Sponsored

How prevalent are these issues anyway?!?

What issues have you experienced?

• Water leaking from hard top.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steering gets very stiff while at freeway speeds.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
well, I have to say I was hoping I was going to get to 10000 miles without having any issues, but this weekend was the first time I took the hard top off. The electrical disconnect was stuck so hard that it broke the plastic piece holding the male end in place when I pulled down (After opening the red tap)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
well, I have to say I was hoping I was going to get to 10000 miles without having any issues, but this weekend was the first time I took the hard top off. The electrical disconnect was stuck so hard that it broke the plastic piece holding the male end in place when I pulled down (After opening the red tap)
Well that sucks... Hopefully it's a quick fix by the dealer!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well that sucks... Hopefully it's a quick fix by the dealer!
eh, if it's covered in the warranty I'll get it fixed but It might be more inconvenient than anything.

tcadaniel

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi
After you pulled the red piece down did you press it in? It's a two step process. I swapped mine a few days ago and figured it out.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
After you pulled the red piece down did you press it in? It's a two step process. I swapped mine a few days ago and figured it out.
I'll have to check that out. every video I looked up on it simply said, "Just simply pull the red tab down and pull the connector off"

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Might wanna add Manual Transmission Issues since they seem to be getting more common. Is the poll set up to vote for more than one?

EROCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
My biggest issues is the loose steering. It almost feels like there is too much electronic assist. Needs a bit more resistance.
Agreed preferred the linear predictable nature of traditional power steering, but that goes for most vehicles not just Jeeps. EPAS :no:

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
For what it’s worth, I went to a local Houston dealership yesterday to see Ocean Blue in person. While there, I decided to crawl underneath and check out the welds on 2 Rubicons on the lot due to the issues and crappy QC some have had problems with (I did not get photos). I also checked out the build date. 4/18 on both.

The welds looked pretty good. Only one very small area of porosity, not enough to give me concern. No corrosion. Only a little spatter on a couple of areas. None of those small tack welds where there should be a full bead. No cracks. I was very relieved. Maybe they’ve gotten it togetter better than builds from January? I certainly hope so.

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
For what it’s worth, I went to a local Houston dealership yesterday to see Ocean Blue in person. While there, I decided to crawl underneath and check out the welds on 2 Rubicons on the lot due to the issues and crappy QC some have had problems with (I did not get photos). I also checked out the build date. 4/18 on both.

The welds looked pretty good. Only one very small area of porosity, not enough to give me concern. No corrosion. Only a little spatter on a couple of areas. None of those small tack welds where there should be a full bead. No cracks. I was very relieved. Maybe they’ve gotten it togetter better than builds from January? I certainly hope so.
Well that's good to hear, thanks for reporting back to us! :like:

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.

Thanks for reporting on recent builds--I was very curious as to that.

I'm gonna be getting under one of the first 2 doors and checking the same. If they look good, it'll be order time for me.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
As good as this forum and the internet is I think it also makes us paranoid. There is bound to be issues and Jeep has so far stepped up to take care of them. As much as it sucks I knew the risk and still signed on for the new JL
Keep your JK in case you will need it ; paranoid is another word for being careful .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Thanks for reporting on recent builds--I was very curious as to that.

I'm gonna be getting under one of the first 2 doors and checking the same. If they look good, it'll be order time for me.

Why not get under both of the doors , rather than only one of the doors ?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Guys please take my observations with a large grain of salt. It was an unscientific survey of only 2 units that I looked at. For it to have more meaning more of us should get under dealer lot units and record what they look like as well as the build dates.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Guys please take my observations with a large grain of salt. It was an unscientific survey of only 2 units that I looked at. For it to have more meaning more of us should get under dealer lot units and record what they look like as well as the build dates.
You are highly respected , dude . You do it for us .
Sponsored