First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
We also have a $5 mil umbrella policy with State Farm. Crazy for people to not have complete coverage nowadays.
Sponsored

JAW

First Name
JEFF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RUBICON JLU, 2018 Porsche Panamara Sport Turismo, 2015 Audi RS5, 2010 Ferrari 599, 2018 McLaren 720s
I am with Progressive, and they still haven't been able to quote me on the VIN I provided. Hopefully by the time I take delivery in approx 2 weeks they have the numbers!
I have progressive, no problem with the vin for me. $720 year, 1k deductible. I think it's actually my cheapest vehicle...

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
My JK is like $360 a year. I cover the absolute minimum outside of comprehensive. I figure if someone is dumb enough to drive a quarter million dollar car and up, they can afford to fix it..

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Got quoted just above 1k a year with 500 deductible for 100k(?) Coverage. I used a vin found online for a rubi fully loaded but I'm getting a sport s. I'm in Los Angeles so it's gonna be higher than most and I also have an old blemish in my record.
I don't put a lot of miles on my vehicles and it's actually slightly cheaper than my current car

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
My insurance went up a whopping $7 a month from my JK to the JL. I have full coverage, including GAP.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
My JK is like $360 a year. I cover the absolute minimum outside of comprehensive. I figure if someone is dumb enough to drive a quarter million dollar car and up, they can afford to fix it..
Just make sure you’re covered against all those idiots driving without insurance. Two family members were hit recently by uninsured drivers. In both instances the drivers showed proof of insurance at the scene but then turned out neither had paid their premiums.

I guess some states might be no fault.

I don’t understand how insurance companies can provide insurance cards if premiums are not paid. If paying monthly premiums, then proof should only reflect the current month that is paid in full.

Come to think of it, Geico sends my insurance cards before I pay my 6 month premium.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
USAA quoted me just over $60 for 6 months more than my '06 F-150.

captainjack

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
For those of you who are in current possession of your new JLs, what insurance quote did you get? I know this varies by a lot of factors including insurance, age, driving history, discounts and special memberships but I just want a rough estimate of what to expect. I am 25 yrs old but have been able to put my dad as the main driver for lower rates in previous vehicles.
Just updated with USAA from a 2016 Oscar Mike to 2018 JL Sport S. The increase was 42 dollars every 6 months.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
We also have a $5 mil umbrella policy with State Farm. Crazy for people to not have complete coverage nowadays.
And most would be shocked how cheap it is for that 5MM umbrella policy! Proper insurance (delta) isn't that expensive in the grand scheme of things, and it really helps you sleep at night.

Sponsored

RikFlairWoo

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 TJ Sahara
I am with Progressive, and they still haven't been able to quote me on the VIN I provided. Hopefully by the time I take delivery in approx 2 weeks they have the numbers!
Any chance you are selling your TJ? I feel like I have seen it on other forums before

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Mine is cheaper than wifes 2015 forester XT. I was pretty shocked

azfun

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending Wrangler JLUR
Please verify the specifics of your policy, The following comments are for your general information based on the comments in this thread:

1. Comprehensive and collision coverage insures the cost of the vehicle and that rate is based on the Actual Cash Value of the vehicle. Add GAP, new car replacement, a low deductible and it will cost more.

2. Unless you have state minimum coverage over half of your auto premium is for your legal liability, uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. I just quoted my JLRU for the lower coverage @ $49.00 a month. My normal coverage will be $93.00 for the same vehicle.

3. There are also vast differences in the policies between insurance carriers. Unless you schedule your modifications, any claim will only pay for original equipment. Other carriers limit scheduled mods to $5,000 and that is not a lot for a Jeep.

4. Some carriers do not cover damage sustained in off road use regardless of the circumstance. They may also limit or exclude anyone not specifically rated on your policy so be careful wheeling with family and friends.

Jethris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I have $500 deductible, min coverage required in Colorado, and it's $402/year for a 44 year old geezer with no accidents

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Yearly

My 2017 Corvette is $445 a year.
I guess It helps to have 8 vehicles, 2 boats, 2 UTV’s and several homes insured with them.
As well as living in Alabama. Good luck with that rate in CA...lol. Tho group discount on all of your rides def helps but man that still adds up!
Sponsored