Advertisement

dustdriver

Specs, Mods, Photos

MODEL YEAR
2018
MAKE
Jeep
MODEL / TRIM
Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
COLOR
Sting-Gray
ENGINE
2.0L 4-cyl Turbo eTorque
TRANSMISSION
8 speed auto
PACKAGES
Cold weather group, LED lights, Alpine premium audio w/8.4 nav, steel bumpers, etc.
MODS - WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES
These factory BFG KO2's are outstanding tires for all-season use (bonus is the "3-peak mountain snowflake" rating, which is considered the same as a studded tire here in Oregon). However, if BFG eventually offers a KM3 in 285/70/17 in a C-rating, I will probably switch. I've owned a lot of tires and BFG's have earned my loyalty.
MODS - TIRE SIZE
Stock (Factory Tire Size)
MODS - SUSPENSION / CHASSIS
None necessary
MODS - LIFT HEIGHT
Stock (Factory Height)
MODS - POWERTRAIN / DRIVETRAIN
None necessary
MODS - EXTERIOR
Warn Zeon 10-S winch with Factor55 hardware; Ceramic tinted (50%) both front door windows for UV protection (protect your skin!)
MODS - INTERIOR
Hi-Lift jack on Dominion Off-Road Stealth Hi-Lift Mount w/accessory bars and hand tools; Mopar grab handles, Quadratec door entry guards
MODS - IN-CAR ELECTRONICS
RAM ball mount, fitted to the driver's side freedom top panel front latch (phone, GPS, etc.)
MODS - SOFTWARE / TUNE / PROGRAMMER
Not necessary
HISTORY / EXPERIENCE / COMMENTS
This is my 4th Jeep (2000 TJ, 2008 JKU, 2014 JKU, and now this one).

I spent thousands of $$$ on my previous Jeeps, modding them to do what this one is ready to do straight from the factory and under warranty. This is how I think Rubicons should always have been made in the first place: front and rear lockers, basic armor, and 33's that don't rub (even when the anti-sway bar is disconnected!). It should do 90% of what I want to do, without any mods necessary (the other 10% should make me pause anyway!). Purrs down the highway, snarls on the trails. (24 MPG!? More like 17, but hey, I'll take it.) Probably THE most versatile vehicle ever made, if you demand variety and capability in one rig that does it all.

BTW, the first JLUR I drove was a 6-speed, 6-cyl., but it seemed mismatched, the shifter was not ergonomically friendly, and the combo just didn't drive well (maybe it was a fluke, or specific to the Rubicon, I don't know...). A couple months later, on a bored day I test drove a JLUR 4-cylinder turbo with the automatic, and was blown away. As much as I like driving a stick, Jeep got it right with this combo, IMO.




Advertisement




Item information

Added by
dustdriver
Views
766
Comments
1
Last update

More in Rubicon Unlimited

Share this item

Top