DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Dash indication of locked and unlock will work. The "in-transit" function will not work.

You select lockers off, the locker will indicate off, but may not be physically unlocked in the diff.

The harness will work to select the lockers, but will not give you a true indication of the locker plate position. You will have to do that by feel while the Jeep is moving.
That makes perfect sense.
Sponsored

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
The harness will work to select the lockers, but will not give you a true indication of the locker plate position. You will have to do that by feel while the Jeep is moving.
Goofy question....how do you feel if the lockers are on or not? I've never had lockers before and figured it would be a good skill to have.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Goofy question....how do you feel if the lockers are on or not? I've never had lockers before and figured it would be a good skill to have.
With the front, it will be VERY hard to steer. Moreso than when just in 4wd. In the rear, you will hear and feel a tire sliding or making a grinding sound in the dirt/gravel when you turn, again, moreso than when just in 4wd.

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I don’t understand why everyone thinks the Zauto harness is the fix once the sensor has failed. From my understanding is the zauto harness just removes the service locker indication from your dash but the lockers could still lock or unlock without any input of the driver which if the locker is locked could cause some damage!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t understand why everyone thinks the Zauto harness is the fix once the sensor has failed. From my understanding is the zauto harness just removes the service locker indication from your dash but the lockers could still lock or unlock without any input of the driver which if the locker is locked could cause some damage!
That scenario is unlikely.

But I have it for 2 reasons. 1 to keep from losing lockers in the middle of a trip, and 2, as a stop gap until the sensor is available as a replacement part. In other words, an insurance policy.

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
With the front, it will be VERY hard to steer. Moreso than when just in 4wd. In the rear, you will hear and feel a tire sliding or making a grinding sound in the dirt/gravel when you turn, again, moreso than when just in 4wd.
I can testify to this while troubleshooting my issues with the driveshaft turning in 2WD.

I went into 4L and locked my lockers--I could not turn the steering wheel much at all in either direction.

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just got a call from my dealer. As mentioned, I towed my camper (3500lbs) ~4000 miles or so. It happened halfway through the trip, erratically.

They replaced the sensor because oil was found in it. That did not fix the issue. They replaced another electrical part, with no change - the light is still on. They just told me they are going to replace the entire rear differential.

My dealership is amazing and has followed through with everything they've said, been proactive with everything (ordered the second part after replacing the sensor, even though the sensor fixed it temporarily). I have no complaint and 100% trust them, so there's that. What I don't trust is the replacement fixing the actual issue.

@JeepCares why hasn't this issue been resolved yet? Why does it exist, to begin with? JK's had no issues with this.

Is there something where we can file a complaint so Jeep gets off their asses and fixes this issue for real? I get it, I'm towing a heavy camper - but if I had a gladiator, with a higher towing capacity, this issue would still happen.

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought the sensor was not available as a standalone part. Did the dealer paperwork indicate a part number?
It is now. Part # 68400411-AA ACTUATOR. Says:
"REPLACE SOP PARTS.
RELACED REAR DIFFERENTIAL PASS THROUGH CONNECTOR HARNESS
AND CLEAR ROAD FAULTS, ROAD TEST AND NO FAULTS RETURNED"

I assume that part is what people are having issues with.

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
It is now. Part # 68400411-AA ACTUATOR.

This is what returned on search:

Jeep Wrangler JL Locker Position Sensor Potting - DANA 44 Screenshot_20210916-160315_Chrome

I don't think this is the same part everyone else is talking about.

Sponsored

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
"REPLACE SOP PARTS.

Unfortunately, that part looks to come back as the connector.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
"REPLACE SOP PARTS.

Nope. That's not the sensor, it is nothing more than a connector that sits in the axle housing allowing the internal wires to connect to the external harness.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a call from my dealer. As mentioned, I towed my camper (3500lbs) ~4000 miles or so. It happened halfway through the trip, erratically.

They replaced the sensor because oil was found in it. That did not fix the issue. They replaced another electrical part, with no change - the light is still on. They just told me they are going to replace the entire rear differential.

My dealership is amazing and has followed through with everything they've said, been proactive with everything (ordered the second part after replacing the sensor, even though the sensor fixed it temporarily). I have no complaint and 100% trust them, so there's that. What I don't trust is the replacement fixing the actual issue.

@JeepCares why hasn't this issue been resolved yet? Why does it exist, to begin with? JK's had no issues with this.

Is there something where we can file a complaint so Jeep gets off their asses and fixes this issue for real? I get it, I'm towing a heavy camper - but if I had a gladiator, with a higher towing capacity, this issue would still happen.
They replaced the sensor or the whole axle? The sensors have been unobtainable thus far.

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, they also replaced 68483374-AC. They said the next replacement is the entire axle.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, they also replaced 68483374-AC. They said the next replacement is the entire axle.
Ah...ok. They replaced the transfer case control module. The electronic locker sensor is not available separately.
Sponsored