Sponsored

Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep?

JAY1941

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
Yes, I have a lot of foreign people telling me “ this car is perfect for my country” which is awesom. I get ducks, comments at the gas station, thumbs up while driving, and the occasional Jeep owner that pulls up next to me and requests I roll down my window just so they can tell me I did a good job. There’s not shortage of love rolling on 37s. As a long time Jeep owner, it’s always something that brings likeminded people together.
Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
My XR is one of only 3 in the city. I constantly get complemented on the color and build. It’s actually quite interesting to hear that not many people realize that the XR 35” tire package is available from Factory.

4A88D2D8-A6FF-41BE-9273-5117B7B87108.jpeg

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? IMG_20221127_164059406
Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? IMG_20221127_164027908

So the average JL owner with a stock build who never Jeep waves, I get a lot of strange looks from those people who think I destroyed my Jeep.

I had one guy in a really nice part of town with a nice looking JT was literally awestrucked by the fact mine is a 3.0 EcoDiesel. He had said he'd never seen one before, it was pretty cool.

I'd say your average modded JL owners have mixed views of my Wrangler. Some people think it's cool, they really appreciate the custom mods I've been doing to it. I think everyone will agree that my rig is pretty crazy. I don't know, I think most people want to see a Jeep with a lift and a lot of mods you can buy in shops. People don't want to see DIY mods.

That being said when I'm in suburban areas and urban areas most people don't seem to get it. But the second I go out to the countryside, rural areas, I get a lot of love. It's definitely a Hick Rig!

drpericak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl JLU Rubicon
Occupation
dentist
The day I was driving my new Earl Gray Rubi I stopped for gas. A guy walking out with me asked if it was mine and said the color was awesome. I got that a lot with my Bikini Jeep too

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? VID_20221227_154032_01
Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? VID_20221227_154032_01

So the average JL owner with a stock build who never Jeep waves, I get a lot of strange looks from those people who think I destroyed my Jeep.

I had one guy in a really nice part of town with a nice looking JT was literally awestrucked by the fact mine is a 3.0 EcoDiesel. He had said he'd never seen one before, it was pretty cool.

I'd say your average modded JL owners have mixed views of my Wrangler. Some people think it's cool, they really appreciate the custom mods I've been doing to it. I think everyone will agree that my rig is pretty crazy. I don't know, I think most people want to see a Jeep with a lift and a lot of mods you can buy in shops. People don't want to see DIY mods.

That being said when I'm in suburban areas and urban areas most people don't seem to get it. But the second I go out to the countryside, rural areas, I get a lot of love. It's definitely a Hick Rig!
The epitome of you doing you and making it your own. Nice job! Agree that I've never seen one done like yours, and it definitely looks at home in the great outdoors. I'm sure you get some interesting looks. :CWL: I also think the sticker near the fuel point is hilarious. :like:

Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Define "unsolicited"...

I mean, having a JP-themed Jeep named INDOMINUS probably qualifies as solicited, but yes, I get many compliments... especially by people under 12 🤪

F2C44FEF-54B9-436C-949A-EF0155082566.jpeg

Archie PJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Punk"n
Roughly every 3-4 weeks, someone will compliment us on our Jeep, primarily due to it being Punk'n. It's stock except for the spare tire cover, lettering (its name) on the hood, and roof rack (and Blue Ox base plate). Factory or all loaded up with mods, people love Jeeps.

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
Yes, about once a week on the color - Bikini

Only other car I've had that got more attention was my TJ when it was painted like Jurassic park.

Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? 1672860631457

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
Happy New Year everyone!

Owning a Jeep is unlike most vehicles out there. Jeep Wranglers are highly visible and most of us enjoy the attention —and the validation— that comes with it.

About twice a month I get a thumbs up from someone stopped in the next lane.

In the three years I’ve owned my Sahara a dozen people complimented my Firecracker Red.

The feature that gets most attention are the vintage looking Jeep wheels, though. I had complete strangers come over to strike a conversation when I pull up at a gas station of walk away from the Jeep at a parking lot.

Just last night we were driving to a New Year celebration. When we come to a stop light, a couple in a white Ram 1500 next to us waves, points at my front wheel and gives me the thumbs up. They kept talking to each other, smiling and pointing at the wheel, until the wife pulled out her phone and took a photo before the light turned green. It was kinda funny.

I get compliments on the raised white letters less frequently but still some.

What compliments does your Jeep get?

Here’s a couple photos to make it official
While driving through Illinois I noticed a State Police vehicle speed up and get along side of me on the highway. When I looked over he gave me a thumbs up and a salute. I figured that was way better than flashing lights and a ticket. :)

1tonJL

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR
It's part of having a cool vehicle. Mine is super built so it sparks a lot of comments and conversations. Most of the time I'm happy to chat and recommend lifts etc for the Jeep someone just bought. There are times I just want to get gas and be incognito lol.
Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? 321298714_2797853923678946_3312590663066499078_n

Sponsored

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Yes, it happens, and almost always from women.

20221102_163521#2.jpg

JLUCQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I get WAY more compliments on my 392 than I do in my 2019 CTS-V which I wouldn’t have guessed would happen. I’ve had people stop dead in their tracks in the parking lot when they hear the 392 fire up.
Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? 5C722C72-A9EF-4E59-85B1-1897A6BC07D7

JAKE.JEEPER

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 High Altitude 4xe
Occupation
Finance Manager
I've gotten compliments on the 3 Wranglers I've owned, never on anything else. Especially my current one, a High Altitude 4xe just because of the additional painted accents on it.

macphisto13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT but wanting to add a Jeep to my stable
Happy New Year everyone!

Owning a Jeep is unlike most vehicles out there. Jeep Wranglers are highly visible and most of us enjoy the attention —and the validation— that comes with it.

In the three years I’ve owned my Sahara a dozen people complimented my Firecracker Red.

The feature that gets most attention are the vintage looking Jeep wheels, though. I had complete strangers come over to strike a conversation when I pull up at a gas station of walk away from the Jeep at a parking lot.

Just last night we were driving to a New Year celebration. When we come to a stop light, a couple in a white Ram 1500 next to us waves, points at my front wheel and gives me the thumbs up. They kept talking to each other, smiling and pointing at the wheel, until the wife pulled out her phone and took a photo before the light turned green. It was kinda funny.

Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? 5C722C72-A9EF-4E59-85B1-1897A6BC07D7

It's because your white wheels are fire! Love them!

EarleyBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU
Happy New Year everyone!

Did these wheels fit on your spare tire carrier? I saw someone with similar wheels who had that issue
Sponsored