alksion

First Name
Josiah
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
FInally have them mounted on a lifted Jeep. I am running them at 32 PSI and to be honest, they drive just like the stockers. As you can see, I barely got 35 1/4 mounted on 17x9 wheels. I used a level on top to make sure I was measuring square off the tallest point of the tire. I mounted the spare on a quadratec spare relocation kit which moved the spare a few inches up. It was cheap so I figured I would give it a try. I do need longer rubber stops though. Hit me up if you have any questions.

P7100009.JPG

P7100007.JPG

P7100001.JPG

P7100004.JPG

P7100005.JPG

P7100011.JPG

P7100012.JPG

P7100010.JPG

P7100002.JPG

P7100003.JPG
These definitely look smaller than other 37‘s but I still think they’re going to be the right fit for my 392. Thanks for posting pictures.
Advertisement

black_jeep_jl

First Name
Ashley
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Metalcloak True Dual 2.5 lift. Fuel Vector wheel offset is -12 with 4.53 BS. These absolutely will fit on a Rubicon without a lift with minor rubbing if any as a temp solution. Check out this video of a dude running a slightly larger Nitto with no lift:

Thanks for the video! He has 37” Trail Grapplers, so these KO2s will definitely be ok without a lift for a while. My Vision wheels have the same specs as your Vectors, so your setup shows me exactly how much “poke” I’ll have. Thanks so much!

black_jeep_jl

First Name
Ashley
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These definitely look smaller than other 37‘s but I still think they’re going to be the right fit for my 392. Thanks for posting pictures.
alksion how much taller is the 392 than a non-392 Rubicon from factory?

black_jeep_jl

First Name
Ashley
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats a good question. I thought it was an inch taller than a standard rubicon but I may be wrong.
I think you’re right. I googled it after I posted this and that’s what I also found… thank you!

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I think you’re right. I googled it after I posted this and that’s what I also found… thank you!
Sweet! Yeah I think these will be perfect on my 392. Just give it a slight beefier look without sacrificing on road behavior or having to regear :)

sourdough

First Name
Strider
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
white JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
wanderer
Vehicle Showcase
I have the D-rated 37 KO2s and at 30PSI they ride extremely well on the road. I can't tell any difference compare to my stock 33" KO2s (C-rated) which I kept at 35PSI. In fact the day I swapped them, I paid a lot of attention and drove the same roads to the tire shop on OEM KO2s, swapped and drove the same roads back. No difference whatsoever in ride quality. In fact hitting bigger potholes and speed bumps the 37s are actually better for obvious reasons.

Re size, I'm glad the KO2s exist and give us a choice of an in between size. I think if BFG labeled the KO2s that I have as 36x12 it would be more accurate than 37x12.5.
These C rated are a specialty tire made for Ford and a marketing ploy by Ford, IMO. I just don't believe BFG would call this a 37 if Ford didn't spec it labeled as such. Shame on BFG for degrading their good name labeling this tire a 37. haha, FORD K2O should be on the sidewall.
I run 37's on my JLR and was interestedd in a lighter 37 when my 36.5" Cooper STT Pros wear out. I do not want a 35.25 tire.

RubiRed

First Name
Richie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR, Odyssey, S2000, 911
Vehicle Showcase

Had a chance to take them wheeling in rocks this weekend. They’re great. Surprise surprise they work just like the factory KO2 only taller and wider. I air down to 10psi and love how the sidewall gets flexy.

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
These C rated are a specialty tire made for Ford and a marketing ploy by Ford, IMO. I just don't believe BFG would call this a 37 if Ford didn't spec it labeled as such. Shame on BFG for degrading their good name labeling this tire a 37. haha, FORD K2O should be on the sidewall.
I run 37's on my JLR and was interestedd in a lighter 37 when my 36.5" Cooper STT Pros wear out. I do not want a 35.25 tire.
your coopers spec unmounted at 36.77” not 36.5” like the BFG,im Curious what the coopers measure mounted with weight on them, have you measured them, I suspect they are probably in the upper 35” range…..probably around 1/2” taller than these

Last edited:

jlang

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon 2016 Rubicon, 2019 GC
your coppers spec unmourned at 36.77” not 36.5” like the BFG,im Curious what the coopers measure mounted with weight on them, have you measured them, I suspect they are probably in the upper 35” range…..probably around 1/2” taller than these
I suspect you are correct. Im not sure where the OP was going with this. Seems like a not a fan of the Ford Raptor or BFG's. To each his own I guess.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2019 Ram Longhorn 4x4

Had a chance to take them wheeling in rocks this weekend. They’re great. Surprise surprise they work just like the factory KO2 only taller and wider. I air down to 10psi and love how the sidewall gets flexy.

Looks like lots of fun in some really beautiful countryside!

Fatboy97

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
For those of you running these tires could you comment on the gearing you are using. Specifically on the two door. I own a Rubicon 2 door and am interested in these tires, and what gears I should consider.

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Looks like discount tires has them now. $403

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I suspect you are correct. Im not sure where the OP was going with this. Seems like a not a fan of the Ford Raptor or BFG's. To each his own I guess.
Looks like discount tires has them now. $403
out of stock though...its a shame they are so much too...the D rated are considerably less, I feel like I should have bought them right away

Advertisement

Superchips TrailDash 3

Advertisement