OP

392scat

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 challenger scat pack
Thank you everyone for all your impressions! Very cool! So I went and test drove a 2021 4 door rubicon today and I have to say I did not love it the way I did the Bronco. I like the interior and the dash isnā€™t as bad in person as it looks online. The steering ā€œissuesā€ are wildly exaggerated but the steering does wander a bit so you have to drive it more than a traditional vehicle, not an issue. 2.0L is perfectly adequate and actually enjoyable to drive. My biggest issue was the interior space, I just donā€™t remember it feeling that small. I looked it up and somehow the older one was smaller. Maybe it was nostalgia, beer or the fact we never had doors on that made it not feel that small. Iā€™m going to weigh my options and see how I feel moving forward. Iā€™m not very tall, 5ā€™7ā€ ish so I have to move the seat forward to reach the pedals and that makes it feel like Iā€™m on top of the dash. My left arm felt cramped and the only way it was comfortable was out the window which explains while every single Jeep person drives like that lol. Also the dash feels so small and the windshield feels so close to your face. Decisions to make!! Having the top on might have changed some of that because I drove a Bronco with the top down and I didnā€™t feel that tight. Itā€™s really weird as well because having driven both vehicle the Bronco felt massive (35ā€™s might have attributed to that belief) but the posted dimensions are within 1-2ā€ in almost every single dimension. I canā€™t imagine 1-2ā€ of shoulder space could feel that different. Time to go test drive some more Broncos and see if Iā€™m crazy šŸ˜‚

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
Lol I had to read your comment multiple times. So you traded in the HC for the Jeep and then traded in the Jeep for a 392 Jeep? That would be ideal but at 75K itā€™s a non starter lol.
Sold the Hellcat and ordered the 392. I still have my Sublime Jeep to drive now then will trade her in when the 392 arrives.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If your decision is going to hinge on how cramped your left arm feels, all I have to say is please log off, go to the nearest Ford dealer and order a Bronco.

Then set up an appointment with your realtor and tell her you want to buy a waterfront piece of land.

Shop around, buy the land and hire an architect. Once you agree on the home design hire a contractor to build you the house.

The builder will finish your beautiful home before Ford builds your Bronco... šŸ˜«

Sponsored

OP
OP

392scat

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your decision is going to hinge on how cramped your left arm feels, all I have to say is please log off, go to the nearest Ford dealer and order a Bronco.

Then set up an appointment with your realtor and tell her you want to buy a waterfront piece of land.

Shop around, buy the land and hire an architect. Once you agree on the home design hire a contractor to build you the house.

The builder will finish your beautiful home before Ford builds your Bronco... šŸ˜«
If my decision is going to hinge on how comfortable I am driving the car I should buy a water front piece of land? Donā€™t worry I already have 2 Bronco reservations from 36 years ago so if I choose to go that route I can.

Anyone have any good water front home recommendations? No east coast though.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any good water front home recommendations? No east coast though.
Iā€™d check with your Ford salesman. They got to sell something while all those Broncos are being built.

OP
OP

392scat

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™d check with your Ford salesman. They got to sell something while all those Broncos are being built.
A smart business man/woman goes where the markets hot!

Anyone know any realtor/Ford car salesman in Colorado they can recommend?

MudHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon (Bright White)
I know, thatā€™s kind of the crappy part. When I bought the Challenger I said, ā€œI never want to get rid of this!ā€ Now Iā€™m considering of doing just that for a vehicle that definitely wonā€™t be my last. Thatā€™s a big concern for me because then itā€™s a never ending pattern of paying a car payment.

Welcome to being an enthusiast. It never ends. Honestly. Just suck it up and enjoy the rides. :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.