First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel
Occupation
Retired
I just had my first contact PM with @ORACLElights. They are sending me out replacements. So my first ever contact has been a pleasant experience. Thank you.
Also thank you @Vinh1219 for the post reminding me that I noticed the same issue last week but had not got around to contacting them.
Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
After @ORACLElights responded to this thread regarding the unresolved problems with my lights, I provided details and they have agreed to replace the light and offered an apology for the customer service lapse that allowed it to become an issue here on the forum rather than handling the situation as soon as I brought it to their attention. A replacement is being mailed to me.
I just had my first contact PM with @ORACLElights. They are sending me out replacements. So my first ever contact has been a pleasant experience. Thank you.
Also thank you @Vinh1219 for the post reminding me that I noticed the same issue last week but had not got around to contacting them.
Thank you both! We appreciate your understanding and your kindness in updating the other forum members here. We are just a message away if you need further assistance in the future.

-Rachel

Last edited:

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
It's a god damn shame that companies standing by their products is rare nowadays... I had an this same issue with just one of their lamps, they communicated with me quickly and sent out a replacement almost as quick. So I will stick with them! Looking into their cargo lamp wiper housing thingamajig now...

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
It's a god damn shame that companies standing by their products is rare nowadays... I had an this same issue with just one of their lamps, they communicated with me quickly and sent out a replacement almost as quick. So I will stick with them! Looking into their cargo lamp wiper housing thingamajig now...
Thanks for chiming in, J.D.! Glad you are sticking with us...let us know if we can help with the cargo light too. :like:

-Rachel

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you both! We appreciate your understanding and your kindness in updating the other forum members here. We are just a message away if you need further assistance in the future.

-Rachel
For those of us who are considering these lights, what steps are being taken to ensure that this isn't happening for future sales pieces? Or are these considered to be not indicative of the standard experience. I would hate to purchase these with even the expectation that this is a 50/50 proposition I may have to go through the same steps of issues/resolution to get a pair that work over time.

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
For those of us who are considering these lights, what steps are being taken to ensure that this isn't happening for future sales pieces? Or are these considered to be not indicative of the standard experience. I would hate to purchase these with even the expectation that this is a 50/50 proposition I may have to go through the same steps of issues/resolution to get a pair that work over time.
Hi Drew, we have sold hundreds of these lights and have seen this issue in less than 0.5% of the parts out there. These fixtures underwent testing to confirm the parts are IP67 Ingress Protection rated (can be submerged in 1 Meter of water) but for the few people who have experienced this issue, it may have been from certain scenarios such as high-pressure car washes or other means which may have accidentally circumvented the seal. Regardless if there is an issue, we stand behind our product. Feel free to let us know if you have other questions.

Last edited:

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Drew, we have sold hundreds of these lights and have seen this issue in less than 0.5% of the parts out there. These fixtures underwent testing to confirm the parts are IP67 Ingress Protection rated (can be submerged in 1 Meter of water) but for the few people who have experienced this issue, it may have been from certain scenarios such as high-pressure car washes or other means which may have accidentally circumvented the seal. Regardless if there is an issue, we stand behind our product. Feel free to let us know if you have other questions.
I've been around off road vehicles for a while and I know that is often the case but thanks for responding to confirm that.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
So here’s my update, been communicating with @ORACLElights through message and they are gonna send me replacements . Just took some more pics as requested and they honored the warranty. @ORACLElights Thank You for standing by your product !!!
Thanks for giving the update here! We appreciate our customers' willingness to work with us to stand behind our product line, and we are always here to help should you need more assistance.
-Rachel

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
@Chocolate Thunder your thoughts on difficulty of install on factory steel bumper? I have looked through the instructions and it looks pretty straightforward. Just wondering from you and potentially others who have installed these to get a feel for install difficulty.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
@Chocolate Thunder your thoughts on difficulty of install on factory steel bumper? I have looked through the instructions and it looks pretty straightforward. Just wondering from you and potentially others who have installed these to get a feel for install difficulty.
It’s not particularly difficult, but it’s a PITA. I removed the bumper to install. Which means removing a heavy 37” spare (and replacing it afterwards), removing the rear bumper itself, installing the lights (driver side is slightly too big and had to be forced in place), tapping into the wire to the reverse lights in my tow hitch wiring harness, and putting it all back together. None of this requires a lot of knowledge or technical skill. It’s just tedious and time consuming.

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
@Chocolate Thunder hit the nail on the head with the PITA install but it's not really Oracle's fault the lights are so hard to get in the bumper. They're replacing a part that was never designed to be removed at all, especially while the bumper is installed.
I do have to give Oracle some criticism for the poor fit in my steel bumper. A little more testing on their part would have flushed that problem out long before production.
The wiring for these things is also a hot mess. My wires were too short and the cheap ass splices were a joke. Oracle put more R&D into the packaging than they did to the wiring. Certainly not the polished product I expected after seeing their headlights.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
@Chocolate Thunder hit the nail on the head with the PITA install but it's not really Oracle's fault the lights are so hard to get in the bumper. They're replacing a part that was never designed to be removed at all, especially while the bumper is installed.
I do have to give Oracle some criticism for the poor fit in my steel bumper. A little more testing on their part would have flushed that problem out long before production.
The wiring for these things is also a hot mess. My wires were too short and the cheap ass splices were a joke. Oracle put more R&D into the packaging than they did to the wiring. Certainly not the polished product I expected after seeing their headlights.
Throw away the garbage wire splices that are included with the product, spend a few extra $ and get Posi-Tap splices. You’re welcome.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I am awaiting the wire harness to become available and I'll finally get to install mine. They've been sitting in the box since December.

SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
Throw away the garbage wire splices that are included with the product, spend a few extra $ and get Posi-Tap splices. You’re welcome.
I will second this. I installed Oracle’s backup and sidetrack lights. It was a real pain to get the included T-taps to pierce the insulation and make a connection. I’ll never use T-taps again.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.