Sponsored

What’s it worth to ya?

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Driving past a lot today, I saw some new JKs still parked out front. Brand new, no miles. So it got me thinking- if you had the choice of similarly equipped wranglers, what amount of discount would it take for you to pick a JK over a JL?
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
A LOT!!!! I like the new changes to the JL just on the creature comforts alone. Proximity key, back up camera and parking sensors.

Since I got 5% off invoice on the JL I would have to say maybe 15% off invoice for the JK.

EMJeep

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Wow.. tough call. It’d have to be a Rubi and I wouldn’t pay a dime over 30K :surprised: Like that would actually happen anyways.. Oh well, totally satisfied giving a Jeep wave in a JL.

ShaunTheJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2D JL Rubicon
No discount would have swayed me. I like the novelty of having the new model. New style, transmission, features... I'm a tech-guy and this will be driven daily so those improvements are important. If I was using it more off road things might be different and maybe lower cost would take priority. So I guess it depends on what you want out of it.

Sponsored

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
When I purchased my JL I originally went in to get a JK because they were heavily discounted. After driving both and comparing them for hours of back and forth I decided on spending more to get the JL.. I could have saved a lot by going with the JK but I liked the JL MUCH better..

So to answer the Q? It would have taken a lot to get me to buy a JK. Maybe $10K of the JK Sport Unlimited would have done the trick.. :p

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Driving past a lot today, I saw some new JKs still parked out front. Brand new, no miles. So it got me thinking- if you had the choice of similarly equipped wranglers, what amount of discount would it take for you to pick a JK over a JL?
I would've taken the deep discounts being offered in my area on JKs (roughly three grand on the lower models), but the bigger problem is that none of them are actually what I want--a manual transmission 2 door, in an interesting color, without several grand of options I don't care for. With a JL I don't have to pay for anything I don't want, and fun colors are free.

citzen z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty (Daily Driver), 2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Amateur Astrophysicist and new Jeep Enthusiast
dealer near me says 6k off list price but you must finance through their network. not really a deal

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
If I were one that was going to immediately do major mods, I would have been swayed to jk. Proven platform, tested parts already in the aftermarket stream, and a good looking vehicle too.
But I do modest mods over time. The JL already has many upgrades from the jk, so for me, less modification is needed at first.
The JL is just a better fit for me stock than a jk, so it would have probably had to have been about 10000 less to tempt me.
Sponsored