Sponsored

Jeep snobbery - RANT

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
This thread has been worthless, since post #1, so, I don't think it could get any worse. Any topic, other than whining about "someone not liking my Jeep, because it is a Sahara model", can only improve this thread. So, messing up a kids Chalk Art, and Rock Crawling on Rainbows is a turn for the better, for this thread.
Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I still think 99% of this perceived snobbery is imagined! Who the hell cares what someone else thinks about your vehicle? I think this whole freakin thread was a waste.

BestJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This thread has been worthless, since post #1, so, I don't think it could get any worse. Any topic, other than whining about "someone not liking my Jeep, because it is a Sahara model", can only improve this thread. So, messing up a kids Chalk Art, and Rock Crawling on Rainbows is a turn for the better, for this thread.
This from the guy who all he does is whine about other members’ posts... :LOL:

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Sean — can you please explain what you meant in your post on 27 Aug? You stated:

Sean K.
Aug 27, 2020

“Worst kind of people involved in this sport. Willing to damage other people's vehicles for their own amusement. Worthy of the ass beatings they sometimes get, IMO.”

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-“easy”-off-roading.57014/page-3#post-1236452

Seems like your advocating violence and undermining every post you’ve made in this thread....?

500 points to Ted....?
Well, no, that's mudding the waters. Sean is against the use of violence in response to words, unless those words speak of the intention of using violence. Any physical negative action, and then its no holds barred.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Sean — can you please explain what you meant in your post on 27 Aug? You stated:

Sean K.
Aug 27, 2020

“Worst kind of people involved in this sport. Willing to damage other people's vehicles for their own amusement. Worthy of the ass beatings they sometimes get, IMO.”

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-“easy”-off-roading.57014/page-3#post-1236452

Seems like your advocating violence and undermining every post you’ve made in this thread....?

500 points to Ted....?
Wow, you really had to dig for that one, didn't you? :like: LOL. I LOVE this board. There are so many thin skinned folks that want to target the person they see as a "know it all"....you just really wish you could give me my deserved comeuppance.:CWL:

So you don't believe that endangering the occupants of vehicles (which often include loved ones, not merely friends) as well as damaging property can constitute a physical threat?

You do realize that when vehicles are intentionally guided off path and lead to roll overs, actual physical injuries can and do occur. I saw this EXACT scenario play out at my first AZ state jamboree where a woman's hand was crushed in "Tail Light Hole" as one of the aforementioned asshole type people intentionally guided her nicely built FJ40 onto a line that he knew was going to make her flop. They laughed about it afterward...right up until they found out she was hurt. Then they "felt bad" and were "sorry"....b/c that makes it all better.

It boiled down to this group didn't like 'nice' vehicles and "real wheelers" didn't care about body damage. I had a very similar incident happen with this same group of people on Martinez Canyon during a subsequent Jamboree where someone NOT spotting yelled at the top of their lungs that I needed to turn "Hard driver!"...which would have caved in my passenger rear quarter....The only reason it didn't do the damage he hoped was that I stopped following that instruction as soon as I heard the rear body armor smashing into the rock face and realizing that more driver was dropping the rear tire and would make the situation much worse.

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
My Rubicon is a dedicated “rock crawler”. My tires are always dirty...

4E083284-D463-406B-B4BA-AB920BD29C1E.png
@SecondTJ,

I second that opinion, but not with a dedicated rock crawler, my Sport S is saddled with the 3.45 open diffs. However, I do my fair share of rock tip-toeing, but only when I'm with other Jeeping buddies.

Still that's not dirt. My tires nearly always look like this even when Snoopy's clean. Colorado mountain mud just seems to be a permanent part of my JL.

Hope this post doesn't take this thread into other unpredictable dimensions.

Jeep on. Snobbery or not.

I'm having a blast with mine. Now if we can only curtail all these damn fires causing access to the National Forests in the 5 counties around me to be closed until further notice. All my respect to the firefighters.

We have to do a way better job at managing the bark beetle kill creating all this fuel. Whoops, just added yet another potential tangent to this thread.

Jay

IMG_20201021_092731.jpg

IMG_20201021_092711.jpg

IMG_20201021_092800.jpg

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Hmmm...joins today. 2 posts....

What a gutless excuse for a human being....

Someone obviously from the board....just lacks the intestinal fortitude to sign their real user name to an accusation they had to dig through several months of posts to find.

There's a name for folks like you....BestJeep1....and it ain't flattering.
I understand where you're coming from, but the two posts included 3 questions and a reference link to what you wrote. The "muddy waters" comment seems pretty benign to me compared to some of the exchanges on here.

This really deserves "what a gutless excuse for a human being" based on your assumptions...no evidence?

:)What title does he get if he picks his nose and farts at the same time?

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

Sean K.
Aug 27, 2020

500 points to Ted....?
LOL 1 post... and banned.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
My Rubicon is a dedicated “rock crawler”. My tires are always dirty...

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep snobbery - RANT IMG_20201021_092800
looks like you drove through a pride parade...

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Sir, please walk away from the hose. Hey Ken, tell Karen to get the tazer and rubber bullets. And call for backup...
I wish I could walk away. But, this thread might actually morph into some adult topic, that might be interesting.
Btw, I don't get the hose, tazer, Ken Karen, and rubber bullet reference. Please explain. Maybe this thread could turn even more interesting.

Letsssss gettttt readyyyyy toooooo rumblllllllle. Kind of looses a little, when you type it out.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Why was that so difficult? So you believe violence in response to speech is an appropriate response in some instances....which is exactly what I said you believed at the beginning of this shit show.

That means YOU CANNOT CLAIM you really believe in free speech. You don't. And that's fine. But keep this important fact in mind: American society AND law both define the ideal of free speech exactly the way I do; not the way you do. It is codified into criminal law and in the Use of Force Continuum you're so fond of citing that you cannot legally commit a violent act against even an 'offensive' speaker in a civilian capacity (I'd argue you are limited in a LEO capacity as well, but that's tangential).

I've NEVER said speech doesn't have consequences. In fact, when I discuss this topic and someone inevitably brings up the "speech can be limited" fallacy such has you cannot yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater...to which I point out exactly what you did (and I've never said otherwise)...that there are both potential criminal and tort CONSEQUENCES to your speech, especially if it is false, fraudulent or leads to the abridgement of the natural, negative rights of others. That isn't the same thing as limiting or censoring speech.

The rest of your personal attacks are laughable, especially since you've played the "blessed peacemaker" card earlier that belies your real character. I wonder, is that a biblical reference?

If so, you might want to read Matt 6:1 regarding all the bragging you've done about your good deeds.

As for my use of the word "argument", maybe a definition is in order since your vocabulary seems a bit stifled:

ar·gu·ment | \ ˈär-gyə-mənt \
Definition of argument

1a: a coherent series of reasons, statements, or facts intended to support or establish a point of view

Valid arguments don't include personal insults...and you can't claim you were "just joking" or merely exchanging "ideas and thoughts" now b/c that's "disingenuous" to any thinking person.(Do you need the definition for that one too since you clearly didn't know what it meant earlier in the conversation?)

I'm sure you'll have an axe to grind later over this whole exchange. I apologize if I've offended you in any way. Just know, hate isn't the opposite of love; indifference is...and I really don't care about your opinion on this subject one way or the other (but I do care about you as a person). I was just trying to get you to engage your mind. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink as they say.
Actions. Maybe you have not gotten this yet. I have never punched someone in the mouth for their speech. I did say some people need to be punched in the face for their speech and you admitted that people have tried to punch you in the face for your speech. Am I okay with someone punching someone in the face for their disrespectful speech. Yes, I am okay with it. Is it potentially against the law. Yes, is it ever really prosecuted ...... No not really. Almost nobody spends any real time in Jail or prison for simple assault.

I do believe in free speech. That does not mean that you have the right to act just any way you want to other people. People will hold you accountable or try to per your own omission.

You for some reason think that this conversation has real value to me. It just isn't , it is entertaining and I thank you for that, but on a scale of importance to me is about a 1 to a 1.5 on a scale of 1 to 10. You think that you may have offended me. Really, I would have to care what you thought to be offended. You just haven't figured it out yet that I don't. Hahaha, an axe to grind over what? Someone on the internet doesn't agree with me. Really, that is funny just by its self.

Not one time have I said that I would limit your speech. I just so happen to agree that it is not limited. I just so happen to also agree that a person does not have to tolerate an asshole. And that is where we split paths on this. You tolerate asshole, and I don't believe a person should have to. I believe that we all make choices and we may or may not be held accountable for those choice. I am still waiting for you to post up your social experiment of going in a biker bar and using free speech to insult people, or may be go in to a diverse neighborhood and yell out racially charged slurs and report back on how your free speech worked out. Maybe you could make a Youtube video so we can all enjoy it. I would surely give it a thumbs up and a like.

Nice definition of argument.

Maybe this would be more fitting from my view.

Argument
  1. an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.
    "I've had an argument with my father"

2 a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong.

I am not angry with you or heated, I have found this to be fun and funny. I am not trying to persuade you. I do not care if you agree with me or don't agree with me. It is perfectly fine that you believe what you believe and I believe what I believe. Yet, I am not the one that people try and punch in the mouth. This is been a nice thread discussion about why you should not get punched in the mouth. Me, I will just act like a decent person and not worry about getting punched in the mouth for what I say.

Sponsored