New Raptor Load Range C 37s?

black_jeep_jl

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
These definitely look smaller than other 37‘s but I still think they’re going to be the right fit for my 392. Thanks for posting pictures.
alksion how much taller is the 392 than a non-392 Rubicon from factory?
Sponsored

black_jeep_jl

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Thats a good question. I thought it was an inch taller than a standard rubicon but I may be wrong.
I think you’re right. I googled it after I posted this and that’s what I also found… thank you!

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I think you’re right. I googled it after I posted this and that’s what I also found… thank you!
Sweet! Yeah I think these will be perfect on my 392. Just give it a slight beefier look without sacrificing on road behavior or having to regear :)

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have the D-rated 37 KO2s and at 30PSI they ride extremely well on the road. I can't tell any difference compare to my stock 33" KO2s (C-rated) which I kept at 35PSI. In fact the day I swapped them, I paid a lot of attention and drove the same roads to the tire shop on OEM KO2s, swapped and drove the same roads back. No difference whatsoever in ride quality. In fact hitting bigger potholes and speed bumps the 37s are actually better for obvious reasons.

Re size, I'm glad the KO2s exist and give us a choice of an in between size. I think if BFG labeled the KO2s that I have as 36x12 it would be more accurate than 37x12.5.
These C rated are a specialty tire made for Ford and a marketing ploy by Ford, IMO. I just don't believe BFG would call this a 37 if Ford didn't spec it labeled as such. Shame on BFG for degrading their good name labeling this tire a 37. haha, FORD K2O should be on the sidewall.
I run 37's on my JLR and was interestedd in a lighter 37 when my 36.5" Cooper STT Pros wear out. I do not want a 35.25 tire.

RubiRed

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR, Odyssey, S2000, 911
Vehicle Showcase

Had a chance to take them wheeling in rocks this weekend. They’re great. Surprise surprise they work just like the factory KO2 only taller and wider. I air down to 10psi and love how the sidewall gets flexy.

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
These C rated are a specialty tire made for Ford and a marketing ploy by Ford, IMO. I just don't believe BFG would call this a 37 if Ford didn't spec it labeled as such. Shame on BFG for degrading their good name labeling this tire a 37. haha, FORD K2O should be on the sidewall.
I run 37's on my JLR and was interestedd in a lighter 37 when my 36.5" Cooper STT Pros wear out. I do not want a 35.25 tire.
your coopers spec unmounted at 36.77” not 36.5” like the BFG,im Curious what the coopers measure mounted with weight on them, have you measured them, I suspect they are probably in the upper 35” range…..probably around 1/2” taller than these

Last edited:

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
your coppers spec unmourned at 36.77” not 36.5” like the BFG,im Curious what the coopers measure mounted with weight on them, have you measured them, I suspect they are probably in the upper 35” range…..probably around 1/2” taller than these
I suspect you are correct. Im not sure where the OP was going with this. Seems like a not a fan of the Ford Raptor or BFG's. To each his own I guess.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX

Had a chance to take them wheeling in rocks this weekend. They’re great. Surprise surprise they work just like the factory KO2 only taller and wider. I air down to 10psi and love how the sidewall gets flexy.

Looks like lots of fun in some really beautiful countryside!

Sponsored

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
For those of you running these tires could you comment on the gearing you are using. Specifically on the two door. I own a Rubicon 2 door and am interested in these tires, and what gears I should consider.

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Looks like discount tires has them now. $403

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I suspect you are correct. Im not sure where the OP was going with this. Seems like a not a fan of the Ford Raptor or BFG's. To each his own I guess.
Looks like discount tires has them now. $403
out of stock though...its a shame they are so much too...the D rated are considerably less, I feel like I should have bought them right away

RubiRed

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR, Odyssey, S2000, 911
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you running these tires could you comment on the gearing you are using. Specifically on the two door. I own a Rubicon 2 door and am interested in these tires, and what gears I should consider.
My opinion is that a Rubicon does not need to immediately regear. Drive it for a week and you make the call. Your decision will be dependent on how you intend to use your Jeep.

Just for reference when you go to these KO2 37s on your Rubicon it's going to drive similar (in terms of peppiness) to a stock Sahara on the road. And offroading in 4Lo you'll still have an advantage over stock Sahara because of the Rubicon 4.0 transfer case.
  • Sahara 3.45 gears / 32" tires = 0.108
  • Rubicon 4.10 gears / 37" tires = 0.111
The wheeling video a few posts above, I'm the red 2 door Rubicon on stock 4.10 gears on manual transmission running these KO2 37s. That said, I do want to go to 5.13 and I have an appointment to regear in September. Hope that helps

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
The Auto 4.10's handle these fine. Is it ideal- no, but I am not in any hurry to re-gear based on performance loss.
Sponsored