Not open for further replies.

JaxPilot

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito! Sahara 2.0L Turbo
@Springtail , you mentioned that your lifepod was secured to the tailgate rack by 4, 1/4" bolts and steel backing plates. I presume that you had to drill holes in the bottom of the lifepod? Did that compromise the waterproof integrity?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Springtail

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
@Springtail , you mentioned that your lifepod was secured to the tailgate rack by 4, 1/4" bolts and steel backing plates. I presume that you had to drill holes in the bottom of the lifepod? Did that compromise the waterproof integrity?
Yes...technically it is no longer "water-proof" which means that it could be dropped in a lake and not take on any water. By definition....it is now merely water-resistant. If you are worried about it taking on any water in a heavy storm, you could slap a bit of silicone seal on the bolts and you would be safe from any water intrusion.

iboostgti335

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Anyone have a photo of a full size fitting in a tuffy console box? Just looking at pictures of the product, I have to say it looks small..

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Yes...technically it is no longer "water-proof" which means that it could be dropped in a lake and not take on any water. By definition....it is now merely water-resistant. If you are worried about it taking on any water in a heavy storm, you could slap a bit of silicone seal on the bolts and you would be safe from any water intrusion.
Guns are pretty much water proof anyways. Unless your daily carry is a musket. Hell I clean my guns in the dishwasher.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.