Not open for further replies.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Grind the bumper and apply rust preventative or grind the lamp and apply thorough sealant, yes they should fit without the need to alter but they don't so adapt.
Sponsored

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Grind the bumper and apply rust preventative or grind the lamp and apply thorough sealant, yes they should fit without the need to alter but they don't so adapt.
I would have ZERO issue with that if I didn’t have to keep paying for new ones…..

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Guys,

Not too sure why there is still a debate over this. It's been confirmed for awhile now that there is a stamping variance for the black steel bumper between LH & RH sides. Tooling costs to make two different casting molds for this would not allow us to offer these at this price point.

The reason the OEM reflectors measure identically between the two and still fit in both is because they are made of plastic. The plastic part will comply while the cast aluminum part (ORACLE) will not.

If you measure the two openings in the steel bumper, you'll see there is approx 3mm difference across. Shaving the light is the best solution, as it's softer than the bumper.

Skip to 2:30 in this video - His install process is perfectly explained here:

Hope this helps.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Well aware they need to be ground down. The plastic reflector is smaller than the Led light. Had you made the mold off of the drivers reflector it wouldn’t be an issue. Grinding the light causes the light to leak, which causes customers like me to pay shipping to get a new light, which needs to be ground, which will leak.

You want this thread to die off stop making customers pay to replace a light that is flawed and people like myself will stop having things to post about. 😉

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
And let me ask you this because this is what annoys me the most about your stance on this. The drivers side is 3mm smaller. Which I agree with, so if you took your cad design and made it off the DRIVERS side and then reversed the design to make the passenger light do you think anyone would notice the 3mm gap? Or would they notice the drivers light filled with water?

Stop blaming Jeep and take some ownership of the problem.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.