Sponsored

What are these parts? What are these parts for?

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Hi guys,

Found in my new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 4x4. My dealership guy didn't know what it is even being a Wrangler owner.

This one from both sides:

Jeep Wrangler JL What are these parts? What are these parts for? viber_image_2021-11-29_15-29-57-116
Jeep Wrangler JL What are these parts? What are these parts for? viber_image_2021-11-29_15-29-57-237

And those black rubber tubes and yellowish things:
Jeep Wrangler JL What are these parts? What are these parts for? viber_image_2021-11-29_15-29-57-325

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Yury
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
First is the cover for the ACC when you drop the windsheild.

Second is for the aux switches, iirc. (Came with my Mopar kit)

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
The black shield is to cover the adaptive cruise control 'box' when you drop the windshield.

The packet has heat shrink tubing and eyelets for connecting stuff to your Aux switches....

Hope this helps and congrats on the new JLUR!

Last edited:
OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
First is the cover for the ACC when you drop the windsheild.

Second is for the aux switches, iirc. (Came with my Mopar kit)
Thank you!

For the first one I see how I use it. The only this I will need to figure is how to drop the windshield. But I will easily google it or find in my user's manual.

As for the second one, I guess I better refer to the manual.

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
The black shield is to cover the adaptive cruise control 'box' when you drop the windshield.

The packet has heat shrink tubing and eyelets for connecting stuff to your Aux switches....

Hope this helps and congrats on the new JLUR!
Thank you!

I got a strange issue with my iPhone and google maps and Bluetooth. My phone is paired with the Jeep by Bluetooth. When I run google maps navigating on my phone it is mute -- so I keep missing turns LOL. I tried to connect it to the Jeep by a Lightning/USB cable -- no difference.

Any idea how I could make my phone/google maps speak (either directly or over the car's speakers)?

When I have regular calls or Skype calls, the sound output goes over car's speakers. So it generally works. The only issue I've had so far is google maps mobile app.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thank you!

I got a strange issue with my iPhone and google maps and Bluetooth. My phone is paired with the Jeep by Bluetooth. When I run google maps navigating on my phone it is mute -- so I keep missing turns LOL. I tried to connect it to the Jeep by a Lightning/USB cable -- no difference.

Any idea how I could make my phone/google maps speak (either directly or over the car's speakers)?

When I have regular calls or Skype calls, the sound output goes over car's speakers. So it generally works. The only issue I've had so far is google maps mobile app.
Check the settings in google maps.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you!

Yuri, I had the same problem Google Maps, and found they set to mute. Check your Google maps settings in your phone, it's in there somewhere.

I see I'm the 3rd one to suggest this. I guess it would behove me to read all the post before answering. lol

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Yuri, I had the same problem Google Maps, and found they set to mute. Check your Google maps settings in your phone, it's in there somewhere.

I see I'm the 3rd one to suggest this. I guess it would behove me to read all the post before answering. lol
Thank you Jim
I will try it!

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Why don't you connect your phone, and use the Apple CarPlay? So, I know I'm going to sound like a dick when I say this. Your first two questions have been asked hundreds of times on this forum. Why didn't you just search? I'm sure you bought the vehicle from a dealer. Did they not show you how features work on your Jeep?

Sponsored

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Why don't you connect your phone, and use the Apple CarPlay? So, I know I'm going to sound like a dick when I say this. Your first two questions have been asked hundreds of times on this forum. Why didn't you just search? I'm sure you bought the vehicle from a dealer. Did they not show you how features work on your Jeep?
Nope. I did not have a cable for iPhone with me. The guy set up bluetooth connection only. Ok, I will need to read what Apple CarPlay is and how it helps unmute my google maps.

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL What are these parts? What are these parts for? viber_image_2021-11-30_16-06-28-428

I got my iPhone Google Maps been unmute while connected to my Jeep. It speaks via Jeep's speakers now. But every time Google Maps speaks my Jeep's screen changes to like in the picture. So the Jeep thinks it is a phone call every time Google Maps says something. Is it expected or there is a way how I can improve/fix it?
I turned on both setting for Google Maps on my iPhone: 1) Play voice over Bluetooth and 2) Play as Bluetooth phone call.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Jeep Wrangler JL What are these parts? What are these parts for? viber_image_2021-11-30_16-06-28-428

I got my iPhone Google Maps been unmute while connected to my Jeep. It speaks via Jeep's speakers now. But every time Google Maps speaks my Jeep's screen changes to like in the picture. So the Jeep thinks it is a phone call every time Google Maps says something. Is it expected or there is a way how I can improve/fix it?
I turned on both setting for Google Maps on my iPhone: 1) Play voice over Bluetooth and 2) Play as Bluetooth phone call.
Carplay would work better.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
viber_image_2021-11-30_16-06-28-428.jpg

Well now, that's a new one on me. But I'm old, and this new fangled stuff is like brain sugery too me. One simple thing that has worked for me on many occassions it to reboot the phone. Remove the battery for a few minutes, stick it back in, and let it reset itself. I don't know if that will work for you, but it's easy enough to try. Sometimes it's the phone, and not the vehicles system. Good luck brother.

If nothing else, try turning off the "play as bluetooth phone call". You never know. :)

Reactions: GtX
OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Well now, that's a new one on me. But I'm old, and this new fangled stuff is like brain sugery too me. One simple thing that has worked for me on many occassions it to reboot the phone. Remove the battery for a few minutes, stick it back in, and let it reset itself. I don't know if that will work for you, but it's easy enough to try. Sometimes it's the phone, and not the vehicles system. Good luck brother.

If nothing else, try turning off the "play as bluetooth phone call". You never know. :)
Cool. I will try to reboot the phone but the battery is not detachable on iPhones LOL
Sponsored