Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
I make it using a pour-over, the same way that I usually make it at home. I didn't buy this stove exclusively for coffee but since I have it, I'm using it. The windscreen is essential if you use a stove like this. without it it takes over 15 minutes to boil water and right around 8 with the windscreen. the biggest difference between this and coffee at home is that at home i grind the beans fresh and this way I pre grind them but it's the same coffee. Whatever I'm really enjoying at the time. One of my favorites is Bella Donovan by Blue Bottle. Since it's just boiled water and coffee, I could easily swap the Aeropress or a rugged French Press but I just prefer pour over.

Stove: Snowpeak Giga power 2.o
Windscreen: Solostove Aluminum windscreen
Kettle: Hario V60 ------ I already had this but I'd get something more packable if I didn't.
Pourover : Started with a hario V60 but I found this foldable Snowpeak one. Black Rifle Coffee Company makes one that I'd like to try out as well.
Filter: I'm using Chemex filters now. some of the cheaper filters aren't quite rugged enough to pack but the Chemex ones don't have a pressed seam to rip, they are really strong.
mug : Snowpeak H-450 double walled mug.

Snowpeak.jpg

snowpeak2.jpg
this is a fantastic set up! Great job. This guy gets it!

I am a coffee roaster and q grader. Pour over method is the best bet for making a
Simple and good cup. Hario v60 or Chemex are best.Buy a good portable burr grinder. Blade grinders suck for consistency so don't waste your money on them. You can also i believe but i haven't tested , run a simple dripper like mr coffee off of the outlet in the wrangler. Haven't tried it yet but It will work if you have a big audience. Good water is paramount so make sure you have delicious water with around 250-320ppm of magnesium and potassium. Basically a light mineral water. Of course well sourced one week off roast coffee that is well sourced is also a must. I travel many times a year all over the world to find interesting coffees . Most times off road for hours to get to farms in south america , ethiopia etc. We sell online pm if you are interested and we can get you what you want.
Sponsored

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
Martin...I just yesterday purchased at Bass Pro Shop the GSI Coffee Rocket (about $10), and I already love it! I'm very particular about my Java in the morning, and this thing does not disappoint. I tried it right here at home figuring that if i wasn't satisfied, I'd simply return it today. But I'm definitely keeping it. So simple, easy to clean, easy to pack, and though not 'super' quick, it's plenty fast enough for me. For my first time using it this morning, I went from zero (meaning that I hadn't yet boiled the water) to my favorite dark roast with cream in 8:10. The actual time between pouring the hot water into the funnel and having your coffee is 2-3 minutes..

IMG_20200203_141118.jpg

IMG_20200204_081122.jpg

IMG_20200204_090713.jpg

IMG_20200204_090740.jpg

IMG_20200204_090849.jpg

IMG_20200204_091056.jpg
This looks like a cool setup with no filter and really packable. I watched a video just to see how to use it. The boiling time for water is obviously a separate issue but you could probably adjust the time it takes to make coffee by adjusting the grind. Finer would make it slower and coarser would be faster. Having coffee in your cup 3 minutes after you pour is great. I may even want it to take a little longer but that's all personal preference. I might look into one of these just to keep in the Jeep.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
That's a wild way to put that.
I see you edited your post. For starters you can usually make 1 cup at a time. My wife and I both have coffee so already that’s too much work to have to clean after each serving. Secondly, you have to boil water in a separate container and then pour into another. I get the whole “Overland” fad of have unique specialized coffee press gadgets by GSI etc. But honestly its all overpriced plastic crap. But that’s my opinion. If I were by myself I can their uses maybe. But that’s why I just put my opinion and just another option for people to think about.

Sponsored

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
I see you edited your post. For starters you can usually make 1 cup at a time. My wife and I both have coffee so already that’s too much work to have to clean after each serving. Secondly, you have to boil water in a separate container and then pour into another. I get the whole “Overland” fad of have unique specialized coffee press gadgets by GSI etc. But honestly its all overpriced plastic crap. But that’s my opinion. If I were by myself I can their uses maybe. But that’s why I just put my opinion and just another option for people to think about.
Yeah I completely disagree with you and was pretty salty but in the end its just our opinions so I changed it. I still disagree but I'd drink percolator coffee with you on the trail if you offered.

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Rumblefish

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I prefer espresso's, especially when I'm out on the trails. I don't like having to bring the group to a halt for pee breaks. Anyway, my wife got me this little manual maker. Just add hot water and an Nespresso capsule. I dilute it if I want a normal cup of coffee.

2020-02-14_14-45-52.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rumblefish

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
I prefer espresso's, especially when I'm out on the trails. I don't like having to bring the group to a halt for pee breaks. Anyway, my wife got me this little manual maker. Just add hot water and an Nespresso capsule. I dilute it if I want a normal cup of coffee.

2020-02-14_14-45-52.png
hahah "DILUTE" and coffee should NEVER be used in the same sentence! :CWL::CWL::LOL::LOL::LOL::surprised::surprised:

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I haven’t tried the Rye but I do love this one

D5C8BA54-2F13-41BF-8D1B-CD2A566DD53B.jpeg

Ohhh. I haven’t had that one yet. Off to the store I go.