Sponsored

Let's be honest here...

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
Wait a minute your crappy garage has a Ford GT and a Lamborghini in it. Never mind the man cave that’s more than my house!
Thanks, they are both thrilling to drive.
Sponsored

Baconator

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
I get this guy. When I take pics, I use android to erase pretty much everything but the subject if it's going online.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Thanks, they are both thrilling to drive.
I have done that occasionally on exotic car websites, and get envious....until I find out that what they pay for these man caves add up to another car......so I'll hang on to my crappy garage

IMG_0068 small.jpg
This first follow-on 2003 production model is my favorite. It really captures the look of the MKII cars that Ford won LeMans with, before the big ugly J-cars.

When I was in my late teens (1975ish), I worked in a race cylinder head shop and I became good friends with the neighbor in another unit. He was a Kiwi that had worked for Shelby during the 60s. Some interesting exotic cars would come and go in his little shop. I found a picture of him working on a MK II. RIP Steele Therkelson
20230319_110912.jpg

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
No matter how I try to keep mine all tidy and organized, it doesn't stay that way long. I wonder about these garage pics you see with a perfectly epoxied floor and perfect paint with nothing but a couple of high dollar spotless cars inside. I guess if I had that kind of money, I wouldn't do any work on them either. Well, actually I would.

Some of them look like display dioramas, where everything is to be seen, not touched. Around here, in the fancy neighborhoods, some people like to get their fancy cars out on a nice day and back them angled on the driveway. I had a neighbor once, when I lived in town, who would start his Harley up every Saturday and pull it out into the driveway. He would clean and polish it, then put it away around sundown. He rarely rode it and when he did he'd be back in 5 minutes. I never understood it. And since I thought that was weird, I never talked to him about it.
Some folks have a need to be “admired/envied” and think the way to do that is to have a shiny toy to show off. They’ll buy a cycle, put thousands of $$ in chrome on it and add straight pipes so everybody’ll see them. They’ll have the machine for years but when they sell it the lies on the odo will be Very low. In our group we see the same stuff with heavily modded Jeeps that never get dirty.
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I’m the guy that’s more impressed by a bike with 100k on the clock or that Jeep that’s got honest mud on it from running down the road.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Before I had a garage I parked the Harley in the family room. When I got married she didn’t want it in the house. But it was there first, made a good decoration. 😁

Robby Robot

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nathantothrow.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU, Roush 2 Mustang, Triumph T-Bird
Occupation
KZ4KNR | Business Intelligence Consultant
Who else spends more time admiring photos of other people's garages rather than the jeeps in them ?
Forget the haters. I get it. On my run through the neighborhood, I regularly pass by (and envy) a house with an attached three-car garage and a detached two-car garage with a shop upstairs. Oh what I could do with such a layout.

Yawnie'sPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLUR, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
LOL anyone who looks at my pics of Jeep in garage and focuses on the GARAGE needs to see a doctor if they are checking the garage out and not the Jeeps - or they must be junk collectors or have a thing for hoarders.

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's be honest here... 20230302_155112_HDR

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's be honest here... 20230302_155125_HDR

Even my shop is a DISASTER!

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's be honest here... 20190512_154657_HDR

mtbjeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
LOL anyone who looks at my pics of Jeep in garage and focuses on the GARAGE needs to see a doctor if they are checking the garage out and not the Jeeps - or they must be junk collectors or have a thing for hoarders.

20230302_155112_HDR.jpg

20230302_155125_HDR.jpg

Even my shop is a DISASTER!

20190512_154657_HDR.jpg
“Even my shop is a disaster”. All right now you’re just rubbing it in. I’d kill flipper for a shop, let alone a garage!

Here is a pic of my garage floor:
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's be honest here... BC3909BC-00E9-4D59-B0AF-5CAF4098F909

And here is the ceiling where I attach my hardtop hoist:
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's be honest here... A3E19871-4898-4EF1-AFDF-1EC70768C54C

And here is the side wall where I store my gear and tools:
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's be honest here... EDF048F5-7C16-4869-AE62-8FAE1D172860

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Forget the haters. I get it. On my run through the neighborhood, I regularly pass by (and envy) a house with an attached three-car garage and a detached two-car garage with a shop upstairs. Oh what I could do with such a layout.
Same here, I see people with 3 car garages and think how I would have kept my Mustang and Harley if I had that extra space, then they open the garage door and it's filled to the brim with crap.

I'm like I got 2 cars, a motorcycle, a toolbox, workbench, lawnmower, garden tools, holiday decorations and a bunch of other misc things in my 2 car garage, and these people have a 3 car garage and can't get 1 car in them.

I do check out some garage setups, always looking for a more efficient setup or ideas.

Sponsored

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I love seeing bad ass garages. Then again, my definition of a bad ass garage is one that has a ton of well used tools, a lift, someplace to sit and have a beer, and workbenches with tons of stickers on them.

I’m pretty proud of my little garage. I wish I could park the Jeep in it to wrench, but we have racks for storage in there that make it too tight of a fit. Eventually we will be putting in a shed that will free up a ton of space. I don’t keep junk, we just don’t have very good storage in our house. It’s the one complaint I have.

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
“Even my shop is a disaster”. All right now you’re just rubbing it in. I’d kill flipper for a shop, let alone a garage!

Here is a pic of my garage floor:

And here is the ceiling where I attach my hardtop hoist:

And here is the side wall where I store my gear and tools:
Damn, you definitely need to get some work done in there…..I feel better about mine now

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
No matter how I try to keep mine all tidy and organized, it doesn't stay that way long. I wonder about these garage pics you see with a perfectly epoxied floor and perfect paint with nothing but a couple of high dollar spotless cars inside. I guess if I had that kind of money, I wouldn't do any work on them either. Well, actually I would.
Yeah, no matter how hard I try, my workbench never stays clean. I clean it up after I finish a project, and then it's cluttered with things I'm using on the next project.

I think I need to find a better wall organization system. Just too lazy to take down the 2 cabinets on the wall above my workbench now, that too get cluttered with the stuff I throw in from my workbench. :)

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
I have done that occasionally on exotic car websites, and get envious....until I find out that what they pay for these man caves add up to another car......so I'll hang on to my crappy garage

Don't think you got room for that GT, I will come get and I got some room for it. I will down in Houston in Dec on business and I will pick it up and take to the barn far ya...

28x78
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's be honest here... barn star