Not open for further replies.

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
It’s not particularly difficult, but it’s a PITA. I removed the bumper to install. Which means removing a heavy 37” spare (and replacing it afterwards), removing the rear bumper itself, installing the lights (driver side is slightly too big and had to be forced in place), tapping into the wire to the reverse lights in my tow hitch wiring harness, and putting it all back together. None of this requires a lot of knowledge or technical skill. It’s just tedious and time consuming.
Awesome thanks for the tips here really appreciate it! Definitely running it to the hitch wiring harness instead of screwing around with the tail lights. Solid call on the posi-tap splicer too I absolutely hate those t-taps.
Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
@Chocolate Thunder hit the nail on the head with the PITA install but it's not really Oracle's fault the lights are so hard to get in the bumper. They're replacing a part that was never designed to be removed at all, especially while the bumper is installed.
I do have to give Oracle some criticism for the poor fit in my steel bumper. A little more testing on their part would have flushed that problem out long before production.
The wiring for these things is also a hot mess. My wires were too short and the cheap ass splices were a joke. Oracle put more R&D into the packaging than they did to the wiring. Certainly not the polished product I expected after seeing their headlights.

Thank you for your feedback. This has been brought to the attention of our R&D team.
-Missy

SLK RCK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
FYSA, I too had water intrusion into my driver's side light. I don't own a pressure washer and hate automatic car washes, so it must have come from the colorado snow. Regardless, they said they'll replace it but want me to pay for shipping, $9.50 to CO Springs. Bad business decision from my POV. For $10 they could have almost guaranteed a repeat customer, now they've achieved the opposite.

Last edited:

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
FYSA, I too had water intrusion into my driver's side light. I don't own a pressure washer and hate automatic car washes, so it must have come from the colorado snow. Regardless, they said they'll replace it but want me to pay for shipping. Bad business decision from my POV.
Hello, Sorry to hear you are unhappy with our service. Our warranty policy is the same for every product, we offer replacements with just photos, however we do require shipping to be paid. I apologize you do not agree with this policy, however we offer this to any customer on any product.
We are happy to replace any item that is determined defective.

Thank you for your feedback as we appreciate your insight.

-Missy

Miggy217

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB
Build Thread
Link
Hi all, I just bought these and will be installing them this weekend. Outside of humidity getting into the lights, and the "cheap ass splices" how happy are you all these lights? Also, I thought about connecting these to a separate switch, but might just do to the reverse lights. I am not sure that I would turn them on outside of backing up. Any suggestions or comments for my install? Thanks all!!

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Anybody attach these reverse lights with their harness??? I purchased the (plug and Play harness) and was going to install today but was perplexed how this harness was supposed to actually work. So I included pics just so you can get an idea of what is throwing me off. I also contacted Oracle but no response yet...I'm sure they will get back to me. The harness is a male and female as you would expect, one end fits the wrangler harness at the light connection ..the other goes to the light. Then there are these pigtails with water tight screw connections (2) of them. I'm assuming one per reverse light but the reverse lights that were sent have the horseshoe metal tabs on them? As far as I can guess I think I'm supposed to cut the horseshoe metal ends off then wire each of the pos/neg from each light together and then connect to the two pigtails...but how is that plug and play when the connectors of each is not meant for each other? I have taps and was going to just wire them with the taps but wanted the input first.

IMG_5098.JPG

IMG_5099.JPG

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Anybody attach these reverse lights with their harness??? I purchased the (plug and Play harness) and was going to install today but was perplexed how this harness was supposed to actually work. So I included pics just so you can get an idea of what is throwing me off. I also contacted Oracle but no response yet...I'm sure they will get back to me. The harness is a male and female as you would expect, one end fits the wrangler harness at the light connection ..the other goes to the light. Then there are these pigtails with water tight screw connections (2) of them. I'm assuming one per reverse light but the reverse lights that were sent have the horseshoe metal tabs on them? As far as I can guess I think I'm supposed to cut the horseshoe metal ends off then wire each of the pos/neg from each light together and then connect to the two pigtails...but how is that plug and play when the connectors of each is not meant for each other? I have taps and was going to just wire them with the taps but wanted the input first.

IMG_5098.JPG

IMG_5099.JPG
It looks like you may be missing some thing. The picture on Oracle’s website (https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...Hm7EVsNL7RIN_HTxfvM8NSVd47XmHBKBoCVSoQAvD_BwE) shows a piece that goes between the screw adaptor and spade plugs on the lights. This would make them truly plug and play.

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Led Reverse Light 5879-504_1024x1024

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Rockadile, thanks buddy!!! I guess I am missing the connectors. All that they sent was the harness and pigtails from harness, but no connectors to the lights.
Thanks again now I know, guess I’ll give them a call in the morning.

akasjl

First Name
Stephane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
Rockadile, thanks buddy!!! I guess I am missing the connectors. All that they sent was the harness and pigtails from harness, but no connectors to the lights.
Thanks again now I know, guess I’ll give them a call in the morning.
They sent you the JT part. The same thing happened to me. I emailed, they apologized, and quickly shipped out the JL harness and a return authorization for the incorrect one. Hope to install mine next weekend.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Hello! If anyone has concerns like this please feel to reach out to us directly. We will be happy to get this taken care of right away.

-Missy

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Does the bumper have to be removed to install these lights in a stock plastic Rubicon bumper?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Does the bumper have to be removed to install these lights in a stock plastic Rubicon bumper?
Good Morning! We have two different videos and two different installations, with bumper coming off and with it staying on. I would suggest reviewing both to get a better idea of the expectations. Most people find it easier to remove the bumper fully.

-Missy

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The newest production run shipping in June will not require modifications to fit the steel bumpers.

-Missy
Thanks for listening to the feedback.
Will the new production run be a different product number? I just want to make sure when I order from my local shop that I'll be getting the updated version.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.