First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Software
I think a lot of it comes down to what you're wanting to put in the center console w/the Tuffy. I have the Tuffy with my 19 JLU Rubicon and I can put my Springfield Hellcat (w/optic while keeping in the Crossbreed holster) or my Glock 17. Definitely peace of mind when needing to securely stow it. Agree with others that I had originally hoped for an under the seat bolt-in solution but.....
Sponsored

The_Armed_Gardener

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Willys 2021 2D, Subaru, Ford Ranger, Aluminum Jet Pump Sled
Occupation
Transit Authority Paratransit Operator
I'm a seasoned shooter and I think the center console is a good choice for you, IMHO. It's a location where you can keep your head up and eyes open as you access it.

BTW:
  • Always treat the gun as loaded.
  • Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
  • Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
  • Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
A gun in your car is a bad idea for a number of reasons. If your job won’t let you carry, find a new job.

Evo8

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
foxbody / m3 / civic si / tacoma / yj / jl
There are times most of us cannot CC - for me it’s only in buildings with metal detectors. This is the set up I use in 3 of my vehicles but this is the JLUR. Grade 8 bolts going to through the flooring.

90DE2E07-33B6-4ED1-9D5C-7BEB96D9778E.jpeg

83969270-9656-418B-9380-BEEDA3BFD1F1.jpeg

Sponsored

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I like to use my center console to store stuff so the Tuffy would not work for me. I use a Vaultek Life Pod. It comes with a steel cable lock that you can wrap around the seat bracket and slide it under the seat. Its also waterproof and TSA approved.

Hornady's rapid safe is pretty cool but no idea if there is enough room in the JL.

A gun in your car is a bad idea for a number of reasons. If your job won’t let you carry, find a new job.
I guess I should just toss my 20 years of service out and get a lower paying job somewhere else since no firearms are allowed on Federal property.

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Watching his videos makes you feel like locks are a waste of time. :CWL:

They actually replied to his video very quickly and did a firmware update to fix that. The combo can not be changed with the safe locked with the updated firmware. I'm sure he'd be able to crack the thing open quickly in some other way though...That guy is pretty darn good.

ETA: A determined thief is going to be able to crack this or anything else open for that matter if given enough time. I just figure this is a good enough way to slow them down or deter them from attempting to steal it.

Sponsored

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
There is no need to purchase the Tuffy (or similar) system as you can securely store items in the rear cargo area storage compartment. It is located underneath the rear load floor. To access the storage compartment, you must first unlock and open the rear tailgate and then lift up on the cargo strap at the rear of the cargo area.

When the tailgate is closed and locked (even with the doors and top off) you can't get in to that storage area. To double down you could bolt a hand gun safe into this secure storage area.

ivanidea

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
Occupation
IT
There is no need to purchase the Tuffy (or similar) system as you can securely store items in the rear cargo area storage compartment. It is located underneath the rear load floor. To access the storage compartment, you must first unlock and open the rear tailgate and then lift up on the cargo strap at the rear of the cargo area.

When the tailgate is closed and locked (even with the doors and top off) you can't get in to that storage area. To double down you could bolt a hand gun safe into this secure storage area.
This is why I want to remove the subwoofer from the cargo area, so I can have some extra storage space. It seems like I'm the only one though....

ivanidea

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
Occupation
IT
My sub-woofer is on the side, not in the storage compartment. It was in that spot in my JKU.
It's in the floor in the 2 door models. It looks like I have to take up the carpet and side panels to try and find where the cable runs to.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
What are the thoughts about the Diabolical Slipstream and storing a gun in there? Mine seems pretty secure, but I haven't seriously tried to get into it. I do imagine if I climbed up on top of the deck and jumped my fatass could crash through it pretty easily.
Sponsored