JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Is it bad that the first thing I looked for was paint bubbles in the picture? 😬

But yeah a black antenna is going to look 100% better. I want one for my Willys XR.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Told you I wouldn't mod the Jeep for appearance purposes. The only piece of chrome on the vehicle, who's idea was that? I've got a black one coming in. Is this how it start's?
Jeep Wrangler JL I lied to ya IMG_0698
If you own a Jeep, there’s only one of two possibilities:
  1. You lied
  2. You are in denial

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I understand the optimal solution involves a Ford part.

I would be curious to know if there was an odd uptick in thefts of Bronco antennas once this got out... :)

btw OP, think of your antenna as the first banana peel on that slippery slope of modifications...

Sponsored

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Yeah, replacement antennas are considered a gateway drug around here. 🙄

And so it begins… :LOL:
Weirdly enough, out of all the mods I looked at doing for my Jeep, an antenna swap was one of the few things I never considered as I've read the stubbies do have an affect on signal quality, and since I live in a fairly rural area as it is.... I'll keep the factory one.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Weirdly enough, out of all the mods I looked at doing for my Jeep, an antenna swap was one of the few things I never considered as I've read the stubbies do have an affect on signal quality, and since I live in a fairly rural area as it is.... I'll keep the factory one.
I can confirm what you read. Tried a longer stubby, tossed it in the trash. Long distance reception was terrible. But multiple coats of black Plasti-Dip does wonders for the stock antenna aesthetically and has no effect on reception.

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
I can confirm what you read. Tried a longer stubby, tossed it in the trash. Long distance reception was terrible. But multiple coats of black Plasti-Dip does wonders for the stock antenna aesthetically and has no effect on reception.
There's a post somewhere on here where someone talked about estimated signal loss with various antennas they'd seen used over the years, and some of the shorter stubbies seemed to even struggle within city limits.... I'll look into plastidipping, but unless looking at it becomes a thorn in my side, I'll probably leave it as is. 🤷🏽‍♀️