Sponsored

What are these parts? What are these parts for?

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Carplay would work better.
So for Wireless CarPlay on Jeep I will need to purchase some adapter? Or in 2021 Jeep is capable of doing that without any extra adapter?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
So for Wireless CarPlay on Jeep I will need to purchase some adapter? Or in 2021 Jeep is capable of doing that without any extra adapter?
Adapter, I use Carlinkit, around $100 on Amazon.

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
It’s in Uconnect 5, wrangler is still on 4.
Interesting.
So, CarPlay works over Uconnect? Or not?
But what is Uconnect really? Is it an operating system of the touchscreen/entertainment device? Or is it a standard/protocol? Or is it a part of the mentioned operating system responsible for external connections (mobile connectivity of a car itself) and internal connections (Bluetooth or wired connection to some mobile devices)? Too many new fussy terms to me.

And BTW, as soon as Uconnect 5 is available to Wrangler, I will be able to update Uconnect software and get the new wireless CarPlay functionality?

Sponsored

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
It’s in Uconnect 5, wrangler is still on 4.
I managed to make in work. Just drove with Google Maps over CarPlay.
My feedback.
It is not convenient to set up the destination on that touchscreen. So I used my phone to setup the destination. After that I used the touchscreen to navigate which is safer since I don't need to hold my phone in my hand. Is it a typical scenario or I don't get something?

And I didn't find the way how to zoom in/out on that touchscreen using 2 fingers.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Cool. I will try to reboot the phone but the battery is not detachable on iPhones LOL
Well crap, that's just not gonna work my friend. I'm a bit older than most here, and these new fangled things give me a bit of a headache at times. I wish I could help you more, but do try turning off the "play as blue tooth phone call" just for giggles. As I said, you never know.

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Hey guys,

One more question.
I found these screws and have no idea what they are for.

Jeep Wrangler JL What are these parts? What are these parts for? 1639068943154

And closer view of the same:
Jeep Wrangler JL What are these parts? What are these parts for? 1639068980788

Any idea please?

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
As well, I ordered Mopar Grab Handles. They are included. But to install them I will probably need a screwdriver of torx T25 or T30. But I see only T40 and T50 bits in that standard Jeep tool bag.
So they don't give your all the tools?? For that money they (Jeep) try to safe pennies on couple extra bits?
Is it the case?

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
As well, I ordered Mopar Grab Handles. They are included. But to install them I will probably need a screwdriver of torx T25 or T30. But I see only T40 and T50 bits in that standard Jeep tool bag.
So they don't give your all the tools?? For that money they (Jeep) try to safe pennies on couple extra bits?
Is it the case?
It's not that they're trying to save money. The little torx kit is just to remove the doors and (maybe) drop the windshield, nothing else.

Sponsored

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
It's not that they're trying to save money. The little torx kit is just to remove the doors and (maybe) drop the windshield, nothing else.
I understand. But if I ordered an option with my new car, I expect either to be able to install it, or my dealer would install it for me before the dealer hands me the car. I would expect that everything would be assembled when I order certain configuration. So to me it feels like an undone work... No?

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Front license plate
Thank you! It was my guess. Because my dealer attached/installed my license plates while I was inside filling up a lot of paperwork.
Thank you one more time.

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I understand. But if I ordered an option with my new car, I expect either to be able to install it, or my dealer would install it for me before the dealer hands me the car. I would expect that everything would be assembled when I order certain configuration. So to me it feels like an undone work... No?
With any aftermarket accessory, you're correct that it's up to the purchaser to either have someone install the accessory or DIY. If you specifically told the dealership to install the grab handles and they agreed, but failed to do so, then it's their fault and you should politely tell them about the oversight.

In your instance, the Mopar Grab Handles are optional. To me, since they're optional and the T25 and T30 are commonplace, Stellantis isn't obligated to provide the specific torx bits.

Oh, and the JL is a Jeep, not a car. ;)

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
With any aftermarket accessory, you're correct that it's up to the purchaser to either have someone install the accessory or DIY. If you specifically told the dealership to install the grab handles and they agreed, but failed to do so, then it's their fault and you should politely tell them about the oversight.

In your instance, the Mopar Grab Handles are optional. To me, since they're optional and the T25 and T30 are commonplace, Stellantis isn't obligated to provide the specific torx bits.

Oh, and the JL is a Jeep, not a car. ;)
In my case it was not aftermarket. Generally I expected it would've been installed at the factory before delivery to my dealer. If not, it's a business between the dealer and the factory, I don't need to know anything about that.

And thank you for reminding that a Jeep is a jeep and not a car :)
Sponsored