Sponsored

Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Happy New Year everyone!

Owning a Jeep is unlike most vehicles out there. Jeep Wranglers are highly visible and most of us enjoy the attention —and the validation— that comes with it.

About twice a month I get a thumbs up from someone stopped in the next lane.

In the three years I’ve owned my Sahara a dozen people complimented my Firecracker Red.

The feature that gets most attention are the vintage looking Jeep wheels, though. I had complete strangers come over to strike a conversation when I pull up at a gas station of walk away from the Jeep at a parking lot.

Just last night we were driving to a New Year celebration. When we come to a stop light, a couple in a white Ram 1500 next to us waves, points at my front wheel and gives me the thumbs up. They kept talking to each other, smiling and pointing at the wheel, until the wife pulled out her phone and took a photo before the light turned green. It was kinda funny.

I get compliments on the raised white letters less frequently but still some.

What compliments does your Jeep get?

Here’s a couple photos to make it official
Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? 98FC9E4B-19D1-4740-89B2-B13B3AFDD569

Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? BB660669-E6EB-45E4-B633-7A0CC6CD8040
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pressuregarage

First Name
Kaimana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Operating Engineer Local 3
Ours gets the obvious stares and points.
Mainly people wondering how it’s so clean.
I’ve got pretty bad OCD
Also questions about the wheels, And if it even goes Offroad.
We wheel it a TON but moderately light trails, and mostly on the beach.

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
I have gotten compliments on the wheels since I powder coated the rings blue and my tire cover. Guess no one really cares its blue or anything else about it lol. There is a guy who came up beside me driving down the interstate that honked just to tell me he loved my tire cover lol.

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I don't pay attention to what others think however the other day as I was getting off the highway a pickup passing had their passenger turning and staring at my jeep. Same day there was another guy trying to keep up alongside. When I looked over, I got the nod. Jeeps are everywhere here yet each one is different from the other. Aldo, your jeep looks amazing! Nice job with color and wheel package.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I do all the time and it’s been good for my mental health. I don’t mean that in a narcissist way. But it helps with connecting to people and making small talk when others initiate first. The Jeep and the community is like therapy, while being cheaper then actual therapy.

Little context. I have some trauma as a teen that caused me to mostly isolate and was homeless as a young adult into my mid 20s. Not hardcore homeless, aways had a car. With that said, my social skills and confidence suffered. The Jeep helps make connections and forces me to interact with people on the bases of a common interest.

This is something you don’t really get with other vehicles. No one compliments a basic F-150 or beat up Volvo station wagon… On my previous Jeep, I was aways getting compliments about the seats, sometimes wheels. New one is exterior color. Here’s pictures of the two.

Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? 825A30B7-B9DB-4FF0-A4E5-22E8C4AF8876

Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? 7CEA618A-32FD-44C6-8C8E-F1E318249310

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I do all the time and it’s been good for my mental health. I don’t mean that in a narcissist way. But it helps with connecting to people and making small talk when others initiate first. The Jeep and the community is like therapy, while being cheaper then actual therapy.

Little context. I have some trauma as a teen that caused me to mostly isolate and was homeless as a young adult into my mid 20s. Not hardcore homeless, aways had a car. With that said, my social skills and confidence suffered. The Jeep helps make connections and forces me to interact with people on the bases of a common interest.

This is something you don’t really get with other vehicles. No one compliments a basic F-150 or beat up Volvo station wagon… On my previous Jeep, I was aways getting compliments about the seats, sometimes wheels. New one is exterior color. Here’s pictures of the two.

825A30B7-B9DB-4FF0-A4E5-22E8C4AF8876.jpeg

7CEA618A-32FD-44C6-8C8E-F1E318249310.jpeg
That’s an amazing story. Thank you for sharing!

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
I have people come up to me in a parking lot once every week or two. Most true Jeepers recognize that I was going for the old CJ Renegade feel and appreciate that. I'll occasionally notice people turning their heads and smile when I drive past. There's something about a retro styled build that makes people happy.

Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? PXL_20221021_190545827

My most previous car was a bright Inferno Orange 5th Gen Camaro SS. It had long tube headers, no cats and Corsa exhaust so it was loud. Never really did much in terms of visual changes just performance ones. But I'm not unused to strangers approaching me occasionally for what I drive.

Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? IMG_20160423_150357

Sponsored

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I have people come up to me in a parking lot once every week or two. Most true Jeepers recognize that I was going for the old CJ Renegade feel and appreciate that. I'll occasionally notice people turning their heads and smile when I drive past. There's something about a retro styled build that makes people happy.

Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? DSC_5953 copy
Great retro look! I'm hoping this is the year I finally buy a Cj7 Renegade

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
The feature that gets most attention are the vintage looking Jeep wheels, though. I had complete stranger come over to strike a conversation when I pulled up at a gas station of walked away from my Jeep at a parking lot.
Your wheels are awesome. I liked the black steelies on my Hella better than the silver wheels on my Hydro.

And yeah, I can't remember the last time I filled the Jeep up in peace. They kinda got you trapped. But I did it to Jeep drivers before I got my Jeep, so I understand.

I've posted before how shocked I have been over the unsolicited compliments. Once the doors are off, I get Chatty Cathy's and Chatty Chester's at a lot of stop lights.

People really seem to love the Hydro Blue, but I still liked my Hella better.

I also think regular people feel more comfortable blindly approaching a stock Jeep.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX

That’s awesome to have found Jeeping as a way to overcome life’s challenges. Love hearing stuff like this. Thanks for sharing.

YJdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ 4.0, 2021 JL Willys Sport
Another cool aspect to consider on this topic is how it really doesn't matter how new or old your Jeep is... whether it's a CJ/YJ/TJ/JK/JL they just always turn heads.
My old YJ gets as many or more props as the new JL does. They've been equally ducked and are equally fun to ride in. Sometimes I'll get a funny look from younger peeps at the gas station when I pull the license plate down to fuel up though..lol
Sponsored