Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I swear in my JKU sahara white I had somebody say nice Jeep once a day.. I have had my sting gray JLU rubicon for a month, it’s lifted with 35s and have not had one person comment on it.. anyone else experience this? I think my rig is awesome, wondering if it’s too cool and people don’t talk to me because they think I am a douchebag for having a cool rig lol

0EB3EB0A-B863-4B2D-9982-8D9886CDC161.jpeg
Admitting Michael to not read this entire thread a quick story.

Out for a walk one day I commented to an outside homeowner how great I thought their new copper gutters looked.

Yes, they'll tarnish eventually but those in the know still say nothing beats copper. The homeowner retorted, "yeah thanks, but look at my 'XYZ' it's a wreck," to which I replied, "I'm not comfortable criticizing anyone's home but my own."

And so too do I take this approach with other's modded Wranglers. We mod to our tastes, which sometimes change. To criticize the rig risks coming too close to criticizing the owner. I wouldn't want someone to do that to me, not that mine is so modded or that I'm anything but fine with the idea of 'to each their own.'

I would though stop you, as I suspect others have in so many words above, and ask you, "Why do you mod, and you don't expect large numbers of people to comment do you, assuming they like the direction you've taken, right?"

The mods are for you, and perhaps those who share your ride. In the sense that their nobody else's business, praise and blame here are one and the same: just someone else's opinion who doesn't ride with you.

Enjoy your rig. Enjoy the occasional thumbs up. Ignore the rest.

#RefrainFromCriticizingAnother'sWrangler
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
This is true. Tragically, ‘toaster people’ in general are also a dying breed.

Thinking about getting this retro one in Mojito color, not a big fan of bikini, but I think Mojito might be discontinued. I figured if I got this one instead of the rubitoast I'd get a few bucks extra to spend on aftermarket mods. Also might add a small lift so that I can reach it easily. Adding 10 inch AT's so I can drag it around camp, not like crazy rock-crawling but I don't want a housewife toaster. Adding a steel guard around the edges so the bagels stay in place is also in my budget. LED package is cool for weekend night snacks after a few drinks, but not sure yet. My buddy said he didn't have the LED package, he was drunk and burnt himself bad. What do you guys think about the tech package with the touch screen and auto heat controls? also includes cooling, not sure for what though.

81sQTMk9YEL._SL1500_.jpg

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
You'd never go hard again? damn....

Man I've gotten compliments for my Sport. granite crystal (common color). And it is not even rigged yet :CWL:. Maybe it is the 2 door/real Jeep factor? :rock:

I think your Rubicon is perfect btw. Take the doors and top off and drive it around, you will get the compliments. People don't know what 35's are and all that. They don't even know what a Sahara or Rubicon are. This one time this guy was talking to me about my Jeep as I parked on the street, and was telling me that I had the off-roading version and that was cool... all they see is a "car that looks like a toy" and they say "cool Jeep!".

Haha so true!! I take the soft top down everyday almost... I have not messed with the doors.. even on my last two jeeps... I should probably do it , just to qualifying as a true Wrangler owner

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Admitting Michael to not read this entire thread a quick story.

Out for a walk one day I commented to an outside homeowner how great I thought their new copper gutters looked.

Yes, they'll tarnish eventually but those in the know still say nothing beats copper. The homeowner retorted, "yeah thanks, but look at my 'XYZ' it's a wreck," to which I replied, "I'm not comfortable criticizing anyone's home but my own."

And so too do I take this approach with other's modded Wranglers. We mod to our tastes, which sometimes change. To criticize the rig risks coming too close to criticizing the owner. I wouldn't want someone to do that to me, not that mine is so modded or that I'm anything but fine with the idea of 'to each their own.'

I would though stop you, as I suspect others have in so many words above, and ask you, "Why do you mod, and you don't expect large numbers of people to comment do you, assuming they like the direction you've taken, right?"

The mods are for you, and perhaps those who share your ride. In the sense that their nobody else's business, praise and blame here are one and the same: just someone else's opinion who doesn't ride with you.

Enjoy your rig. Enjoy the occasional thumbs up. Ignore the rest.

#RefrainFromCriticizingAnother'sWrangler
Thank you, that is very deep :)

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking about getting this retro one in Mojito color, not a big fan of bikini, but I think Mojito might be discontinued. I figured if I got this one instead of the rubitoast I'd get a few bucks extra to spend on aftermarket mods. Also might add a small lift so that I can reach it easily. Adding 10 inch AT's so I can drag it around camp, not like crazy rock-crawling but I don't want a housewife toaster. Adding a steel guard around the edges so the bagels stay in place is also in my budget. LED package is cool for weekend night snacks after a few drinks, but not sure yet. My buddy said he didn't have the LED package, he was drunk and burnt himself bad. What do you guys think about the tech package with the touch screen and auto heat controls? also includes cooling, not sure for what though.

81sQTMk9YEL._SL1500_.jpg
As long as you get fake beed locks on those 10" wheels, so the rocks know your serious.. i think it's a solid build. You want to opt for the upgrade battery pack engine, if you are going camping with it.

Sponsored

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue

81sQTMk9YEL._SL1500_.jpg
Wow!!! This toaster... man she is HOT! In fact, she is "SMOKIN"!

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Haha so true!! I take the soft top down everyday almost... I have not messed with the doors.. even on my last two jeeps... I should probably do it , just to qualifying as a true Wrangler owner
This is my 3rd Wrangler. Have never had the doors off either. I would definitely consider it if I lived in some remote area or was out in the Colorado mountains somewhere, but with the 7+ million population we have in the Dallas-Ft. Worth (DFW) area, man I don't feel safe with the doors off. Too much fuc*ing traffic!

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
This is my 3rd Wrangler. Have never had the doors off either. I would definitely consider it if I lived in some remote area or was out in the Colorado mountains somewhere, but with the 7+ million population we have in the Dallas-Ft. Worth (DFW) area, man I don't feel safe with the doors off. Too much fuc*ing traffic!
Vermont has 400,000 people. How do you deal ? Life is too short and obviously too crowded !

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
You should tell your doctor your testosterone levels are very low.

Jus sayn..

Aloyouis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU 2.0, 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0, 2018 Ford Focus ST 2.4

81sQTMk9YEL._SL1500_.jpg
This post can't get enough Likes...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.