Let's talk coffee, what is your set up?

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
I use a Moka Pot on my Jet Boiler with the pan adapter. Any recommendations on a portable grinder for taking camping/hikes? Looking at saving on size and weight.
Sponsored

dustdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Melitta No. 2 cone!

Makes a superb cup of coffee. Filters readily available. Super quick and easy, doesn't need water to clean up afterward (handy on desert trips), and doesn't require any special gadgets or anything- just boil water and you are good to go.

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's talk coffee, what is your set up? melitta_No2cone.JPG

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I just use a stainless steel double walled french press. Simple, durable, and excellent coffee. The glass one I used to use broke in the mess box. Grind the coffee before I leave then use a 1 heaping spoonfull / cup.

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's talk coffee, what is your set up? 1594155326638

Punkn18

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018.5 JL
We have a 2020 NOBO 10.6 off road. We bought a plain Jane percolator from Walmart. The cheapest we could find. If you don’t overfill the water line and keep the coffee light it won’t get the grounds into the good stuff. Sorry no
Pictures as it’s packed away in the camper. The plan was to use it over the fire but that propane stovetop fits the bill just fine

Punkn18

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018.5 JL
We have a 2020 NOBO 10.6 off road. We bought a plain Jane percolator from Walmart. The cheapest we could find. If you don’t overfill the water line and keep the coffee light it won’t get the grounds into the good stuff. Sorry no
Pictures as it’s packed away in the camper. The plan was to use it over the fire but that propane stovetop fits the bill just fine
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's talk coffee, what is your set up? 339F6416-8B8F-4D53-854D-9119703A9DEE

Sponsored

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
My no fuss, on the road / coronavirus avoiding people coffee set up is Starbucks singles with some milk in the cooler.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Rather than starting a new thread...
Do any of you recommend a single burner for boiling water? Not a lot of water, maybe a quart at a time (definitely under ten minutes!).
Does anyone use an electric one?

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Do any of you recommend a single burner for boiling water? Not a lot of water, maybe a quart at a time (definitely under ten minutes!).
If you just want to boil water, get a Jetboil or similar. Walmart even makes one now. They are super fast and use those little backpacking fuel canisters.

flyingyogi

First Name
yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep sahara ecodiesel
I use this for boiling water, works well and does double duty for usb charging.

CampStove2_1_large.jpg

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Anyone seen anything made for outdoors that uses a pod and can be powered from 12v? I don't need anything fancy, i personally hate coffee but I need caffeine and am allergic to energy drinks.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I used to swear by the French press method... until I discovered Aeropress. Leaps and bounds better in taste and cleanup. Consistent results.
By the way, ordered the Jetboil Flash. Thanks for the rec!

Jetboil, Javapresse manual grinder, Aeropress. And an Aeroccino. I’m all set.

Fuzzy Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
New camping setup test, Black Rifle instant sticks are good! Way better than the Starbucks Via in both taste and texture. They fully dissolve compared to the Via which was always a bit gritty to me.

Jetboil Flash had the water boiling in the time it took me to open the coffee box, way better than an open pot on the old Coleman stove!

EE7CC0E0-9655-43A5-A87A-C901FE4B891C.jpeg
cannot recommend this enough. .it is super efficient and im using a med size fuel canister and it has lasted multiple trips so far. ..boils water even at elevation in mere minutes. ..by far the best one i have used.....

i also bought the french press adapter for the large can and it makes enough for 2 travel mugs.

Last edited:

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
This may already be known, but the Jetboil fuel cans are only $5-6 at REI stores compared to $20 at Amazon. Thing I learned today.
Sponsored