Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are overthinking this…just make sure the dog is watching you, open the tailgate and toss a squirrel inside, instinct will finish the job for you 😉🐿

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
You guys are overthinking this…just make sure the dog is watching you, open the tailgate and toss a squirrel inside, instinct will finish the job for you 😉🐿
I’ve been looking for something to do with the box of squirrels in my garage.

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
It's not difficult. Rear seat out, place dog bed against front seat backs. Load luggage, coolers etc. securely beside / behind said dog bed. Leave a path for dog to enter from rear and get into bed. Fill path with remaining luggage.
My wife, our 40lb border collie and I just drove 500 miles for a week long vacation using this system. Had enough room that nothing interfered with my view out the back or sides.
People (and by 'people' I mean my wife) way over think packing and underestimate how much room a 2 door has without the back seat....

On a side note, driving through the monsoonal downpoor outside Sedona was not fun. My jeep, however, is thoroughly leak checked...

Reactions: VNT

Sponsored

QuietChaos

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JGCL
I wish I could help. I just got a big dog in a little dog body.

Jeep Wrangler JL How do you get your dog in a 2dr? Dog Meme
LOL - love your big dog in a little body. My Sophia (14 lb chihuahua) is the same way sometimes but I love her. How do you transport/restrain your little one while driving with the top down? I have a doggy carseat that straps to the middle console that works well in my JGC but wondered if there were better/safer methods. I ordered a MY23 2-door Willys and want to be ready. :)

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I took the seat out when it came home the first time. Open the tailgate and our 25 lb. Shiba jumps in. Got a pad on the floor and a bed for him back there. When I had a TJ with a truck I’d just pull the passenger seat forward and our 110 lb Bouvier would hop right in.

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
2dr, no back seat, so they have tons of room. My lab jumps right in, even arches his back down to go under the soft top window bar. My boxer, however, does not know he has back legs. He puts his front paws in, then I pick him up by his back legs and wheelbarrow walk him in. So dumb.

I cut a piece of plywood to cover the rear footwell, it jams between the seat backs and the metal tiedowns and is covered with a piece of black carpet

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Old thread, but just saw it. I have my back seat out. Built a storage box back there and the top of it is covered with a cushion. My 4 y/o Vizsla just jumps in. My 15 y/o GSP needs a lift. But she's only about 45 pounds now. So it doesn't bother me to do it.
I also have Raingler nets so when the top is down they can't jump out. Though my Vizsla has a bad habit of dropping his $7 chuckit balls outside the Jeep.

Sponsored

Taaronk

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Build Thread
Link
It kind of depends what sort of mood they’re in on a given day…

lately I pull the passenger seat forward and they put their front paws on the rock slider and then jump up. This is with no seat in.

if the seat is in they do the same, but it’s usually a jump to the floor then a hop to the seat.
Other times I open the tail gate and they jump up, but sometimes they’re timid, tired, or lazy and ive gotta lift one or both up. They’re each about 70 lbs, so it’s not too bad.