Sponsored

MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT

amantri

First Name
Ashish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2021 (TWO Door)
My extra wire was there... Just plug and play, shes at the dealer now getting a new steering box and a flash... I'll let yall know...

20201010_090932.jpg

20201010_091208.jpg
New Jeep Wrangler 2021 2 Door (JL) owner here.

Yes, I am really new and I am sure you can tell by the way I have introduced myself to the community.
:)

I have the stock halogen headlights and yes, I have the extra wires at the plug seen at the picture above.

So, I keep reading that it is a very easy and a plug and play.

So what am i supposed to connect.

1) Do I need to even run anything to the BCM at the passenger kick plate side?
2) Do i need a dealer flash?

Please help me... really new at this and with the car electronics as well

Thanks
Sponsored

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
New Jeep Wrangler 2021 2 Door (JL) owner here.

Yes, I am really new and I am sure you can tell by the way I have introduced myself to the community.
:)

I have the stock halogen headlights and yes, I have the extra wires at the plug seen at the picture above.

So, I keep reading that it is a very easy and a plug and play.

So what am i supposed to connect.

1) Do I need to even run anything to the BCM at the passenger kick plate side?
2) Do i need a dealer flash?

Please help me... really new at this and with the car electronics as well

Thanks
If you have the extra wire all you need to do is plug the new ones in and flash the vehicle for the led headlight option either at the dealership or with a programmer (JScan/tazer/etc)

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
If you have the extra wire all you need to do is plug the new ones in and flash the vehicle for the led headlight option either at the dealership or with a programmer (JScan/tazer/etc)
On my 2021 Willys, the dealers could not flash it - they didn't have a new code as of October 2020. I went to 3 different dealers and they all said the same thing. That is why I ended up with the HH harness and no need for a flash.

amantri

First Name
Ashish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you JRobes and Brendon.
Like I said previously, I have the 4 wires going to the plug (as seen in the picture from original poster.

So, a few more questions::

1) I just plug the newly purchased Mopar Led headlamps plugs in this? What do I do with the plastic pins that are showing in the picture? Do i need to remove those?

2) Do I need to even run anything to the BCM at the passenger kick plate side? Any wiring to be run to that module inside the vehicle?

3) Do I need to purchase the Jeep JL Led Fog Light Anti-flicker module (from headlight haven) and hook it up?

4) How much does a dealer flash cost?

Side Note:: I have yet to purchase the Mopar led head lamps.
recently purchased the 2021 Jeep Wrangler JL (2 door) and need to justify the cost.

Thanks in advance

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you JRobes and Brendon.
Like I said previously, I have the 4 wires going to the plug (as seen in the picture from original poster.

So, a few more questions::

1) I just plug the newly purchased Mopar Led headlamps plugs in this? What do I do with the plastic pins that are showing in the picture? Do i need to remove those?

2) Do I need to even run anything to the BCM at the passenger kick plate side? Any wiring to be run to that module inside the vehicle?

3) Do I need to purchase the Jeep JL Led Fog Light Anti-flicker module (from headlight haven) and hook it up?

4) How much does a dealer flash cost?

Side Note:: I have yet to purchase the Mopar led head lamps.
recently purchased the 2021 Jeep Wrangler JL (2 door) and need to justify the cost.

Thanks in advance
Per my post above, the first thing I would do is check with the dealer and find out if they can flash it. For some reason, they did not have a code for the 2021 Sport and FCA and Jeep Wave were completely useless in helping me solve the issue. That is why I went to the HH harness. It is basically pug and play and no flash required. I can't answer your other questions because I used the harness. Jeff at HH was great at answering any questions about installation. BTW I really like the LED's on my Willys

Sponsored

amantri

First Name
Ashish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Brendon Thank you so much for the response. I shall call the dealership firth thing tomorrow and see what they have to say. Hopefully the Led headlamp is available. I shall also look into the HH harness as you suggested.

Thanks

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Brendon Thank you so much for the response. I shall call the dealership firth thing tomorrow and see what they have to say. Hopefully the Led headlamp is available. I shall also look into the HH harness as you suggested.

Thanks
Be sure the dealership knows what it is talking about when you contact it. I brought my Willys in with the LED headlights I purchased on line. It removed the halogens and installed the LED's and then realized there was no code in its computer to flash a 2021. It could flash any prior year up to 2020. It had to remove the LED's and re-install the halogens.

JL.FR

First Name
Casa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo MOJITO
I did the install. I actually wasted my time running the supplied wiring harness for the Mopar LED headlights to find out after that my 2020 came with the wiring. It goes into a different pin configuration than the 5+7 cavities though. From what I've been told the headlights are completely separate than the LED parking lamps/turn signals.

It doesnt make much sense for me to be getting a turn signal out light unless the system is programmed for the LED parking lamps, and there clearly isn't any power going into the cavities for the LED parking lamp inputs.
It's weird that FCA says plug in pins 5 and 7 of their harness with the kit. Because the diagram (factory) does not indicate these positions. Also look at the beginning of this tread (page3) there is a diagram of the C1 / A connector it is well indicated the pin 22 "right DRL lamp driver" as on the diagram that I publish here (22 of C1 and 15 of C4) , and not pins 5 and 7 of C1 of the kit ... the colors of the wire of the pin 22 WH / DB correspond well to the diagram on page 3. It would be necessary that a JEEPER who has the LED of the factory check if the pin 22 is well connected and the WH / DB wire ... The solution may be there and it will be possible to activate or deactivate (as for factory leds) with Tazer or others
Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT HEADLAMPS-SYSTEM 1

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Be sure the dealership knows what it is talking about when you contact it. I brought my Willys in with the LED headlights I purchased on line. It removed the halogens and installed the LED's and then realized there was no code in its computer to flash a 2021. It could flash any prior year up to 2020. It had to remove the LED's and re-install the halogens.
Brendon, I am about to do this factory halogen to Mopar LED swap. Ordered the kit (Mopar part number 82215136AE ) and it's sitting in the garage waiting. Mine is a 21 Sport S, and I can see it has the forth wire running into the harness. Interestingly enough, on the Mopar site that part number says it is incompatible with my 21 Sport S (compatible with every other JL year). Now I think I understand why... the dealer sales code issue. I read through this thread hoping for definitive answer but have not arrived at one. Will Part number: 82215136AE work with my 21 Sport S? From all I've seen on line the actual install looks straight forward. It's the dealer intervention required to get things working properly that has me confused/concerned. Sounds like they won't even have the right code to put in? Can you help clarify/confirm all this before I begin? Many thanks.

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Brendon, I am about to do this factory halogen to Mopar LED swap. Ordered the kit (Mopar part number 82215136AE ) and it's sitting in the garage waiting. Mine is a 21 Sport S, and I can see it has the forth wire running into the harness. Interestingly enough, on the Mopar site that part number says it is incompatible with my 21 Sport S (compatible with every other JL year). Now I think I understand why... the dealer sales code issue. I read through this thread hoping for definitive answer but have not arrived at one. Will Part number: 82215136AE work with my 21 Sport S? From all I've seen on line the actual install looks straight forward. It's the dealer intervention required to get things working properly that has me confused/concerned. Sounds like they won't even have the right code to put in? Can you help clarify/confirm all this before I begin? Many thanks.
It's been over 9 months since I installed my LED's. The fitment was straightforward with no issues. The problem was that the dealer could not flash it so the lights would not work properly. I have no idea if in the past 9 months things have changed with the dealers. If not, and they can't flash it, my experience was the LED's will not work properly. I didn't want to wait on a possible fix from the dealers so I went with the HH harness. Lights have worked great since installation of the harness.

Sponsored

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks
Amantri, we’re you successful in resolving this issue regarding your LED lights? I’m about to embark on this journey and welcome any wisdom.

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
its 5 & 7. You want the FRONT PARK LAMP DRIVER not the drl.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's been over 9 months since I installed my LED's. The fitment was straightforward with no issues. The problem was that the dealer could not flash it so the lights would not work properly. I have no idea if in the past 9 months things have changed with the dealers. If not, and they can't flash it, my experience was the LED's will not work properly. I didn't want to wait on a possible fix from the dealers so I went with the HH harness. Lights have worked great since installation of the harness.
Thank you Brendon. I’m hoping in that 9 months they have figured out a way to put a Mopar part on a Jeep without third party intervention. Doesn’t seem like it should be a moon shot… but one never knows. I’ll report back what I learn in case anyone else stumbles across this thread with the same question. Many thanks.