Sponsored

People that have gone from "sporty" rides to a Wrangler... be honest now... do you regret it?

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I have owned 4x4’s and/or muscle cars since I started driving in 67 (legally, off road in CJ3A sooner) even built a CJ5 into an off road/muscle car. 392 fills the off road/muscle car/fun convertible very well 😊 the only “sports car” was a Corvette, it was the slowest “car” I have owned (a Blue Flame 6 54)
Sponsored

Last edited:

KIZEMAN

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4xe High Altitude - '18 Range Rover Sport SVR
My other car is a Range Rover with a supercharged V8 - 570hp/505ftlbs torque. I've always loved the sound and feel of a roaring engine. When I test drove the 4xe last year I was shocked at how much I liked the quiet and smooth ride on electric. Plus there nothing like peeling the roof off and getting some sun in one of these.

I'm a first time Jeep owner and I doubt I'll ever know a day without one in the garage.

Haberrj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I've driven "sporty" cars my entire life, but the new JL is beyond cool in more ways than I can count. It also checks my 2 biggest boxes... a top that can open up AND 4WD (something not common on many sporty cars). I'm really, really tempted to go from my Mustang to a Wrangler when I make my next auto change, but I'm afraid once the "newness" wears off I'll miss my sporty ride. I realize that this kind of a conundrum is something that is personal to each person, but is there anybody else out there that has made a similar leap? In the end, how do you feel about your decision? Thanks for your time and comments!
Well it all depends on you, what are you looking for in a ride is it your daily driver. I have been fortunate to be able to have a mustang a corvette and a wrangler. The wrangler is my daily and I really enjoy driving it even though it’s not the most desirable auto to drive dsily. It’s all about you I have owned 5, 4 door wrangles like they say it’s a Jeep thing not a perfect thing they do have their draw backs like most vehicles.

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
I have owned six Camaro's in my life. From a 79 (first ride) to a '13. To this day I still love the rumble of a V8. Nothing beats it. However, I wouldnt go back to driving sports cars from my Jeep. If for some reason I couldnt have a Jeep Id go back to a truck. But at this time, I love taking the top off and going for a drive. These are amazingly fun.

Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Im on my 4th harley, 2nd full touring bike that has had some work done. I love it. dont care what anyone else says this one will always be my baby. I had an 05 GTO 6spd that i traded in to get my previous jeep. not gonna lie, i miss the GTO. I liked my previous jeep but hated the clutch. I do love the flexibility of the jeep, kind of a do it all vehicle. hopefully in a couple years ill either buy a corvette or another muscle car and have all 3 worlds, the bike, car, and jeep.

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
The 392 will (by far) be the slowest vehicle in my garage (well the 392 will be an outside rig) when it arrives. But I think it will be fun to drive anyway. And my first new American car since 1992.

Matanzas

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have owned six Camaro's in my life. From a 79 (first ride) to a '13. To this day I still love the rumble of a V8. Nothing beats it. However, I wouldnt go back to driving sports cars from my Jeep. If for some reason I couldnt have a Jeep Id go back to a truck. But at this time, I love taking the top off and going for a drive. These are amazingly fun.
Loved my ‘78. Donuts on your lawn!
Jeep Wrangler JL People that have gone from "sporty" rides to a Wrangler... be honest now... do you regret it? Can

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
Loved my ‘78. Donuts on your lawn!
Jeep Wrangler JL People that have gone from "sporty" rides to a Wrangler... be honest now... do you regret it? Can
Mine was a Berlinetta also. Was a POS when I paid $1200 for her. Engine and tranny was good but had issues in a lot of other places. When she got wrecked in 94, she was midnight metallic blue with white pin stripes and only need carpet and a console lid to be 100% cherry. I loved that car.

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
I've driven "sporty" cars my entire life, but the new JL is beyond cool in more ways than I can count. It also checks my 2 biggest boxes... a top that can open up AND 4WD (something not common on many sporty cars). I'm really, really tempted to go from my Mustang to a Wrangler when I make my next auto change, but I'm afraid once the "newness" wears off I'll miss my sporty ride. I realize that this kind of a conundrum is something that is personal to each person, but is there anybody else out there that has made a similar leap? In the end, how do you feel about your decision? Thanks for your time and comments!
I bought my first Corvette in '64, then in '65 I got into Jeeping for hunting, and ranch stuff, but nothing major, in fact did not even have a license plate on them.

I have NEVER owned a C-Dan in my life, what a worthless pice of junk they are.. I see the Jeep as just as sporty as a Corvette only in a different way. Now if they come out with a Corvette with take off doors and a automatic lift, WOW they maybe something...till then I just go back and forth.

Sponsored

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
Have owned the following "sporty cars", all manual transmission equipped:

1. 1989 ex Florida State trooper notchback mustang. Built 302 (punched over to 306) with AFR heads etc
2. Mitsubishi Eclipse AWD with bigger turbo, full exhaust , act clutch etc
3. Fox body hatchback with ported heads, E303 cam, vortech supercharger etc
4. Camaro Z28 with stock LS motor
5. 2003 Corvette Z06 with tune and exhaust
6. E60 BMW M5

After the BMW, my oldest daughter was 1 year old and I realized I no longer wanted to drive with gusto and slow down.

After a couple of years break, bought my 2021 JLUR 6-speed.

Some of the mods:
-AEV 2.5 lift, front and rear bumpers
-CFII clutch
-4.88 gears
-37 KM3s

Have come to really enjoy the dual purpose of the Jeep, from commuting in traffic to taking the top off in the summer and driving the girls to their games and then doing this:
Jeep Wrangler JL People that have gone from "sporty" rides to a Wrangler... be honest now... do you regret it? 20230311_124615

Jeep Wrangler JL People that have gone from "sporty" rides to a Wrangler... be honest now... do you regret it? 20230311_134509

Jeep Wrangler JL People that have gone from "sporty" rides to a Wrangler... be honest now... do you regret it? 4347AFFE-E857-4D68-84D2-1BF63C8FF812

Zero regrets and really enjoy the adventure.

Happy Jeepin!

mantronics

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep unlimited Sahara
2015 Genesis to 2020 Sahara. 🍻 No regrets. The fun is in customizing the jeep👍🏼

8EBD67A5-1941-4FA0-92E9-BBDA1AC22A6F.jpeg

3E829CB7-F773-40A4-B6F6-CE2984E318B9.jpeg

Magredvet

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler Rubicon
I went from an F type convertible, to the current Rubicon, and have no regrets. The Jag was taken out once in a blue moon, as it was so impractical. If we went anywhere, especially with the dogs we needed to take the truck. Now we use the Jeep as often as the truck. If I feel the need for speed, I still have my modded SRT6, which is quick enough...😁

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
I've had some fun cars, some with very comfortable suspension and some built to handle canyons (very stiff).
My JKUR was stiff with the teraflex and fox 2.0.
My JLURD is very smooth, still stock but have 37s. Metalcloak GC coming soon.

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
Have owned the following "sporty cars", all manual transmission equipped:

1. 1989 ex Florida State trooper notchback mustang. Built 302 (punched over to 306) with AFR heads etc

Happy Jeepin!
Jeep Wrangler JL People that have gone from "sporty" rides to a Wrangler... be honest now... do you regret it? DSC00892-vi

I had an '89 Oregon State Police for a few years. Nice original paint and I'd dress it up for car shows with magnetic stickers.
Sponsored