the long term lifespan of a vehicle anyway.. How many 10 year old jeeps have you seen on the used market worth a damn? Most of their problems far outweigh a few paint defects.. You needed a solution. We all gave you one. Just get it repaired now or pay the piper later. The choice is yours but know that FCA will absolutely take care of it while it’s under warranty. Outside warranty, sorry about your luck, shoulda bought a newer car or extended warranty if that was a huge concern
Maybe not where you are but around here, I see plenty of Jeeps even way older than 10 years going for $25,000 and up. I would think that in Colorado they would hold their value quite well considering you have more Jeep terrain that NY.

Last edited:

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
I don't understand this whole business about dealers that don't want to service people that didn't buy from them. Plenty of people move and take their cars with them.
It's a combination of taking care of their own customers first and Jeep not reimbursing them for the total of the repair. Either way, I hope my local dealer will work with me when the time comes because I bought out of state.

Bluepencil99

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Audi A3, 19 JLUR
Occupation
Exercise Therapist/Martial Artist
I have a 2019 JLUR Mojito…
Bubbles on hinges first appeared about a year and half after I got it.
Warranty covered paint job….
5 months later…bubbles returned with friends…hinges, bottom of door, and hood.
Warranty covered paint job…
13 weeks later bubbles on hinges and bottom of door return.
Going Monday to dealer by request from Stellantis Customer Service…
Looking at replacing doors altogether.
Will keep you all informed.

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope they replace them for you.
please let us know. I don’t think this issue is so simple but I understand some people don’t care-mostly those that wheel. But I didn’t spend all this money to have to deal with this bs.

Reactions: OBD

Bluepencil99

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Audi A3, 19 JLUR
Occupation
Exercise Therapist/Martial Artist
So after playing tag with Stellantis customer service, they have agreed to replace the doors…
HOWEVER…
Every dealer in my area have refused to take in any warranty work that is not pertaining to their dealership. 4 dealerships have refused to do the work, and contacting where I got mine does nothing because they don’t have a body shop.
Awaiting the response of one dealership that is talking to Stellantis Customer Care…
Fingers crossed 🤞🏼
I hope they replace them for you.
please let us know. I don’t think this issue is so simple but I understand some people don’t care-mostly those that wheel. But I didn’t spend all this money to have to deal with this bs.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know this sucks.
jeep should require all dealers to service customers regardless of location.
I mean what if you moved from
California to New York?
What they expect you to take it back to California? Ridiculous

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
You know this sucks.
jeep should require all dealers to service customers regardless of location.
I mean what if you moved from
California to New York?
What they expect you to take it back to California? Ridiculous
They should be forced to do that, or pay a third party to do the repair work.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So after playing tag with Stellantis customer service, they have agreed to replace the doors…
HOWEVER…
Every dealer in my area have refused to take in any warranty work that is not pertaining to their dealership. 4 dealerships have refused to do the work, and contacting where I got mine does nothing because they don’t have a body shop.
Awaiting the response of one dealership that is talking to Stellantis Customer Care…
Fingers crossed 🤞🏼
Did you get any further with your repair?

Sponsored

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Nothing for me yet. Jeep is about 9 months old (2022) with ~14k miles.

It’s going to spend some time in Michigan this winter so I would assume I will see bubbling after the exposure to road salt, but may get lucky if it stays pretty clean.

Oh and my Jeep is Sarge Green.

This has been a problem with Jeep long before the JL’s.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If left untreated then the paint will just continue to fall off and the corrosion spread?
There is no way to stop it unless we introduce some kind of barrier?
I wonder how long that takes? Years?

mrsnorkel99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Tacoma, soon to be jeep owner
2019 mojito Sahara just over 28,000 miles. Bubbling paint driver side door bottom and driver side hood hinge pocket. I purchased jeep out of state. Hope I wont have a problem. I live on long island so we will see what dealership says.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mojito Sahara just over 28,000 miles. Bubbling paint driver side door bottom and driver side hood hinge pocket. I purchased jeep out of state. Hope I wont have a problem. I live on long island so we will see what dealership says.
I’m on Long Island too. Brown’s wouldn’t talk to me because I didn’t purchase there.
was told west Uslip has the body shop on site. Called them and they said they could see me but no repairs until spring.

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
If left untreated then the paint will just continue to fall off and the corrosion spread?
There is no way to stop it unless we introduce some kind of barrier?
I wonder how long that takes? Years?
From what I saw on the few used JLU's I saw at my dealer (a 2018, 2020 and 2022) none of them had paint falling off or flaking, but they all had some type of bubbling paint on the various hinges to some degree or another.

They all were in good condition otherwise, so my guess would be under normal usage and less abuse the paint will hold up for 3-4 years? But then it could just be the result of those Jeeps being "lightly" driven
Sponsored