Granite Crystal Metallic
ENGINE
Pentatstar 3.6L (Non eTorque)
TRANSMISSION
6 Speed Manual
PACKAGES
Customer Preferred Package 23S
FACTORY OPTIONS
Technology Group, Convenience Group, Cold Weather Group, Trailer-Tow and Heavy Duty Electrical Group, Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle, Black 3-Piece Hard Top
MODS - WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES
Mopar Off-Road Satin Carbon 17x8.5", BFG KO2's 315/70R17 C-Ply RBL (Big Brake Kit is next, as soon as it's available from back order).
MODS - TIRE SIZE
35" Tires
MODS - SUSPENSION / CHASSIS
Mopar 2" Lift, Mopar FOX Steering Stabilizer Damper
MODS - LIFT HEIGHT
2" Lift
MODS - POWERTRAIN / DRIVETRAIN
DANA Spicer 4.88 Ring/Pinion + Master Rebuild Kit, Dana Spicer nodular iron grey differential covers (front & rear)
MODS - EXTERIOR
Rubicon Rock Rails, Mopar Fuel Filler Door, Mopar Locking Fuel Cap (keyed to ignition), Mopar Oversize Spare Tire Reinforcement Bracket, Mopar Oversize Spare Tire Carrier Mounting Bracket, Mopar Center High Mounted Stop Light Relocation Kit, Mopar Mud Flaps (rear), WeatherTech Mud Flaps (front), Mopar 5" LED Off-Road Lights and Windshield Brackets, Mopar Hood Lock (keyed to ignition)
MODS - ARMOR & PROTECTION
Mopar Tail Light Guard Kit, Mopar Locking Lug Nuts
MODS - LIGHTING
Mopar LED Headlight and LED Fog Light package added
MODS - RECOVERY EQUIPMENT
Hi-Lift Extreme/base, Jeeps Needs SAM-3 Adaptor Combo, Hi-Lift Lift Mate, Hi-Lift Off Road Kit, Jeep Off-Road Recovery Kit, Agency 6 Recovery Shackle Block, Mopar Jack Base
MODS - INTERIOR
Mopar Head Liner + HotHead Completion Kit, Mopar Premium Carpet Mats, Mopar Slush Floor Mats, Mopar Rear Cargo Mats, Mopar Stainless Steel Door Sills, Rough Country Tail Gate Table, Fishbone Flashlight Holder, Mopar Grab Handles, Mopar Cargo Net, Red Line Hood Struts, Carhartt Seat Covers (front), Overland Trading Company Saddle Bags
MODS - IN-CAR ELECTRONICS
Mopar Passive Entry Kit (driver side), 67 Designs rail system
MODS - SOFTWARE / TUNE / PROGRAMMER
Tazer Mini
HISTORY / EXPERIENCE / COMMENTS
Knowing nothing about the world of Jeep before hand, the decision was made to start basic and learn as I go. Because I didn't want to spend money on things I wasn't sure I needed - and did want to spend money on things I couldn't/or would be very difficult to add later - that looked like a Sport S. In April '21 while building the ideal Sport S on-line, this one appeared as coming soon in dealer inventory.

He was exactly as I was building him on-line with one exception - the LED package, so I jumped on it knowing I could add it later. I knew virtually nothing about modifications but love a good learn so set about to do so. Starting small and simple and increasing complexity as I go, it has been a great adventure outfitting him exactly how I want; with a "OEM/Stock+" approach for overland travel and exploring Colorado's high country and the Rocky Mountain West at large.

Priorities are first and foremost capability, but balanced with common sense for my use case: as light as possible without compromising strength/durability. Balancing capability with weight produces range. Jeeps are not economy cars, but with regards to fuel economy, I care most about knowing what to expect from a given tank; Sometimes there's just no gas for many miles... the greater range the better.

While breaking him in the first 12K miles I discovered what I wanted to change and improve upon and did many smaller, fine-tuning changes. Around 12k miles, convinced he was settling in well and was keeper, the Mopar 2" Lift and 35's were added. Shortly after, the 4.88 re-gear was completed.

There will always be something to tinker with and refine, but he's now exactly how I originally envisioned him and ready to go where ever I'm willing to point him. My initial thought with buying the internal combustion engine/manual transmission config was he'd be perhaps among the last of his kind. Lord willing I'll have him for many, many years, (no intent to sell), and my ultimate dream is to be Grandpa driving his grandkids around in his tricked out, oldy-but-goody last of its kind Jeep. We'll see how that goes. In the meanwhile there's lots of (s)miles and hours behind the wheel for me and my bud.

Item information

Added by
jbcrane
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Sport S Unlimited

Share this item